PDA

View Full Version : jl w6

rockbottom8
12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey,
I am trying to get a good deal on a jl w6 and jl 500/1 amp installed to add to my logic 7 system in my car. Has anyone done this and if so can you post pics? I think i can get everything (sub,amp,cables,etc) installed for 800-900 bucks. Also, any opionions about what I am going to do. Does anyone suggest dynomatting the car. I wanna make it a removeable box just in case i have to take it out to put more **** in my trunk.

el_duderino
12-16-2005, 09:44 AM
At our shop, we'd recommend a fiberglass molded enclosure in one corner of the trunk. UInless you're a really tall guy who golfs, that's the best way to keep trunk space usable.

Good fiberglas enclosures are lighter than wood, and sound better due to the unusual shapes on the sides and back almost eliminating internal reflections.

That usually costs in the $500 neighborhood just for the enclosure, so since you seem to be on a budget, don't know if that's for you.

rockbottom8
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
At our shop, we'd recommend a fiberglass molded enclosure in one corner of the trunk. UInless you're a really tall guy who golfs, that's the best way to keep trunk space usable.

Good fiberglas enclosures are lighter than wood, and sound better due to the unusual shapes on the sides and back almost eliminating internal reflections.

That usually costs in the $500 neighborhood just for the enclosure, so since you seem to be on a budget, don't know if that's for you.

Cool. Do you happen to have pics though so i can see what it would look like?