PDA

View Full Version : I threw out my back sneezing!

adrian's bmw
12-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Ohhhh, the paaaaaain!!! :bawling: It happened this morning when I was about to leave to the dealership. It's paralyzing. It's excruciating to walk. I still braved the pain and drove to work, but getting in and out of the car had to have been one of the most painful experiences I've ever felt. I'm back home now waiting for my wife to take me to the chiropractor. :(

Has this happened to anyone before? I've never had back problems, but my sneezing was so violent that it jolted my back.

Dave 330i
12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Ohhhh, the paaaaaain!!! :bawling: It happened this morning when I was about to leave to the dealership. It's paralyzing. It's excruciating to walk. I still braved the pain and drove to work, but getting in and out of the car had to have been one of the most painful experiences I've ever felt. I'm back home now waiting for my wife to take me to the chiropractor. :(

Has this happened to anyone before? I've never had back problems, but my sneezing was so violent that it jolted my back.
Take 4 x 200mg = 800mg Ibuprofen

Jever
12-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I've done it. Not to the extent you have though. I went to a chiro when I was a kid/teenager. Now my bones are so loose I can pop them whenever I want so usually sneezing helps me throw my back (between the shoulderblades) back in place.

ed325i
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Very strange.

Take some anti-inflammatories. I would see a registered massage therapist before a chiro though. Chiros scare me.

Ed

01silber
12-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Very strange.

Take some anti-inflammatories. I would see a registered massage therapist before a chiro though. Chiros scare me.

Ed

:angel: :angel: rumor has it the un registered ones are more fun

Guest84
12-16-2005, 12:07 PM

Has this happened to anyone before? I've never had back problems, but my sneezing was so violent that it jolted my back.Been there done that. One simple sneeze at the breakfast table one morning. Boom! Mostly upper back muscles. I was under alot of stress at the time at work and I was not excercising as much as I should have been. Once it was healed up, I began a good excercise routine that I've been on for 13 years now.

Patrick
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Yes, I have done that, and yes, it hurts.

Take a Vicodin, a Soma, and drink 2 beers. Do the same every hour. After two and a half hours, turn on the TV and watch infomercials. Don't buy anything. :fruit:

:eeps:

I have heard that this method helps with back pain. And other pain, even phantom pain.

:bigpimp:

bmw330pp
12-16-2005, 12:12 PM
How about a cramp in your lower jaw from yawning :cry: ? :dunno:

Guest84
12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Yes, I have done that, and yes, it hurts.

Take a Vicodin, a Soma, and drink 2 beers. Do the same every hour. After two and a half hours, turn on the TV and watch infomercials. Don't buy anything. :fruit:

:eeps:

I have heard that this method helps with back pain. And other pain, even phantom pain.

:bigpimp:

.:rofl:

operknockity
12-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Pop a flexeril (cyclobenzaprine, muscle relaxant), a voltaren (diclofenac, nonsteroidal anti-inflamatory), take a nice nap, and you'll be good as new in a few hours :thumbup:

Melissa
12-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Ouch! I'm sorry this happened to you! I did the same thing when I was a kid. I sneezed and was flat on my back for a week. While it sucked, I sure didn't mind missing school!!

apar330i
12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
A sneeze put Sammy Sosa on the DL in 2004. He must have been weakened from the lack of 'roids.

Jever
12-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Rip, if it makes you feel any better, I just had a sneezing fit. After having moved most of the computer monitors in North America today my back was killing me. I couldn't get the spot right between my shoulder blades. I just sneezed hard enough to send the space shuttle in to orbit 3 times in a row and my back is now golden.

Hope you feel better later on, bro. BTW, after moving all this stuff around one of my supers laughed at me and asked what I wanted to do next. I told him that i just wanted to sit in a hot tub for a while and I actually started to say "you know this guy Rip............nevermind." True story, not kidding.

Guest84
12-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Rip, if it makes you feel any better, I just had a sneezing fit. After having moved most of the computer monitors in North America today my back was killing me. I couldn't get the spot right between my shoulder blades. I just sneezed hard enough to send the space shuttle in to orbit 3 times in a row and my back is now golden.

Hope you feel better later on, bro. BTW, after moving all this stuff around one of my supers laughed at me and asked what I wanted to do next. I told him that i just wanted to sit in a hot tub for a while and I actually started to say "you know this guy Rip............nevermind." True story, not kidding.:rofl: SOrry to hear about your back. Heating pad at night, I-Be-Profin and rest. Good as new 3 days later.

Shabba
12-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Now my bones are so loose I can pop them whenever I want.

Isn't there a poll about this Jev?

:D

postoak
12-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Yes, I've done it. Your ribs are attached to your backbone only with ligaments! They lie in grooves at the backbone end and can pop out of the groove, stretching the ligament. Until they pop back into the groove, you'll be in pain.

adrian's bmw
12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your responses and your sympathies. I've been laying down since I went to the chiropracter yesterday. I've only walked from the car to my lazy chair and that's it. I

Yes, I got a muscle relaxer and pain pills. :D Feel much better. My wife won't let me drink beer and my boss is depressed that I can't be at work helping people get cars. Oh, well. This is most time I've ever been still at one time and all I can do is rest, read, and watch TV.

I'll still can't believe this happened from just a sneeze. :rolleyes:

325ic a beer
12-17-2005, 01:26 PM
There are the "Blue" Percodans, 10 milligrams, that are PERFECT for what happened to you. Do not get the yellow 5 Milligram doses for they are just too weak for any man.
I have thrown my back out from lifting heavy objects before, and these Percodan Blue 10 Milligram pills are the kind. If you are daring and would like to go into a vegetative state so your body can heal quicker, then just drink a beer or two with the Percodan Blue 10's. THEN you'll have no pain whatsoever.
325ic a beer

Alex Baumann
12-17-2005, 02:03 PM
:angel: :angel: rumor has it the un registered ones are more fun

:rofl: :rofl:

Robsa
12-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Worst back injury I ever had was done brushing my teeth. Leaned over the sink to spit and my back just gave out. I could barely walk for a couple of days. I've stopped brushing my teeth just to be safe. :eeps:

Jever
12-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Worst back injury I ever had was done brushing my teeth. Leaned over the sink to spit and my back just gave out. I could barely walk for a couple of days. I've stopped brushing my teeth just to be safe. :eeps:Backs are strange like that. A couple of years ago I learned that one should always lift heavy objects such as pencils with their legs not their backs. I was getting out of my office chair and leaned and twisted to grab a pencil to take to a meeting. I went down like someone shot me in the temple. That was some of the worst pain I've ever felt. I think I'd rather blow my knee out again than deal with that.