PDA

View Full Version : new owner help please

dubmitch
12-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Just bought 745, having a few problems. Last owner lost manuals. I have parking sensors and rear display seems to work. There is a similar display in centre of dash (doesnt do anything).
Getting yellow airbag light and warning that driver restraint system not working. My headrests
do not seem to move (even when adjusting seat). Sat nav disc is also missing (phillips system) not sure what to do about this?
Any help really appreciated.
Thanks

Malibubimmer
12-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Just bought 745, having a few problems. Last owner lost manuals. I have parking sensors and rear display seems to work. There is a similar display in centre of dash (doesnt do anything).
Getting yellow airbag light and warning that driver restraint system not working. My headrests
do not seem to move (even when adjusting seat). Sat nav disc is also missing (phillips system) not sure what to do about this?
Thanks
What year? Assuming it is the 2002-2005 745i, here are my suggestions. Others' will differ:

1. Sign on to Owners on Line on BMW's US website and you can download a manual. [Whoops. Just noticed you are in Ireland. See if Ireland or UK has a similar website. The manual for the US version is available on line.]
2. Check with dealer for parking sensors (unless the 7 is different from the 6 in which case you will get better advice).
3. See dealer about restraint system not working. Depending on year and mileage this may be a warranty item.
4. Don't know about headrests in the 7er.
5. You can buy a new nav disc, either from a dealer or through the company that distributes them. Do a search on this site under "navigation DVD" and the informaiton should appear. [This is for North America. You may have to go to a dealer in Ireland for this.]

kd2789mo
12-17-2005, 07:08 PM
This won't answer all your questions, but you will find it helpful until you're able to get an OM

dubmitch
12-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the help guys, Couldn't get pdf to open. Is this aailable elsewhere. btw car is 2002

SpeedFreak!
12-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the help guys, Couldn't get pdf to open. Is this aailable elsewhere. btw car is 2002

I'm just curious... didn't you notice any of this stuff before you agreed to buy it? :dunno:

See dealer about electronics... and also to buy a Nav DVD.

Head rest move up and down using power control on the side of the center console.

Dude... of all the cars to "not" do you're homework on and have inspected by the dealer... :eek:

Sounds like this is going to be a long, long road for you. :tsk: I'm sorry to see this happen to you... and I don't even know you... just very sorry. :tsk:

kd2789mo
12-18-2005, 12:41 AM
The pdf file should have opened. If you have an email addy, PM it to me, and I'll send you a copy. Do you have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer?

cyclebuddies
12-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks

I don't know if the warranty is the same there, but in US, BMW extended the standard warranty for all 02' and 03 models to 100k bumper to bumper. Dealers here like to see them coming. Call a dealer, have them ck the VIN. they will tell you how much warranty. The head restraints will move several different ways if you have the LUX seating pack and have the right button pushed. Then rotate the knob and push it forward also it curl the head restraint in.