PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen iPod (with video) + Griffin AirClick

RGHessel
12-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I recently got a new 5th Generation iPod (with Video) with a Griffin AirClick RF remote control.

The setup works great, except for the fact that because Apple did away with the remote port on the top of the iPod (which previous versions of Griffin's AirClick utilized), I cannot charge and use the remote simultaneously (since they both use the dock connector).

I would like to be able to charge my iPod when I am away from my car. Unfortunately BMW's cigarette lighter's shut of when the car is off (unlike many other manfacturers).

So, is there any way to get the armrest DC power outlet to remain active when the car is off?

I know this has been discussed before, but my searches didn't come with much.

whiskey.org
12-18-2005, 07:21 PM
no

MarcusSDCA
12-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Not exactly on topic but Santa gave me a 5th gen iPod the other day and I was wondering where people are buying their accessories? I got the cable for the Aux input...but I'm needing the iSkin and the Belkin charger...should I just go to eBay or are there good member tested vendors out there?

RGHessel
12-19-2005, 02:01 PM
I've bought some accessories on eBay, but lately I've ended up going directly to the vendors (www.iskin.com for the silicone case and www.griffin.com for the remote and other accessories). I think the 5G iPod is too new for there to be any accessories speciffically for it on eBay yet...

James
12-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately BMW's cigarette lighter's shut of when the car is off (unlike many other manfacturers).

I charge my phone in the car when the car is off. I have an MY01 330Ci, perhaps they changed it after that?