PDA

View Full Version : I just drove the new Mercedes S550

2006_750Li_ED
12-18-2005, 08:17 PM
It is much smaller than I thought, it is smaller thant the BMW 750Li, the seat is very comfortable, however not as comfortable on the 7 series.
The car has O.K power, the 750Li is quicker.
The dashboard of the S550 is more advanced than BMW's the navigation system is a higher generation, their i-drive functions completely differently, it sits more comfortably in the hand and is just as overwhelming as the BMW i-Drive, I actually find the BMW i-drive to be much more intuitive.
The car handles nice but not as quiet as the 7 series, I think that BMW will win a comparison.

BMW must put a rear reverse camera, it is so cool.

the rear legroom in the BMW is bigger.

The car the dealer had is black on black, and it is just gorgeouse, it has a lot of presence and it is very modern looking.

gbelton
12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Thank you for the information. I plan to take a look and drive the S550 when it comes to my local Merc Dealer!

Good news eitherway and I believe sales will sky rocket in the beginning because it is the newest kid on the block.

GMAN

bimmer7
12-19-2005, 12:09 AM
It is much smaller than I thought, it is smaller thant the BMW 750Li, the seat is very comfortable, however not as comfortable on the 7 series.
The car has O.K power, the 750Li is quicker.
The dashboard of the S550 is more advanced than BMW's the navigation system is a higher generation, their i-drive functions completely differently, it sits more comfortably in the hand and is just as overwhelming as the BMW i-Drive, I actually find the BMW i-drive to be much more intuitive.
The car handles nice but not as quiet as the 7 series, I think that BMW will win a comparison.

BMW must put a rear reverse camera, it is so cool.

the rear legroom in the BMW is bigger.

The car the dealer had is black on black, and it is just gorgeouse, it has a lot of presence and it is very modern looking.

Im going go test drive my uncle's S550 (Blue) ... and see what the fuss is all about.... I mean certainly see what kind of rip-off they have of our I-drive... :dunno: and make a fair comparison I guess ... but Im quite inclined to believe what you said too Ed...that BMW will win the comparison... lets see Im gonna check it out next week... and will post some pics too after the test drive.....