PDA

View Full Version : Remote Wire - Amp ?

Dabear2
12-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I have a 2002 320i w/ the base model stereo system.

I am installing an amp & subwoofer. I was planning on getting to the remote & rear speaker wires by tapping into the factory amp wires. I was disappointed to find out my car doesn’t have a factory amp.

I now plan on tapping into the rear speaker wires and connecting them to my “Peripheral Super VEN 2” adaptor.

My question is. Where is the best location to hook up my remote wire?

el_duderino
12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Does your power antenna stay up when NOT in tuner mode? If so, then you have a power antenna output at the radio you can use.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Dabear2
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't have a power antenna. I believe my antenna is built into that glass (I could be wrong). How do I check to see if I have a power antenna output at the radio?

No, I don’t have a voltmeter?

rvdgaag
12-24-2005, 11:47 AM
check out this JPEG, it is the wiring diagram for the 17 pin radio connector, check pin 16 !

it's a low resolution file, if you need the high res send me a mail at rvdgaag@wallo.com

Dabear2
01-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I found several posts mentioning a switched 12v source under the center console (cell phone power connector). I was planning on using this as my remote wire. I took apart the console and I swear, those wires are no where to be found.

Then I came across some helpful information on http://www.my330i.com/mod18.php
I ended up tapping into the large purple wire coming down the steering column from the ignition switch (this is powered from the 1st key position forward). I am sure it wasn't the easiest solution, but it works.

Andy P
02-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi, did you find a remote +12V? I have a 320D sport with business radio and want to add a sub/amp but i don't know where to connect the amp +12V remote, I don't really want to have to run it to the dash?