PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a Verizon 7130e working with a E46?

fgrogan
12-21-2005, 06:57 AM
I have to replace my cell phone and I've selected the new Verizon 7130e. I am generally familar with a lot of the existing bluetooth issues (Verizon crippelling, support phone list, etc.). I have a 2003 330i ZHP (E46). So far I have only seen postings on here from one or two folks that have the new E90 and the 7130e.

Anyone have any experiance so far pairing and using the new 7130e with a E46 bluetooth system? I've seen the reports that there is some software update coming out (version 20?), but is that a E90 only fix? Before spending the money and time to install the BT system in my car I'd like to have some idea if it will work or not. THe only info i can find from blackberry mentions newer model cars only.

TIA and Merry Christmas

fgrogan
12-22-2005, 09:33 AM
btt

anyone?

fgrogan
12-24-2005, 09:06 AM
anyone?

fgrogan
12-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I am planning to pick up the 7130 later this week as soon as they receive more at the local Verizon store. Before spending the money and time to purchase and install the BT support for my 2003 330i i was curious if anyone else has tried the 7130e yet?

fgrogan
01-17-2006, 07:39 AM
I have the 7`30e and it works great as a cell phone and BB. THe local dealer has all the parts and with my BMWCCA discount (20%), the parts are approx $480. It seems that other BB phone with BB 4.1 support are working so i am feeling much more confident that this might really work.

The local dealer will not allow me to return the parts if it doesn work. Is this normal?

Another question is will i need to get the car "coded" by the dealer? They didn't seem to excited to help me (service staff vs. parts dept) if i ran into trouble and they kept telling me that the $800 installed system was a good deal.

Anyone else try a Verizon 7130e?

fgrogan
02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
anyone?

el_duderino
02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Some options need the car to be coded to tell the car that they are now present.

Sirius modules do not need a coding process. BMW sometimes SAYS that CD changers need coding, but my experience is that this is not true.

If you find a local high end independent shop, they can code for you cheaper. IT does take a long time though.

Most dealerships won't allow electrical parts to be returned. If it doesn't work, let me know, maybe I can buy it off of you for my shop.

My 7130e is in the mail... I'm waiting to make sure that it will push the phone book out on BT.

Did yours comewith 4.1 FW?

fgrogan
04-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone have an update?

fgrogan
05-02-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm a little shocked no one else out there has this combo, but I'd love to get someone else's experiance first. After the recent Blackbery 4.1 software annoucement is anyone using a Verizon 7130e or other BB 4.1 phone in a E46?

blauhai22
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I have looked all over the web for this same answer..... but cannot find anything. I will receiving and testing my 7130e within the next two weeks.

Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

AstroZ
05-28-2006, 12:02 PM
I have a 7130e and an E60. It works most of the time, but the blackberry loses the connection frequently when not on a call. I haven't had it lose a connection while it is on a call. I have also found that getting the latest CIP and disabling address book transfer help a bunch.

camquest
06-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I have the 7130e and have only experienced one problem. Once I pair the phone with the e60 and place or make a call, the volume on the handset becomes disabled (this is normal it think).

The problem is that once I leave the car and the phone is no longer paired with the car, the volume adjustment is still disabled. The only way to solve this problem is to remove the battery and reboot the phone.

Anyone else experience this? I am wondering if it is my phone or a widespread problem.

BigHat
06-21-2006, 02:10 PM
I have the 7130e and have only experienced one problem. Once I pair the phone with the e60 and place or make a call, the volume on the handset becomes disabled (this is normal it think).

The problem is that once I leave the car and the phone is no longer paired with the car, the volume adjustment is still disabled. The only way to solve this problem is to remove the battery and reboot the phone.

Anyone else experience this? I am wondering if it is my phone or a widespread problem.

My 7130e (verizon) doesn't work with my 650. Maybe I need to try it again if some of you are having alittle luck with it.