PDA

View Full Version : Ice Link Plus install on X5 question

jmriegel
12-25-2005, 03:10 PM
First off if this has been discussed before i appoligize. I tried to search, but could not come up with the answer i was looking for. I need to install the IceLinkPlus on a 2004 3.0 X5. I have the business CD. Not sure what other info would be needed but just LMK if anyone needs more info to help me. So is it correct that my car is already wired for a CD changer and that i just dont have one? If that is true, then i plug the 3 and 6 pin cable provided into the prewiring for the CD changer? I was looking in the back on both the drivers and passenger side comparments with the wires and could not find the empty plugs to plug the cable into. So first off, am i trying to install it in the right place or do i have to do it behind the radio? If it does go in the back, does anyone have any pics of which plugs i should use. If it goes behind the radio, how do i remove the radio?

Sorry for all the questions
TIA

el_duderino
12-25-2005, 06:22 PM
These is lots of info here on installing the Icelink, and the cables are down low on the drivers side rear quarter.

No DSP?

el_duderino
12-25-2005, 06:23 PM
I take that back... there is lots of info at http://www.x5world.com/stereo-systems/