PDA

View Full Version : Sirius in a 2006 X5?

flexstar
12-28-2005, 07:41 AM
I just boutht a new 2006 X5 without Nav and would like to have the dealer install Serius. Can it be done and how much work is involved? What about expected cost? I haven't approached my dealer yet on this issue. Any help or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Technic
12-28-2005, 07:44 AM
I just boutht a new 2006 X5 without Nav and would like to have the dealer install Serius. Can it be done and how much work is involved? What about expected cost? I haven't approached my dealer yet on this issue. Any help or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

http://www.x5world.com/

http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/sirius_install_instructions.pdf

timunger
01-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I have a 5 month old 2005 X5. I added sirius satellite radio last month. I love it. The cost was about $700 for parts and install. I understand that the DSP option (premium sound) does not effect sirius eligibility, but Navigation does preclude it. You can still add the aux input and or the ipod interface if you want.

The sound quality of the sirius receiver is great compared to many off the shelf sirius tuners. The system is super easy to use, just press the mode button until SAT is displayed and you have over hundreds of satellite channels to choose from. You can up/down channels from the steering wheel controls and all the other radio functions remain intact such as DSP and station memory settings.

My only complaint..... the information passed onto the multi-display is kind of weak, you have to press the <inf> button once to see the artist info and again to see the song title, then the display reverts back to station id within about five seconds.

The tuner is installed under the spare tire in a special accessory device area. The satellite antenna is placed on the roof near the back liftgate. No cables or wires are visible after install is complete. The install is super tidy. In fact the discrete roof antenna is the only visual cue that sirius has been installed.

If you decide to get the BMW sirius, you will not at all be disappointed with the install nor the quality of the sound. I highly recommend it. And....its the only way to get Howard 100. Get Sirius!

Tim