PDA

View Full Version : Harman Kardon Drive + Play for iPod

lq
12-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I just got one and wanted to see what people think about it. Is the Ice Link a better solution?

waiting to install on my 2001 330ci...

el_duderino
12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
If you have the Business CD, the info on the Drive and Play screen is much easier to read than the Icelink text on teh radio screen.

However, the screen doesn't match the BMW in look or in backlighting... and it's obviously not factory.

Did you get the BMW interface or are you going FM modulated?

lq
12-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Staying away from the FM modulated, tried the Monster FM and was not very happy with it. Still not sure if I want the play screen sitting on the dash of my convertible, even if it is an easier read than the Icelink.

wahpah
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
How much to do this installation?

Matt_M3
01-12-2006, 11:56 PM
I had the dealership call me and ask me if i wanted Ipod support for my 04 m3 and I obviously said Yes. Up until the call i didnt think that was possible.. hah so im glad they called letting me know.

Also the reason why the called is because my m3 has only the base Business CD package (no navigation and no 6 cd changer) Im guessing when i hook up the Ipod in the glovebox I will be able to control the play right from the BUSINESS CD interface and see whats playing just like I would be reading the radio info and stuff.

If anyone else has some more info for me, id love to hear it. My installation is next Thurdsay, i seriously cannot wait. Until now, I just used my Ipod for my jogging and gym routines, sometimes i use it to pass out on those sleepless nights. Im really looking forward to getting some Ipod action in my Bimmah.

tom @ eas
01-14-2006, 07:36 PM
I had the dealership call me and ask me if i wanted Ipod support for my 04 m3 and I obviously said Yes. Up until the call i didnt think that was possible.. hah so im glad they called letting me know.

Also the reason why the called is because my m3 has only the base Business CD package (no navigation and no 6 cd changer) Im guessing when i hook up the Ipod in the glovebox I will be able to control the play right from the BUSINESS CD interface and see whats playing just like I would be reading the radio info and stuff.

If anyone else has some more info for me, id love to hear it. My installation is next Thurdsay, i seriously cannot wait. Until now, I just used my Ipod for my jogging and gym routines, sometimes i use it to pass out on those sleepless nights. Im really looking forward to getting some Ipod action in my Bimmah.

The BMW kit will get the iPod connected, but you are limited to only 5 playlists and will have no idea what is playing until it is actually playing. Essentially, it's a CD Changer that had about 100 songs now upgraded to a "CD Changer" with about 5000-10,000 songs. Needless to say, you can get lost pretty fast.

The ice>Link will give you ID3 text as well as unlimited playlists and the ability to browse by Artists, Albums or Playlists.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6560/img1666medium0dz.jpg