PDA

View Full Version : Bentley manual?

fm_illuminatus
12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Where would I find the service manual for a 1998 740il? Thanks.

fm_illuminatus
12-29-2005, 03:55 PM
No one knows where I can find one?? I even googled it and couldn't find it. :eek:

Help please! *bump*

Lanc3r
12-29-2005, 04:06 PM
No one knows where I can find one?? I even googled it and couldn't find it. :eek:

Help please! *bump*

Bentley only has manuals for the 7 up to '94.

Sorry.

fm_illuminatus
12-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Are there any (non-bentley) service manuals at all for the 7?

Lanc3r
12-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Hmm. I did a mediocre search and found zilch. Nothing for the 8 or any M models except the E36. I have heard BMW keeps their factory manuals under heavy security, but I have seen a few copies for the older models on Ebay. You might try there. Is there anything in specific you want to do that you need the manual for?

Off Topic rant:
Its stuff like this that makes illegally downloading the manuals suck. Basically Bentley has to have a perfect example of a model in order to completely tear it apart and put it back together. Time consuming and costly especially when you get to the $50,000+ cars.

fm_illuminatus
12-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Hmm. I did a mediocre search and found zilch. Nothing for the 8 or any M models except the E36. I have heard BMW keeps their factory manuals under heavy security, but I have seen a few copies for the older models on Ebay. You might try there. Is there anything in specific you want to do that you need the manual for?

Off Topic rant:
Its stuff like this that makes illegally downloading the manuals suck. Basically Bentley has to have a perfect example of a model in order to completely tear it apart and put it back together. Time consuming and costly especially when you get to the $50,000+ cars.

I have a friend of mine who was going to do work on my 740il (replace the suspension bushings, replace a broken back window, replace engine collapsed engine mounts, replace air conditioning filters, and more...) but he'd like to have a manual before he does it. Actually, I bought this 740il off of ebay from a seller named James Russo (who happens to be a ukrainian who changed his name to sound italian) and his boss Lex Gubsky. He advertised the car as being in good condition, with a body kit, ecu upgrades etc, and when the car arrived it turned out to be a beater that was very poorly taken care of (despite the low miles) with a spray painted body kit and sterling bmw actually quoted me about 10K to bring the car into good, safe running order again. I have a friend that works at tustin lexus who has some experience working on bmw's who offered to fix the issues with the car for much less. He wanted to have a manual before he started taking things apart though.

As an aside if anyone on this forum ever sees or knows this guy James Russo or his boss Lex Gubsky, deck him for me. The little bastard lives in the philly area, and I would like to ring his neck... maybe my 10 grand will fall out. :mad: :mad: