PDA

View Full Version : Can't use ICE Link... must have standard BMW adaptor

jpclark
01-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi

After much investigation, I cannot use both Bluetooth and ICE Link Plus with my Business CD/Radio... they share the same Audio connector slot on the back :cry:

Does anyone have the installation steps for the bog standard BMW Ipod adaptor (steering wheel controllable etc...)... I'm wondering whether to avoid the labour costs and just buy the item.

Anything in PDF or a web link would be great... importantly how does it handle Bluetooth Phone connector on the rear of the radio???!?!?!!?

Thanks
Justin

el_duderino
01-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Are you referring to the socket in the back of the car or in the back of the radio?

In the US we can have both. I suspect that Tom G will reveal that it is a cabling issue that can be addressed.

Is your BT the BMW ULF module? Or aftermarket?

jpclark
01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi there

Yes it's the socket at the rear of the radio...

The car is a 330CI E46 2004 with the BMW own BT Phone System...

cheers from across the pond
Justin

bscarlett
01-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Justin,

Why not use Cd changer interface for the iceLink....that should work.

jpclark
01-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've not heard of a CD Changer for the ICe Link...! I've got the dock cable connector for Ice Link Plus... if you have a URL link it would be appreciated

cheers!
Justin

el_duderino
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Check with Tom G...

bscarlett
01-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Justin,

Most definatley send a PM to Tom G. at EAS.

What you are looking for can be found here

http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DU&Product_Code=I20_BMW&Category_Code=IA_BMW

It sounds like you have the radio end and you need the CD changer end. Tom should be able to help you with this. He set me up with mine!

tom @ eas
01-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi

After much investigation, I cannot use both Bluetooth and ICE Link Plus with my Business CD/Radio... they share the same Audio connector slot on the back :cry:

Does anyone have the installation steps for the bog standard BMW Ipod adaptor (steering wheel controllable etc...)... I'm wondering whether to avoid the labour costs and just buy the item.

Anything in PDF or a web link would be great... importantly how does it handle Bluetooth Phone connector on the rear of the radio???!?!?!!?

Thanks
Justin

I helped another overseas client with rewiring their current kit (only radio interface kits are available overseas) - it's a pretty simple process. The procedures can be found at this link (with pictures):

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=206474

If you should need additional assistance, feel free to contact me directly. :thumbup:

tom @ eas
01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Justin,

Why not use Cd changer interface for the iceLink....that should work.

Problem is - only the radio interface kits are available overseas. :dunno:

We can provide the trunk interface cable if needed - but you can make what you have work without any additional pieces needed.