PDA

View Full Version : Audio Installation Shop in NYC Area?

jweisler
01-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey all -- I am soon to purchase from Tom at EAS Dension set up for my iPod. Unlike everybody else on this forum, I have no skills whatsoever to do the install and do it well myself.

I'll pre-empt all of the "it's easy, sure you can" comments with the bottom line of I am in no way comfortable messing with it.

So my question is, can anybody recommend a reputable place to go either in the north NJ area, or Mahhattan or Queens?

Tom -- you'll be hearing from me in a week or do (we already traded emails in Nov/Dec).

Thanks in advance,

JW

Frack
01-16-2006, 04:55 AM
http://www.hmbmotoring.com/

they are good and about 6-8min from GWB,

Mark_325i
01-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Really, you do not need many skills to install the icelink. If you are installing it in an e46 and using only the dock adapter in the glovebox, it is a cinch. The plugs are right in the trunk (driver side), the wire runs under the back seat (pops off) and is tucked under the rocker panels (no removal necessary). The thin wire (dock adapter) fits under the back of the glovebox, and the rest of the wire and the icelink itself fit under the plastic panel right above the floor light under the glovebox. If you take your time it might take you half an hour, and you will probably be more careful than some guy who wants to get it done and out the door fast.