PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Attenna install

damills
01-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Has anyone installed the BMW Sirius attenna like in the attachment, does the long piece I am pointing at go on the outside of the car? I did not get any instructions, my first guess is the entire length goes on the trunk of the car :dunno:

Anyone done this, got any pics, any alternatives, I dont really want to put that long piece with a magnet on the bottom on the top of the trunk :thumbdwn:

Any suggestions

mitx
01-06-2006, 09:33 PM
when I called Sirius they said that it has to go on the outside of the car.

jvr826
01-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I have my antenna mounted on the rear deck, inside the car, right at the base of the rear window. I used a rolled up piece of blue painter's tape under it to secure it. Works fine. I also tested mounting it on the roof and trunk, same signal I get with it in the rear window.

I'd mess around with location before settling on one and see how your signal is. You may find an inside mount is just as good as an outside mount like I did.

damills
01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I have my antenna mounted on the rear deck, inside the car, right at the base of the rear window. I used a rolled up piece of blue painter's tape under it to secure it. Works fine. I also tested mounting it on the roof and trunk, same signal I get with it in the rear window.

I'd mess around with location before settling on one and see how your signal is. You may find an inside mount is just as good as an outside mount like I did.
Got any pics, I think I see what your saying buy picture would help alot. Dont go to any trouble.

Thanks

LmtdSlip
01-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I mounted mine on the inside and did not use the "rat tail" piece you are pointing at.

ObD
01-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Got any pics, I think I see what your saying buy picture would help alot. Dont go to any trouble.

Thanks

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18985