PDA

View Full Version : Lexus shows the 2007 "all new" LS460

GeneArch
01-08-2006, 11:47 AM
http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images?criteria=07LS460

Personally, ho hum.

The interior is nice, nice 8 speed tranny, finally more HP, but nothing that excites me

chuck92103
01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Geesh, what is with all the buttons. :dunno: And the TV remote looking gizmos on the console.

Do they think gramps is going to understand this better than iDrive? :dunno:

jek889
01-08-2006, 05:50 PM
I swear they stole the body design from the 7 series. Does Toyota ever make anything that isn't derived from something else? Everyone likes to criticize the iDrive concept, but is fumbling around with two remote control units while you drive a good idea?

Malibubimmer
01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
How do you say “copycat” in Japanese? The side and back views look suspiciously like the 7 and 5 series.

http://tyt.tnpv.net/Image/2006/01/TYT2006010661003_TN.jpg

http://tyt.tnpv.net/Image/2006/01/TYT2006010663367_TN.jpg

How do you say “spy” in Japanese? The front end looks suspiciously like the new Mercedes S550.

http://tyt.tnpv.net/Image/2006/01/TYT2006010813020_TN.jpg

Overall, the design doesn’t make it. If you look from the side view, the rear end is very heavy and the front end is too light.

2006_750Li_ED
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I guarantee that BMW woul sue Lexus for imitating its look.
the rear seats look really cool. So now thare are 3 serious contenders.
the 750
the S550
the LS470

AUDI is left behind.

Now that all the manufacturers have responded to BMW's 2002 7 series, in 2008 BMW will unveil its 2009 model as an early production. BMW will have to reset the rules again in 2 years.

I would love to test drive this LS460, when is it coming out? also Infinity is completely redesigning its Q45, there is no 2006 model and there will soon be a 2007 totally redesigned car.

Great, now BMW has some competition, perhaps now they will add that rear reverse camera and perhps put some new package as standard, perhaps the perforated seats or the electric shades.
I wish that this car was in the L.A auto convention, but not.

bimmer7
01-08-2006, 08:52 PM
This is the MAYBACH of Lexus IMO. . . those rear seats look very comfortable.. almost like a first-class aero-cabin....:thumbup:
I think this is one of the best designed interiors I have come across... I think the MAYBACh is probably at a higher luxury level then this design... but hey for lexus LS :dunno: ... this is phenomenal...

The exterior styling is I agree a bit reminiscent of the 5 & 7 especially from the back. . .but hey it looks ok to me.. I mean it also mirrors a bit from the front like the new GS and IS..

The 7 series is going to suffer a bit in sales when both the S550 and the LS460 set foot in the market.... because lets face it the LS is going to be one fast refined car that might not handle as well as a BMW.. but will certainly compete with its German rivals....

kd2789mo
01-08-2006, 09:01 PM
THIS would scare me...

gbelton
01-08-2006, 09:52 PM
THIS would scare me... This is Lexus response to the iDrive, MMI and Mercedes-Benz integrated interface. I believe the strategy is everyone has used a remote control; you can't loose... I guess? GMAN

kd2789mo
01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
This is Lexus response to the iDrive, MMI and Mercedes-Benz integrated interface. I believe the strategy is everyone has used a remote control; you can't loose... I guess? GMAN
I just don't want to be behind this guy, while he's plotting a new route, and gets an incoming call....lookout!
I see a cable attached to one...is not the vehicle bluetooth? Would not the remote control devices be wireless? I guess dropping one under the seat (where everything always falls) could spell disaster.

atlau
01-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Nice..... BMW ....er... Toyota... on the outside...
Looks very Japanese inside
How much do LS's cost?

gbelton
01-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Guess what. With all Mercedes do-dads and gadgets they will not have Bluetooth for this coming alotment in April. Pitty, MB couldn't pack everything in one go-round. It maybe the safe bet if they do not want their customers to scream there heads off! Oh, there is no orientation video either. I smell customer complaints! GMAN

wwb4
01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
THIS would scare me...

Looks like just another remote to lose. :rolleyes:

___lk___
01-08-2006, 11:54 PM
i like it... :thumbup:

BmW745On19's
01-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I swear all the lexus products look like they stole the designs from other car manufacturers. Most of the cars look like BMW 5's/:rolleyes:

chuck92103
01-09-2006, 08:45 PM
I am sorry, but this looks like some crap installed by Best Buy. Does not even look factory. :tsk:

Motown328
01-09-2006, 11:17 PM
How do you say “copycat” in Japanese?

How do you say “spy” in Japanese?

"Manekko" and "Supai," respectively.:p

Motown328
01-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Oh my. Just like malibubimmer said, this is nothing more than a cheap attempt at a 7-Series, especially that rear end! WOW!

Bangle must be laughing so hard Mount Rushmore is crumbling!

2006_750Li_ED
01-10-2006, 08:34 AM
I am sorry, but this looks like some crap installed by Best Buy. Does not even look factory. :tsk:
I think that some of you do not understand the picture you are looking at.
This is the remote control for the rear entertainment system and the power seat controls in the rear, this is not the front i-drive controls.
It appears that this car has optional power comfort seats with rear entertainment that has a full down LCD display from the roof.
This is an amazing design and very performance oriented car, it is a serious contender to the new S550 and 750, if the price does not go up much then it will steal away many customers as the design is appealing. currently the LS430 is $20,000 less in price than a similarly configured 750Li and $30,000 less than the new S550, so if they only raise their price by $5000 they could steal many BMW/Mercedes customers.

I, unlike many other people in this forum, would not put this car down until I actually saw it and drove it. They did steal the BMW 7 series rear, ans as much as I hate that idea, it is what it is, perhaps a better built 750Li built by Toyota that costs $20,000-$15,000 less, perhaps not. I don't know until I see the real thing and drive it.
Either way, it should ease the price margins dealers have been maintaining on the 750 models when inventory of the LS460 and S550 build up later this year.

chuck92103
01-10-2006, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=2006_750Li_ED]I think that some of you do not understand the picture you are looking at.
This is the remote control for the rear entertainment system and the power seat controls in the rear, this is not the front i-drive controls.[QUOTE]

Now I am more confused.

I need a remote control for the seat I am sitting in? :dunno:

SONET
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I think this is one of the best designed interiors I have come across... I think the MAYBACh is probably at a higher luxury level then this design...
Probably? :confused:

That's a stretch even if workmanship (no hand-sewn seats custom-dyed to customer specs?) and quality of materials (where's the suede headliner?) mean nothing to you. Even then there is absolutely no comparison, and I don't imagine Toyota intended there to be.

--SONET

bimmer7
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
:dunno: :drive: Probably? :confused:

That's a stretch even if workmanship (no hand-sewn seats custom-dyed to customer specs?) and quality of materials (where's the suede headliner?) mean nothing to you. Even then there is absolutely no comparison, and I don't imagine Toyota intended there to be.

--SONET

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images/View?id=TYT2006010635053

You are telling me this interior doesnt look nice... what 7 looks like this or comes close to this kind of interior design? hint hint NOT anyone of them!
yea the suede headliner is presently available and has been present in the LS430 since 2001!.. Why would they drop out that option??? :eeps:

I mean this is rear interior pic is a new concept and design... and Lexus has the best designed interiors to date which are user friendly and dont need some stupid KNOBS to control Navigation or CD Changes.... like seriously in the beginning last year it took a little patience to get used to I drive.....
but hey now its great as I got used to it but still a distraction while driving...
but dont you think touch screen would make the system so much more simpler....:dunno:

IMO BMW should have touch screen instead of I-Drive knob... just be more user friendly

But in any case the interior on this car is no copy of any other manufacturer.

bimmer7
01-10-2006, 11:36 PM

looks like you have worked there :rolleyes:

Anyways what part of this doesnt look factory to you?
I mean I dunno what it is that isnt right about this remote control... hey it something new... jus like our I-Drive knob...that you and I use everyday... and cycle thru menu after submenu....:tsk: ...
Anyways Lexus is trying something new here... lets see how the consumers are going to like it... I mean I have never seen anyone complain so MUCH especially on Lexus interior design or even exterior... as BMW!

I rest my case :angel:

Imperial
01-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Speaking strictly of the exterior design, yet another derivative exercise from Lexus/Toyota. The car's an amalgam of E65/66 and E60 design cues, but then again, that's hardly a surprise.

I've never been partial to Lexus interior design, either. I can't say why necessarily, but it's never appealed to me and I find this interior to be the same. And I'd like to just say that there IS such a thing as too much when it comes to interior electronics...

jkb
01-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I guarantee that BMW woul sue Lexus for imitating its look.
the rear seats look really cool. So now thare are 3 serious contenders.
the 750
the S550
the LS470

AUDI is left behind.

Are you high? I'll take S8 in a heartbeat when it comes to North America.

Now that all the manufacturers have responded to BMW's 2002 7 series, in 2008 BMW will unveil its 2009 model as an early production. BMW will have to reset the rules again in 2 years.

why would it be early production? are you making facts up as you go?

I would love to test drive this LS460, when is it coming out? also Infinity is completely redesigning its Q45, there is no 2006 model and there will soon be a 2007 totally redesigned car.

Great, now BMW has some competition, perhaps now they will add that rear reverse camera and perhps put some new package as standard, perhaps the perforated seats or the electric shades.
I wish that this car was in the L.A auto convention, but not.

yes genius, rear reverse camera is exactly what makes it or breaks it for people willing to dump almost 100K on a car.

jkb
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
http://pressroom.toyota.com/Images?criteria=07LS460

Personally, ho hum.

The interior is nice, nice 8 speed tranny, finally more HP, but nothing that excites me

LS is fine if you are over 40 and have a family. as a single guy under 30, i'll take my 7er in a heartbeat.

suntan
01-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I really don't understand this perennial Toyota/Lexus/Japanese bashing. I personally have no vested interest in the matter, but isn't it just a tad pathetic? Shouldn't we be better than that? I don't understand this at all: Why don't people feel an equal sense of outrage when they see, say, the new S550's interior? Isn't that a clear-cut BMW interior design rip-off?? What about the newly "Bangled" S550's butt?? Oh, and what about the new I-Drive (let's call it what it is) in the MB?? Why aren't people up in arms about that?? Note that in this instance at least Lexus can't be accused of "copy-catting" the oh-so-superior Germans. So, let me get this straight: it is perfectly OK for MB to be a...what was that again...."copy-cat" and "spy"? That's innovation, is it? But, oh, when Lexus does what everybody else does, that's somehow morally repugnant??

Lexus is *good* for us consumers. They are *not* the enemy. They offer us choice, and they keep these otherwise arrogant German carmakers on their toes. And, besides, I don't know about you, but I am a strong believer in meritocracy. The day Lexus makes a car that drives as well as a BMW *and* retains all its current quality standards; that's the day they get to earn my hard-won dollars. If BMW and/or MB can't compete, then they deserve to go the way of GM and Ford.

End rant. :)

cheers,
suntan

chuck92103
01-14-2006, 11:02 AM
I really don't understand this perennial Toyota/Lexus/Japanese bashing. I personally have no vested interest in the matter, but isn't it just a tad pathetic? Shouldn't we be better than that? I don't understand this at all: Why don't people feel an equal sense of outrage when they see, say, the new S550's interior? Isn't that a clear-cut BMW interior design rip-off?? What about the newly "Bangled" S550's butt?? Oh, and what about the new I-Drive (let's call it what it is) in the MB?? Why aren't people up in arms about that?? Note that in this instance at least Lexus can't be accused of "copy-catting" the oh-so-superior Germans. So, let me get this straight: it is perfectly OK for MB to be a...what was that again...."copy-cat" and "spy"? That's innovation, is it? But, oh, when Lexus does what everybody else does, that's somehow morally repugnant??

Lexus is *good* for us consumers. They are *not* the enemy. They offer us choice, and they keep these otherwise arrogant German carmakers on their toes. And, besides, I don't know about you, but I am a strong believer in meritocracy. The day Lexus makes a car that drives as well as a BMW *and* retains all its current quality standards; that's the day they get to earn my hard-won dollars. If BMW and/or MB can't compete, then they deserve to go the way of GM and Ford.

End rant. :)

cheers,
suntan

You make good point. I think what tends to fuel the flames is when people compare Lexus to BMW. Lexus is a great car for a particular market but does not compare to BMW. Each are great products. However, when people stop trying to compare them as if they are competing with one another, then a lot less ranting will occur.

suntan
01-14-2006, 11:14 AM
You make good point. I think what tends to fuel the flames is when people compare Lexus to BMW. Lexus is a great car for a particular market but does not compare to BMW. Each are great products. However, when people stop trying to compare them as if they are competing with one another, then a lot less ranting will occur.

Hey, Chuck92103, no, I agree with you. I test drove the old-LS430, MB S500, and also the E350 along with the 750I when I was planning purchases, and I couldn't see any comparison whatsoever - the 750I was the clear winner (for my preferences, I mean). It's just a bit big for my taste in the end. Honestly, I personally think BMW makes the best cars in all 3 classes. But, they aren't close to perfection though.... If they could only get Audi to work on their interiors, and the Japanese to help them out with the electronics, BMW would rule the world. :bigpimp:

chuck92103
01-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey, Chuck92103, no, I agree with you. I test drove the old-LS430, MB S500, and also the E350 along with the 750I when I was planning purchases, and I couldn't see any comparison whatsoever - the 750I was the clear winner (for my preferences, I mean). It's just a bit big for my taste in the end. Honestly, I personally think BMW makes the best cars in all 3 classes. But, they aren't close to perfection though.... If they could only get Audi to work on their interiors, and the Japanese to help them out with the electronics, BMW would rule the world. :bigpimp:

Then we would be complaining that the BMW's look like Camrys on the inside and BMW copied the Japanese. It is a no win situation.

When it comes to cars, we can't have it all and never will.

philippek
01-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Dry and bland. Like canned tuna fish without mayonnaise.

As long as I'm being driven in it (and not being forced, at gunpoint, to actually drive it) it should be just fine.

milobloom242
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Dry and bland. Like canned tuna fish without mayonnaise.

As long as I'm being driven in it (and not being forced, at gunpoint, to actually drive it) it should be just fine.

Hahahahaha got thirsty just reading that.

Yep, the folks I know who prefer Lexus really do have different priorities when it comes to their cars.

gs400
01-28-2006, 03:26 AM
as a car fan, and having been driving the GS, the E and the new 7, i am quite disappointed at the New LS460 ... i would expect it to be better than this...
it's quite ugly indeed !... no comparison to the facelifted 7 and the new S

Slim Calhoun
01-28-2006, 05:09 AM
Do they think gramps is going to understand this better than iDrive? :dunno:

:rofl:

HW
01-28-2006, 06:23 AM
the lines on this lexus are aesthetically more pleasing than the 7er.

XZLR8
01-30-2006, 12:43 AM
My mother can't wait to trade her current LS430 ('04) in on a new LS460. She's thrilled that it's being redesigned so she'll have the "brand new Lexus" and she doesn't even care to drive it first.

She's the perfect LS customer.

BEEZ
01-30-2006, 02:30 PM
I swear they stole the body design from the 7 series. Does Toyota ever make anything that isn't derived from something else? Everyone likes to criticize the iDrive concept, but is fumbling around with two remote control units while you drive a good idea?
Agreed. Im not impressed not one bit