PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth install in 2000 325i

elle_boogs
01-08-2006, 01:12 PM
the install technician says he can't install my parrot ck 3100 b/c the wiring isn't compatible.

i've been to a couple websites and i think i need a bmw wiring harness, but not sure which one. the website i bought my ck 3100 from has wiring harnesses but only for 323i and 328i, but not 325i.

can anyone shed some light on this issue and possibly tell me what it is i need exactly to have him install the bluetooth successfully.

thanks,

elle_boogs
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
i went back to the technician today and he basically told me that the wiring on the bluetooth will not fit into the wiring in the car (like a plug and snap). I showed him the wiring harness and he said that that is what it is supposed to look like, the only problem is the wires aren't connected to the bluetooth itself and he doesn't know how to cut and rewire the correct harness onto the bluetooth so that it'll plug and snap into the car's harness.

so...can anyone help me out and tell me what exactly i'm supposed to do to make this work in my bimmer? it wouldn't make any sense that parrot would claim the ck 3100 fits into any car...and now i'm finding out it doesn't.

do i need an adapter, that will connect the wires already on the bluetooth on one end and have the right plug and snap on the other end to fit into my car's wiring? or do i need some kind of retrofit kit, and if so anyone know where i can get one, and THE RIGHT ONE? lastly, maybe there's a way to cut the wiring on the bluetooth and attach the wiring harness that i've found that will plug and snap into my car? does that sound right?

any help is greatly appreciated and helpful. thanks,

LDV330i
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Did it not come with an installation guide and wiring diagram?:dunno:

You may want to contact the store that sold it to you and/or the distributor.

elle_boogs
01-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Did it not come with an installation guide and wiring diagram?:dunno:

You may want to contact the store that sold it to you and/or the distributor.

of course it came with an installation guide...that's what the technician was using to install...it's just that the wiring on the bt is incompatible with the car's wiring.

talked to a store in houston and they are trying out an adapter but aren't sure if it's working yet. they said in the meantime they are just cutting the wires and reattaching the new wiring harness. the place i took it to said they don't know which wires go where.

so NOW i'm looking for someone who knows how possibly to cut the wires that came with the bt and reconnect the wires from the new wiring harness that WILL fit with my car. ANY IDEAS anyone???

el_duderino
01-09-2006, 06:29 PM
It is not a plug and play unit for any car other than some older VWs and Audis.

It requires an installer that actually knows what he's doing, and a customer that will pay for that.

It CAN be wired into that car, but it requires re-wiring. We do it all day long.

Where are you - Houston? I can email you or your shop a diagram on how to do it. I usually use a dedicated speaker when amplifiers are involved... but they can do it with two relays, too...

elle_boogs
01-10-2006, 11:06 AM
It is not a plug and play unit for any car other than some older VWs and Audis.

It requires an installer that actually knows what he's doing, and a customer that will pay for that.

It CAN be wired into that car, but it requires re-wiring. We do it all day long.

Where are you - Houston? I can email you or your shop a diagram on how to do it. I usually use a dedicated speaker when amplifiers are involved... but they can do it with two relays, too...

well i wish i would have known that to begin with.

anyhow, thanks for the information. I actually am in the southern california area (los angeles/orange county). if you wouldn't mind emailing the diagram, that'd be awesome and i'd be really appreciative.

now, i'm on the search to find a dedicated technician who's willing to do it for me.

thanks again for all your help.

ambishop
01-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I would stick with the BMW system. I would also suggest getting one with ALL BMW parts

Martin
www.bimmernav.com