PDA

View Full Version : Problem with IceLink Plus...

rthornley
01-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I have an iceLink Plus adaptor plugged into the changer controls of my '01 325xit. It's worked fine for the last few weeks, then today when I was driving along with my IceLink playing I heard a really loud pop and the iPod stopped playing through the stereo.
I've tried unplugging the iPod, plugging it back in, resetting it, rechecking all the connections, and nothing seems to help - it displays the track info on the radio, then says 'Warning', then a loud pop and it stops playing. Anyone else seen this behavior?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards,
RT

tom @ eas
01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I have an iceLink Plus adaptor plugged into the changer controls of my '01 325xit. It's worked fine for the last few weeks, then today when I was driving along with my IceLink playing I heard a really loud pop and the iPod stopped playing through the stereo.
I've tried unplugging the iPod, plugging it back in, resetting it, rechecking all the connections, and nothing seems to help - it displays the track info on the radio, then says 'Warning', then a loud pop and it stops playing. Anyone else seen this behavior?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards,
RT

Sounds like either the iPopd or one of the connection cables is not seated firmly - recheck all of your connections.

rthornley
01-10-2006, 09:10 AM
That seems to have done the trick. I tried all that before and it didn't seem to help, but oh well. I'm just glad it's in good shape now.

I'd like to be the thousandth person to give Tom major kudos. He and I traded emails before the holidays and he was really helpful. I was about to order from him the week before xmas when my wife forbade me from doing so. It seems that Santa had already gotten me an IceLink from BestBuy. I prefer to buy from smaller companies with great service (e.g. Tom) rather than big boxes, but I didn't have a say in the matter.
:dunno:

Anyway, thanks again to Tom - I've really appreciated his help.

tom @ eas
01-10-2006, 09:13 AM
That seems to have done the trick. I tried all that before and it didn't seem to help, but oh well. I'm just glad it's in good shape now.

I'd like to be the thousandth person to give Tom major kudos. He and I traded emails before the holidays and he was really helpful. I was about to order from him the week before xmas when my wife forbade me from doing so. It seems that Santa had already gotten me an IceLink from BestBuy. I prefer to buy from smaller companies with great service (e.g. Tom) rather than big boxes, but I didn't have a say in the matter.
:dunno:

Anyway, thanks again to Tom - I've really appreciated his help.

Doesn't matter where it was purchased - I'm always glad to assist. :thumbup: