PDA

View Full Version : 2002 745 Li questions

gearh0
01-09-2006, 07:30 PM
simple questions ( i think)

- how do i get the remote control opener programed to my garage door opener (i have 2 actually i need to program)

- when i set the M1 and/or M2 seat positionm, is it supposed to automaticly go to that memory seat postion when my key is inserted? or is there an extra step to "program" the key

-does anyone know if anyone is doing an aftermarket cooler/fridge for 745's similar to what the 760's have?

thanks

BmW745On19's
01-09-2006, 08:39 PM
1. It should be in your manual, i'll look tomarrow and scan it for you. Don't count on my word but I think its hold the button you want to program down for 5 seconds, press the button on the transmitter and press the programable button again?

2. No, you can pay the dealer a $60 "diagnosis" fee to hook up the special computer to the car and program it to do what you want. There is a whole list of things you can have done while its hooked up so have a list ready. Ex. auto locks while car goes into gear, with speed, ect.

3. There is another post on this but I know of no other aftermarket fridges for the rear seat like the 760 and it would probably very expensive to duplicate.

gearh0
01-09-2006, 11:31 PM
thanks.

kd2789mo
01-10-2006, 01:27 AM
simple questions ( i think)
- how do i get the remote control opener programed to my garage door opener (i have 2 actually i need to program)

http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf?do=2

- when i set the M1 and/or M2 seat positionm, is it supposed to automaticly go to that memory seat postion when my key is inserted? or is there an extra step to "program" the key
You should find an option in the "car data" area of iDrive related to key memory. With it turned on, your seats and mirrors should remember their settings respective to their key fob number.
As BmW745On19's said, there are several other settings available that BMW can set using their key-reader, it is $60.00. There are about 25 additional settings available.

usurpedus
01-17-2006, 09:22 PM
anyone have a list of what these settings are?