PDA

View Full Version : 7series automatically flips wiper blades?

jacksprat
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
taken from http://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtests/reviews/2002roadtests/bmw745i.htm

"On the 2002 745i, it features an electronically controlled reversing motor which not only allows the wiper to come right to the driver's side A-pillar for more glass coverage, but also will flip over the wiper blades every three days if the system is idle. Why? To produce even wear on the blades, so when the wipers sit idle most of the summer, you wonąt have to waste money on new blades for winter because they're cracked and dried out on only one side. I love stuff like this...shouldn't you?"

I didnt know of this feature? is it for reals? someone want to stare at their wipers for 3 days?:D

jek889
01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Never seen it happen on my '03 E65. Don't know how it could.

bimmer7
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Never seen it happen on my '03 E65. Don't know how it could.

:dunno: Havent come across it on my '02 E66

BmW745On19's
01-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I think an editor has been drinking too much of the :beerchug: while driving the 7. I've never experience such thing on our car yet I might be wrong.

bmw325
01-11-2006, 03:48 PM
I remember reading that from several sources (including some BMW materials) a while back. Doesn't sound that hard to implemet; so I see no reason why I wouldn't be true. It was called out when the car released to demonstrate "Look at how much thought we put into this car".

singhss
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I have heard of this phenomenon, infact the Phaeton does it as well.

jkb
01-13-2006, 04:02 PM
taken from http://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtests/reviews/2002roadtests/bmw745i.htm

"On the 2002 745i, it features an electronically controlled reversing motor which not only allows the wiper to come right to the driver's side A-pillar for more glass coverage, but also will flip over the wiper blades every three days if the system is idle. Why? To produce even wear on the blades, so when the wipers sit idle most of the summer, you wonąt have to waste money on new blades for winter because they're cracked and dried out on only one side. I love stuff like this...shouldn't you?"

I didnt know of this feature? is it for reals? someone want to stare at their wipers for 3 days?:D

yes its true. your wipers move by a few millimeters every other time you start the car.