PDA

View Full Version : I hate eletrical systems rant.

Dok Faust
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Ok seriously, bought a bmw, had a ****ty headunit, bought a new one, blew it up, put new speakers in the car, I cant remember if their the same impedence as the old ones, which I tossed, so now my amp blows its fuse when its hooked up. Lets see what else, oh, so I took off the new speakers, to find out what the problem was, put a load up to the amp, didnt blow the fuse, hurrah, you'd think, too bad now my headunit doesnt get power, and to top it off, THE ****ING CAR WONT START!

BMWjunkie
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
the build, performance and ride of a bmw is, in many ways, unmatched. but let's face it,,,,,,,,,their electrical systems suck!!!!!
i'm on your side,,,my car is at the shop as we speak trying to get a battery draining short figured out. i'll be putting a new system in mine too but i'm shaking thinking what happened to yours will strike mine too!!!!

Dok Faust
01-14-2006, 10:46 PM
the build, performance and ride of a bmw is, in many ways, unmatched. but let's face it,,,,,,,,,their electrical systems suck!!!!!
i'm on your side,,,my car is at the shop as we speak trying to get a battery draining short figured out. i'll be putting a new system in mine too but i'm shaking thinking what happened to yours will strike mine too!!!!

Yeah I'd be scared too, oh and I tried starting it again this morning, this time the starter got power, too bad it just clicks. Looks like I managed to lock the engine, this is the second one in a couple months. Maybe I just expect my cars to be able to be driven hard and not fall apart, looks like I'll need a ****ing porsche to take the abuse I put my cars through on a daily.

Either way, looks like I'm out of the BMW game for a while. I sorta plan to get a 95 M3 when I get the money for it, then I kinda want to put that 22,000 dollar turbo kit on it, for that sexy 1000hp mark. heh, im powerhungry.

Clarke
01-15-2006, 05:21 AM
The starter just clicking is most likely from a low battery not a siezed engine. I'm not sure what issues(if any) you have with your electrical system other than bad install work.:dunno:

Dok Faust
01-15-2006, 01:44 PM
The starter just clicking is most likely from a low battery not a siezed engine. I'm not sure what issues(if any) you have with your electrical system other than bad install work.:dunno:

Yeah, I sorta turned the engine by hand, so its not seized, I didn't think it was just the battery, since it was clicking VERY fast. Sigh, guess ill push it out of my garage...Oh do I hate doing that.