PDA

View Full Version : VPC and Performance Delivery question?

F1
01-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know how long does it take to prepare the car at VPC if I'm doing Performance Delivery. I guess they do VPC at the Greenville SC plant.

My car is ready waiting for a vessel in Germany. I guess it is going to be at least 3 weeks to get to SC. But I don't have any idea how long it is going to take on VPC since I'll pick it up there.

Does anyones know how flexible they are scheduling the PD. I have to do it on a Friday or Monday because I can not take more than one day off.
:dunno:

Pinecone
01-15-2006, 01:06 AM
You have to schedule PCD at LEAST 8 weeks ahead of time. If your car is waiting for a ship and you don't have a date scheduled, it might not be possible. This should be done at time of placing the order.

It takes 10 - 15 days to cross the ocean once it gets on a ship. VPC can take a few days to a couple of weeks, depending.

If you had arranged PCD earlier, your car would have been fast tracked to make the locked in delivery date.

F1
01-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I'll call the dealer tomorrow. I bought the car about 6 weeks ago. I told them that I want PCD so I guess I won't have any problem.

AComp
01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
You have to schedule PCD at LEAST 8 weeks ahead of time. If your car is waiting for a ship and you don't have a date scheduled, it might not be possible. This should be done at time of placing the order.

It takes 10 - 15 days to cross the ocean once it gets on a ship. VPC can take a few days to a couple of weeks, depending.

If you had arranged PCD earlier, your car would have been fast tracked to make the locked in delivery date.

Pinecone,
Are you saying that you can select a specific delivery date at the time you order the car? That would be great if I could arrange my schedule that far in advance.

I haven't ordered my E90 yet (2 months - I can't wait!! :thumbup: ), but I definitely want to do PCD!

Pinecone
01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
YES. When you order the car, they should contact the Performance center to arrange a date. At least 8 weeks from the time of contact. You can request a date or day of the wekk and they will come back with options. You choose one, or counter. Once a date is set, the order gets coded that it is a PCD and gets fast tracked.

My car got built two weeks early, skipped passed people already waiting at the dock and got on a boat before they did to get the car to the VPC two weeks prior to my delivery date.

All this will be in WRITING. If you have nothing, espeically not a date, it is likely the dealer did not arrange a PCD.

gotrojan
01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
what is PCD and VPC?:confused:

F1
01-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I talked to the salesman today. They hadn't done anything yet. Today he faxed all the paperwork. Now I have to wait for the PC answer on their request.
By the way, this is the very first PC delivery for that particular salesman. He also told me that the dealer haven***8217;t done much PCD although we***8217;re about 4 hours driving from Greenville, SC. They have been really nice and professional with me, but today they started looking on their computers to find out what they have to do to set up the PCD date. Actually, I think I know better about all this process than them.
PCD: Performance Center Delivery. You take delivery of your car at the factory on Greenville, SC. You visit the factory and they teach you how to drive your new car.
VPC: Vehicle Preparation Center. Where they clean and prepare your car. They also fix your car if something happen during transportation. For example if a door got dented they repaint it.

F1
01-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the wear stuff, I mean the ***8217. I do not knew why this happen.

gotrojan
01-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks F1,
Where else can I get to learn more about PCD and VPC?
Thanks

F1
01-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Got to:

http://www.e90post.com/vpc/index.asp.htm

You will see a lot of PIC from one of the VPC.

Pinecone
01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Or how about a SEARCH. MANY threads on PCD and the VPC>

And actualy PCD is at the Performance Center, not the factory, but you do visit the Zentrum museum at the factory and may get a factory tuor, depending on what is going on there (sometimes closed to tours due to changeover or new models).