PDA

View Full Version : BMW Extended Warranty / Extended Maintanence

gordonfan
01-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Hello...First Post.

I own Automatic 03 325i sedan at about ~47k miles.

I have the following questions:

1. Should I get the extended warranty?

2. Should I get the extended maintanance only?

3. What is a "good" price for each?

Thank you in advance for your help.

jim

Pinecone
01-16-2006, 12:06 AM
SEARCH. This has been discussed about 400 times.

Welcome. Best to search before posting as many topics have been done. And the search function here works quite well.

grdpder
01-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Hello...First Post.

I own Automatic 03 325i sedan at about ~47k miles.

I have the following questions:

1. Should I get the extended warranty?

2. Should I get the extended maintanance only?

3. What is a "good" price for each?

Thank you in advance for your help.

jim

It all depends up to you. If you decide to keep your car for a long time, then the extended warranty might be good for you. Personally, I purchased the maintenance warratny and so far, I got my money's worth...Again, ultimately, it is your decision. I paid $1200.00 for my maintenance wrnty. Different dealers will give you varying quotes. As far as the extended wrnty, I heard quotes up to $3400.00. Keep in mind, getting things repair at the dealer is expensive. As for me, I shold have got it, since, after the fact, I think I am going to keep my car for the long run. I love my 530i it...Good luck with your decision.

milobloom242
01-16-2006, 10:28 AM
If you plan to keep the car for a long time, strongly consider both. The extended maintenance plan will definitely pay for itself after one inspection and set of brakes. The extended warranty may or may not pay for itself, but at least you'll know you have some protection.

ktc
01-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Also I believe there are some 3rd party warranty extensions.

Pinecone
01-18-2006, 01:03 AM
And one such cmpany recently went belly up. Also many people have had trouble with third party warranties and getting money out of them. IMO, stick with manufacturer's extended warranties.

Bart001
01-18-2006, 08:22 AM
If I were inclined to purchase an extended warranty, I would ONLY purchase one from BMW NA.

washert
01-12-2007, 04:08 PM
My local BMW dealer offers UUG plans.

I purchased one, it was good value for the money.

The dealer has been working with these guys for over 20 years, no problems.

PM me and I will send you the contact information for the F&I manager, she can give you a quote, then you ask her for a discount.

Good Luck!