PDA

View Full Version : Attention Motorola V3 RAZR and BWM Owners - Please Read!

Matt_UKTX
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm sure there are many folks out there that own a Motorola V3 RAZR to go with their shiny new BMW :o)

It seems that a number of people have been running into issues with this phone, and I was wondering if anyone has a V3 that works flawlessly with their BMW's bluetooth. If so, can you PLEASE post the firmware version so that those of us who are less lucky can upgrade/downgrade our firmware to make it compatible.

I personally, have an issue with call waiting. If I'm on a call in the car, and I receive a second call and allow it to go to voicemail, the first call is automatically disconnected. Even if I do abosultely nothing. The same is true if I switch over to the second caller (first caller is cut off).

I've heard of other issues where the phonebook does not download, and others where the device will not pair, or pairs and then drops the connection. If you are experiencing other issues, please also post the issue and the firmware version you have - there may be some issues that are more acceptable to some people than others

I have firmware version: R374_G_0E.42.09R
I also have a 2006 330i (E90)

You can find your firmware version by going to the Menu in your phone and seleting "Settlings", then "Phone Status", then "Other Information" then "S/W Version".

Thanks for your help :)

mwette
01-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Who is your wireless phone service provider?

Matt_UKTX
01-17-2006, 06:59 AM
My provider is T-mobile.

Funbunz
08-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I just flashed firmware R374_G_0E.42.15R for the Motorola RAZR V3 today. It solves the call waiting/dropped call issues with my Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit. Hopefully this solution crosses over to the BMW bluetooth system. Try it and let me know it works for you.

furgetboutit
09-03-2006, 04:37 AM
I just flashed firmware R374_G_0E.42.15R for the Motorola RAZR V3 today. It solves the call waiting/dropped call issues with my Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit. Hopefully this solution crosses over to the BMW bluetooth system. Try it and let me know it works for you.

How did you download the new version of the firmware? I have a Cingular RAZR qand am getting the same problem with dropping calls when a call comes in.

Sylvester
09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
I've just purchased an '06 x3 with bluetooth capability. I have a v3c razr and can make and receive calls, see my phonebook, etc.

I've just downloaded VZ navigation from Verizon onto my phone. When I'm outside of my car, (or in another vehicle I'm not synced to) I can see the map display and hear the voice prompts over the phone's speaker.

Once I get into my X3, the sound goes dead on the phone (as it should) BUT it does not come over the car's audio system (as it should).

Verizon demonstrated to me that the navigation and phonecalls both pair seamlessly with a bluetooth earpiece. So...why won't the BMW bluetooth do the same.

I've contacted the dealer who sent an email to their technical people. The response is that their system is only set up to work with the hands free protocal. This doesn't make much sence, if a bluetooth headset can pick up both.

Any ideas?

b-y
09-07-2006, 10:37 PM
The response is that their system is only set up to work with the hands free protocal. This doesn't make much sence, if a bluetooth headset can pick up both.The answer you received is correct. :mad: There is more than one BT protocol and VZ cripples the BT on their phones. Only those phones on the BMW compatibility list support all operations. Others may support some BT functions, but it is trial-and-error with you taking the risk. (For example, I have a non-supported Nokia phone with Cingular that does not transfer the phonebook. But I knew that going in.) There are previous threads that discuss the various implementations of BT if you want the details.

tom @ eas
09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Using a RAZR with SW version R374_G_0E.42.09R with the 9th Generation ULF system we sell - no problems to report in a both a MY97 540 and MY02 M3.

A good site for flex updating (and other modifications) would be http://www.planetmotox.net.

gbelton
09-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks

Sylvester
09-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, BMWUSA lists my phone, the RAZR V3c as one of its compatible phones with no known issues...

http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth/phones

...so now I'm really confused.

b-y
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Note the following:

This list is provided for reference only. The mobile phones listed here have passed compatibility tests as of the date of testing and meet or exceed minimum standards established by BMW. The list is not a warranty for phone performance or functionality. BMW makes no guarantees or warrantees as to the performance of each phone while connected to your BMW via Bluetooth® Wireless Technology. Furthermore, software releases by BMW, the phone supplier or the wireless carrier dated after testing might alter compatibly results. While many phones are offered with Bluetooth® Wireless Technology, not all phones support the necessary profiles to work with your BMW. BMW does not guarantee availability or functionality with all wireless carriers. Functions such as synchronizing the address book and transferring a call into or out of the vehicle may function differently from phone to phone.