PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs comparison

jacksprat
01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Anyone have Intrax springs on their 745? I used Eibach prokit springs on my 540 and was definately pleased with the ride quality.

Eibach lowers 1.2" F/R
Intrax lowers 1.4" F/R
H&R lowers 1.3"F and 1"R

I am thinking of getting Eibach but would like the extra almost 1/4" of lowering that Intrax offers. Anyone with Intrax springs care to post a review?

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Anyone have Intrax springs on their 745? I used Eibach prokit springs on my 540 and was definately pleased with the ride quality.

Eibach lowers 1.2" F/R
Intrax lowers 1.4" F/R
H&R lowers 1.3"F and 1"R

I am thinking of getting Eibach but would like the extra almost 1/4" of lowering that Intrax offers. Anyone with Intrax springs care to post a review?

RACING DYNAMICS also has a Sport Spring set that lowers 2.15" FYI

jacksprat
02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
wow 2.15" is alot!! any pics of a car with the RD springs on 22's?

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-14-2006, 10:20 AM
wow 2.15" is alot!! any pics of a car with the RD springs on 22's?

yeah, the e65/66 is a such a large car when combined with 22" wheels I think it NEEDS an aggressive lowering!

I believe this RDSPORT demo car has them (its a e66), the car also features the RDSPORT aero package and 22" wheels.

http://www.d2autosport.com/aerodynamic/RDSPORT/e65%207series/e65model.jpg

http://www.d2autosport.com/aerodynamic/RDSPORT/e65%207series/e65model2.jpg

jacksprat
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
I would have to roll my rear fenders for sure. rigth now on the stock suspension the lip inside the fender is already taking rips out of the tire when I have two people in the back and hit dips in the road

jacksprat
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
how much you guys sell this RD springs for?

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I would have to roll my rear fenders for sure. rigth now on the stock suspension the lip inside the fender is already taking rips out of the tire when I have two people in the back and hit dips in the road

Yeah man thats the only thing I hate about the lengths ASANTI goes to for a extra inch of lip! (wrong offset, cutting back of spokes, etc) Most people that order those wheels dont even lower their cars so its not a problem, but those that do, the wheel is actually the wrong spec, thus the rubbing. I won't lie there is no other car that can really touch the 7series on lips, and a 5" lip with no curve in the space is plenty, but that is just my humble opinion!

You will certainly need to roll, plus run some negative camber and try to get it to work.

jacksprat
02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
im gonna stick with the 1.2" eibach springs. too bad they are on back order till april. Can you locate a set?

kato23
02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
wow i have no clue what you guys are talking about haha...but i just know i bought the asantis should be here tomorrow or thursday and i have no plans at all to lower

jacksprat
02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
if you got the 6" lip then then the lip inside the quarterpanel is gonna each chunks out of your sidewall everytime you hit a dip on the freeway or when you have passengers in the rear. I just sliced out about 1/2 inch of the fender lip over the weekend and then relined it with a rubber liner, looks very clean and stock and provided the neccessary clearance so the tires wouldnt get eaten up. Not a trivial task though.

kato23
02-21-2006, 11:17 PM
if you got the 6" lip then then the lip inside the quarterpanel is gonna each chunks out of your sidewall everytime you hit a dip on the freeway or when you have passengers in the rear. I just sliced out about 1/2 inch of the fender lip over the weekend and then relined it with a rubber liner, looks very clean and stock and provided the neccessary clearance so the tires wouldnt get eaten up. Not a trivial task though.

mine are 5in in the back and 3.5 in the front

http://images.superbuytires.com/images/wheels/AsantiAF+132.JPG

http://superbuytires.com/images/gallery/d1bf758ba1897b2ce1a279c51cc8f52d.jpg

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-22-2006, 10:28 PM
i have no plans at all to lower

look into the liiiighhttttt, you are getting sleeeeppyyyyy, if you put 22's on a e65/66 you MUST loweerrrr ittttttt!!! lol

kato23
02-22-2006, 11:08 PM
look into the liiiighhttttt, you are getting sleeeeppyyyyy, if you put 22's on a e65/66 you MUST loweerrrr ittttttt!!! lol

lol i just cant see myself lowering my car..it makes me feel like im ruining it...what about when i take the rims off...custom rims are never permanent..but lowering a car is

jacksprat
02-23-2006, 09:39 AM
if you put it in...you can take it out...nothing is permanent. the 745i in that pic you posted looks lowered though. The wheel well gap I have in the rear on stock suspension is way more than that. Either that car in the pic is a 745i sport (sport models sit lower) or it is lowered on H&R springs....a subtle 1" in the rear and 1.3" in the front

D2-AUTOSPORT
02-23-2006, 09:54 AM
...custom rims are never permanent..but lowering a car is

You must not be familiar with suspension tuning at all, but lemme give you a quickie crash course.

First off general suspension mods (springs / struts / strut tower braces) are NOT permanent at all! You can remove that stuff just as easy as you put it on, with a couple hours at your shop. Also I think you are only familiar with the 1980's cheapo ways of lowering cars such as cutting springs / heating springs, etc etc. Its a new day man, suspension tuners manufacture sompnents specifically designed for your car that do not negatively impact other components of the car.

There are springs alone (like Eibach), spring / strut combos (eibach / h&r), and best of the lot would be coilovers (like KW)

kato23
02-23-2006, 10:19 AM
maybe ill look into it but im not making any promises..lol..but i will do some homework to check it out..

jacksprat
02-23-2006, 10:27 AM
man trust me once those 22's go on the car and you see how lifted it makes the car look (the 22" package is taller than the 19" wheel package afterall) you will want to lower the car bit...

kato23
02-23-2006, 12:33 PM
man trust me once those 22's go on the car and you see how lifted it makes the car look (the 22" package is taller than the 19" wheel package afterall) you will want to lower the car bit...

i would rather the car be lifted than have the tire problems that have been discussed on here

jacksprat
02-23-2006, 01:40 PM
you shouldnt have those problems since you went with the 5 inch lip. The rim should be correctly offset. You will only rub if you decide to slam the car more than 2"

kato23
02-24-2006, 12:02 AM
you shouldnt have those problems since you went with the 5 inch lip. The rim should be correctly offset. You will only rub if you decide to slam the car more than 2"

oh i see well i guess its something to think about