PDA

View Full Version : BMW Driving Films

Mini Art
01-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Today I decided to backup my hard drive and came across some interesting mpegs. I started watching them and its incredible now as it was when it was first released. Who remembers these short films by BMW directed by some very well-known Hollywood directors? I totally forgot I had downloaded these short films from the BMW website a few years ago. I think it was a great marketing tool for BMW to show-off their new models.
After watching the Hostage, I know I wanted the Z3, not what I currently own though. :) Anyways, there were 8 films in all…Ambush, Chosen, Powderkeg, Star, Hostage, Ticker, Devil and Follow. My favorite one is Star with Madonna. Which one was your favorite?
I know BMW stopped releasing them so I'm glad I saved them. Definitely worth watching over and over again.:thumbup:

digitaldragon03
01-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Star is definatley the best one. The first right turn he takes after unleashing all hell is just plain cool.

Mister Chow
01-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I downloaded all of them and my friends and I spent hours freeze framing them and figuring out what the "backstory" was with the supplimental videos.

An odd thing though, the DVDs are slightly different than the web movies. Director's cuts perhaps.

I'd pick Star for action and Follow for cruising, Z3 with the top down at dusk, beautiful!

Motown328
01-18-2006, 06:04 AM
"Beat the Devil" is defo the coolest. Gary Oldman and James Brown together in the same film?! Can't get any cooler than that.:thumbup::bigpimp:

Fast Bob
01-18-2006, 09:03 AM
There`s some great driving in these vids....now that Clive Owen has been "discovered" by Hollywood, I wonder if he`ll continue the "Driver" role.... (Ang Lee`s not doing too bad these days, either)

regards,
Bob

hawk2100n
01-18-2006, 02:40 PM
There`s some great driving in these vids....now that Clive Owen has been "discovered" by Hollywood, I wonder if he`ll continue the "Driver" role.... (Ang Lee`s not doing too bad these days, either)

regards,
Bob
Clive Owen was great in those movies, but the Driver right now is the guy form Italian Job and Transporters. Also, my idea of a director doing well is not making a movie about Gay Cowboys. :dunno:

jillyjellyroll
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Also, my idea of a director doing well is not making a movie about Gay Cowboys. :dunno:

?? funny, Ang Lee's gay cowboys movie seems to be doing rather well for itself...plus he also did crouching tiger, hidden dragon and the hulk. i think he's doing rather well.