PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Comfort-Access...

760Lifan
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I couldn't find that in the manual, so let's see what you guys know:

When I pull the driver's door handle or any other one, only the specific door unlocks. Is there a possibility to unlock ALL doors by pulling the driver's door-handle (central unlocking feature)? It's bad that everybody has to wait until I have unlocked and opened my door, sat down and pressed the interior unlocking button...:tsk: ).

Thanks in advance...:thumbup:

Jeremy
01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Not possible

chuck92103
01-19-2006, 06:53 PM
You know, you could use the remote key fob when you have passengers. :dunno:

760Lifan
01-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Hmm, that's what I thought..:bawling:
On the other hand - maybe it's also a kind of safety-feature that only one door opens...and as you pointed out - I can use the remote if I have passengers...:thumbup:

Thanks for the info!

kd2789mo
01-19-2006, 07:31 PM
I believe there is a key fob option (programmable at BMW service) for Central Locking, "Unlock all when remote control removed."
Its default setting is inactive.

760Lifan
01-19-2006, 11:27 PM
I believe there is a key fob option (programmable at BMW service) for Central Locking, "Unlock all when remote control removed."
Its default setting is inactive.
That would be great - I'll ask my dealer at my next visit...

jkb
01-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I couldn't find that in the manual, so let's see what you guys know:

When I pull the driver's door handle or any other one, only the specific door unlocks. Is there a possibility to unlock ALL doors by pulling the driver's door-handle (central unlocking feature)? It's bad that everybody has to wait until I have unlocked and opened my door, sat down and pressed the interior unlocking button...:tsk: ).

Thanks in advance...:thumbup:

my car does exactly what you want. when i pull on the door handle, all four doors unlock. this is dealer programmable.

jkb
01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Not possible

you couldn't be more wrong.

760Lifan
01-20-2006, 03:38 PM
my car does exactly what you want. when i pull on the door handle, all four doors unlock. this is dealer programmable.
Thank You, yan! :thumbup:

2006bmw750li
01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
My car started off with only one door unlocked, brought to dealer, they reprogrammed and it's now any-one-pull-unlocks-all.

760Lifan
01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
My car started off with only one door unlocked, brought to dealer, they reprogrammed and it's now any-one-pull-unlocks-all.

Thanks! Seems like you weren't happy with the standard set-up (unlocking of only one door) as well....:D

2006bmw750li
01-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks! Seems like you weren't happy with the standard set-up (unlocking of only one door) as well....:D

Standard set-up is extremely annoying in my opinion.

Docpete
01-22-2006, 07:37 AM
I learned about this issue from previous posts. My dealer still forgot to do it. My problem is that I'm enjoying the car to much to give it up for a day. Am I correct that you can also program the door locks to activate above a certain speed?

760Lifan
01-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Funny, that's actually programmed into our 760Li already....

kd2789mo
01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I learned about this issue from previous posts. My dealer still forgot to do it. My problem is that I'm enjoying the car to much to give it up for a day. Am I correct that you can also program the door locks to activate above a certain speed?
Correct, it's called "drive-away locking." I believe the speed is not selective, mine lock at 6mph.

760Lifan
01-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Correct, it's called "drive-away locking." I believe the speed is not selective, mine lock at 6mph.
Yep, that's at the same speed ours looks...

Jeremy
01-22-2006, 09:22 PM
you couldn't be more wrong.

And I am quite glad about that. Now if only BMW would let these dealer programmable item be driver programmable.

760Lifan
01-23-2006, 07:57 AM
And I am quite glad about that. Now if only BMW would let these dealer programmable item be driver programmable.
The real problem is: I finally found something about this feature in the manual - but they don't mention it can be programmed - they just state: This is possible / impossible...

jkb
01-23-2006, 10:26 AM
you guys also know there is a feature which unlocks all the doors when you turn off the car, right? i have it enabled. dont have to pull on the door handle twice when i stop and ready to get out.

XZLR8
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
you guys also know there is a feature which unlocks all the doors when you turn off the car, right? i have it enabled. dont have to pull on the door handle twice when i stop and ready to get out.
I'm late catching this, but I did not know this. Another dealer programmed option, I'm assuming? Hmm, that might be nice...

jkb
01-30-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm late catching this, but I did not know this. Another dealer programmed option, I'm assuming? Hmm, that might be nice...

hi here :)

yes, it is a dealer programmed option. it can only be enabled if you have "drive away" locks set to ON (the feature which locks all the doors when you hit 5mph)

jkb
01-30-2006, 04:18 PM

as far as i remember, you got your 745 without comfort access (i remember you saying on roadfly that since it was first year it was out you didn't want to take a risk with new technology).

so in your case (and such was a case with my '03 745), when you pull into the garage, with your foot on the break, hold the start/stop button and it will:

* put the car in park
* turn it off
* pop the remote control fob out for you to take
* unlock the car

kd2789mo
01-30-2006, 06:20 PM
as far as i remember, you got your 745 without comfort access (i remember you saying on roadfly that since it was first year it was out you didn't want to take a risk with new technology).

so in your case (and such was a case with my '03 745), when you pull into the garage, with your foot on the break, hold the start/stop button and it will:

* put the car in park
* turn it off
* pop the remote control fob out for you to take
* unlock the car
The car does not need to have the Comfort Access package for this feature. The first 3 are standard.
The fourth is a programmable unlock feature available on all 7's. (see the 5th post of this thread)
It's called "Central Locking >unlock when remote is removed."
It is set inactive by default. If your car is unlocking when the remote is removed, it has been set to active in your keyfob by BMW, with, or without your knowledge.

jkb
01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
The car does not need to have the Comfort Access package for this feature.

yes i know. my '03 745 had it. i am sorry if i wasn't clear, but thanks for pointing this out.

The first 3 are standard.
The fourth is a programmable unlock feature available on all 7's. (see the 5th post of this thread)
It's called "Central Locking >unlock when remote is removed."
It is set inactive by default. If your car is unlocking when the remote is removed, it has been set to active in your keyfob by BMW, with, or without your knowledge.