PDA

View Full Version : philosophy

wagonman
01-22-2006, 11:12 AM
ever notice the the thrill of getting a new car only lasts so long? that is because nothing material can ever reall satisfy us. wow that is DEEP!! got that beewang?

Fast Bob
01-22-2006, 12:40 PM
For deeper insight into this philosophy, just watch any episode of the Barrett-Jackson Auction on TV....

Regards,
Bob

bcausseaux
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
I think it depends on the person. I had a turbo miata that made me very happy for 6 years. And I have had my z3 coupe for about a year and a half now, and I still get excited to drive it and look over my shoulder every time I walk away from it. Perhaps I am just shallow :)

suzer
01-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Sometimes I think that choosing to lease my X5 diminished the thrill a little.

It's like I have a stopwatch clicking in the background. Tick, tick tick. Enjoy this car, because soon it will be gone. Tick, tick, tick. What will you get next time? Tick, tick, tick. Will you regret letting this one go?

Admittedly, it's a great problem to have. I'm sure there are plenty of people who suffer from "Tick, tick, tick. Where will the money come from to pay for groceries/health insurance/mortage?" There's no argument that it's a shallow problem.

I think if I hadn't leased it, the impending doom of losing warranty coverage would of ticked away at me anyway.

Maybe it's just me.:dunno:

cwsqbm
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Every car that I bought new I loved until they fell apart; I'm not one of those people that need a new car every two years.