PDA

View Full Version : FYI: GEICO Windhshield Repair

johnewhite
01-22-2006, 12:21 PM
For those of you with GEICO comprehensive insurance, GEICO will repair chipped, nicked, or cracked windshields at no charge (deductible waived) at your home.
Chips have to be smaller than a quarter.
Cracks have to be smaller than a dollar bill.
1-800-510-2291
"GEICO DIRECT" magazine, Fall 2005, page7.

RaceTripper
01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Don't most insurance companies do this? I have State Farm and they do. Had my 530i windshield repaired a few years ago after it took a rock from a truck on a road trip..

hawk2100n
01-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Most states have some sort of law regulating this. In SC, all glass must be repaired or replaced with no deductable. I have had to use this 2 times, and it is great to not have to pay out of pocket. The companies are usually pretty easy when it comes to windshield replacement.

BringsMeWomen
01-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I have a semi related question... Obviously if youre accident prone, your insurance goes up. But if you replace windshields or if your car gets stolen, does your insurance also go up?

chuck92103
01-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Don't most insurance companies do this? I have State Farm and they do. Had my 530i windshield repaired a few years ago after it took a rock from a truck on a road trip..

All insurance companies do. they encourage windshield rapair for two reasons.

a. It is cheaper than replacing
b. If you have a chip that develops into a large crack, your windshield integrity is compromised. Consequently if you are in an accident, well let 's just say you better have a motocycle helmet on with a full face shield.

LDV330i
01-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Most states have some sort of law regulating this. In SC, all glass must be repaired or replaced with no deductable. I have had to use this 2 times, and it is great to not have to pay out of pocket. The companies are usually pretty easy when it comes to windshield replacement.It varies by State. Here in TX it falls under the comprehensive coverage. When I was living FL by law there was a $0 deductible on windshield coverage. I know because I did get a brand new windwhield for my car at no cost.