PDA

View Full Version : Strange random mirror placement

KevinH
01-22-2006, 11:55 AM
This is an odd one.

Every once in a while, I'll get in my car after my wife has driven it :mad: and the driver's side mirror is out of place. I simply reach down and hit memory position 1 (which has my settings) but the mirror doesn't return to my position. Instead, it moves to some other position which is way off base (straight up, straight down, way left, etc.).

My wife doesn't drive the car often but still swears she's not messing with the settings. Any ideas?

woody underwood
01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
This is an odd one.

Every once in a while, I'll get in my car after my wife has driven it :mad: and the driver's side mirror is out of place. I simply reach down and hit memory position 1 (which has my settings) but the mirror doesn't return to my position. Instead, it moves to some other position which is way off base (straight up, straight down, way left, etc.).

My wife doesn't drive the car often but still swears she's not messing with the settings. Any ideas?
Are you sure it's been programmed into the memory? It doesn't come like that, the dealer has to do it (I believe). Also, if your wife bumps the mirror getting into the car, it sometimes knocks it out of alignment.

KevinH
01-22-2006, 01:53 PM
It's not programmed into my key memory, but in the memory setting on the seat itself. That seems to be working. I set my seat and mirrors the way I want them. I then move the mirror to mess it up. I hit my memory button and it returns to where I set it.

It could be that she's messing up the mirror, I can understand that. What I don't get is how come hitting memory button 1 doesn't return to my setting after she's driven. I doubt she's accidentally reprogramming my setting but you never know.

woody underwood
01-22-2006, 07:21 PM
It's not programmed into my key memory, but in the memory setting on the seat itself. That seems to be working. I set my seat and mirrors the way I want them. I then move the mirror to mess it up. I hit my memory button and it returns to where I set it.

It could be that she's messing up the mirror, I can understand that. What I don't get is how come hitting memory button 1 doesn't return to my setting after she's driven. I doubt she's accidentally reprogramming my setting but you never know.
OK, then she's lying to you. Everytime I made some comment to my ex about something wierd going on with the BMW the first thing out of her mouth was "I didn't do it"....and she never drove the car...had her own (Or did she?) I'd try moving the seat around manually just a bit and THEN hitting the memory button.

woody underwood
01-22-2006, 07:22 PM

OK, then she's lying to you. Everytime I made some comment to my ex about something wierd going on with the BMW the first thing out of her mouth was "I didn't do it"....and she never drove the car...had her own (Or did she?) I'd try moving the seat around manually just a bit and THEN hitting the memory button. I have a kitchen faucet that only leaks around the base when my wife uses it...women are just too strange to figure out.

KevinH
01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I think you're right.

I sat in the car and changed the mirrors and seat slightly. I held down my memory button 1 and it all returned to where it should be.

I think she's hitting the memory buttons when she's trying to find the seat adjustment. I admit that I did that when I first drove the car off the lot.

woody underwood
01-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I think you're right.

I sat in the car and changed the mirrors and seat slightly. I held down my memory button 1 and it all returned to where it should be.

I think she's hitting the memory buttons when she's trying to find the seat adjustment. I admit that I did that when I first drove the car off the lot.
Yes, I did the same thing. So problem solved I hope! But, just bumping into the rear view mirror housing will not it out of adjustment...happens every time I wash the car.