PDA

View Full Version : Dumb questions

KevinH
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Got a few questions that I can't find the answer to even after searching the forums.

- What the heck are "clears"? I see lots of questions and comments about them but I have no clue what they are.

- I see pictures of cars with these Angel Eyes things. Are they actually toroidal lights that are installed around your headlights or do they somehow use your existing lights to make that ring?

- Is the BMW roundel on each wheel a part of the wheel or the car? Are they easy to remove and how often are they stolen?

- Is my car ready for Sirius or not? I assumed it was but then I've read about people having to install a new antenna for satellite. Isn't that what that shark fin looking thing on my roof is for?

- I have BMW Assist but haven't paid anything. I think it's good for a year. Can I use it for whatever I want (Directions, Traffic Jams) while I'm in my free year or is it just for emergencies? Do I need to activate it?

TIA

Malibubimmer
01-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Got a few questions that I can't find the answer to even after searching the forums.

- What the heck are "clears"? I see lots of questions and comments about them but I have no clue what they are. Scientologists who have completed the entire course, at an expense usually of $250,000. Except for Tom Cruise this means they are "clear" of their money.

- I see pictures of cars with these Angel Eyes things. Are they actually toroidal lights that are installed around your headlights or do they somehow use your existing lights to make that ring? Yes.

- Is the BMW roundel on each wheel a part of the wheel or the car? Are they easy to remove and how often are they stolen? Yes. Not really. Never in my experience.

- Is my car ready for Sirius or not? I assumed it was but then I've read about people having to install a new antenna for satellite. Isn't that what that shark fin looking thing on my roof is for? Probably not. It's a radio antenna.

- I have BMW Assist but haven't paid anything. I think it's good for a year. Can I use it for whatever I want (Directions, Traffic Jams) while I'm in my free year or is it just for emergencies? Do I need to activate it? Maybe. It works only if you've given your credit card to your dealer. As a test that you are credit-worthy when they try to foist it on you for a fee in Year 2.

hawk2100n
01-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Clears refers to the blinker lenses. Clear lenses are standard on euro models, but were not offered on us models until 2001 for tail lights and side markers. The headlight blinkers are still amber for us models. In 2001, the e39 5er was updated with Angle Eyes and a new front bumper. This was the first model to get the Angel Eyes. The rings, as seen in the above avatar, are actually the parking lights. This is a popular upgrade for all models, especially for the e39 because no changes were made to the acutal size or shape of the headlight, so it is a simple bolt in installation. Most of the vehicles use an aftermarket brand like Umnitza. Not all models have angle eyes. The e39's after 2001 came with them standard for halogen and Xenon. The new 7er and 6er have them standard. They are optional on the new 5er, 3er, x3, and I think that x5's have them standard as well :dunno:

tierfreund
01-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Scientologists who have completed the entire course, at an expense usually of $250,000. Except for Tom Cruise this means they are "clear" of their money.

:rofl:

hockeynut
01-23-2006, 06:56 AM
And remember, the only dumb questions are the questions that are not asked.