PDA

View Full Version : BMW phone for 2055 745Li

monsoon
01-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I have a 2005 745Li and my phone was stolen out of it. It was s motorola/bmw v60 phone. Now, BMW and motorola say that these phones are discontinued and that you will not be able to find another phone to work in the car cradle because the car is not bluetooth compatible. Does anyone know where I can get a phone? I have purchased one from BMW of SF but Sprint wont activate it since it is an older phone. Can anyone find me a phone that will work with my cingular service?

kd2789mo
01-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I have a 2005 745Li and my phone was stolen out of it. It was s motorola/bmw v60 phone. Now, BMW and motorola say that these phones are discontinued and that you will not be able to find another phone to work in the car cradle because the car is not bluetooth compatible. Does anyone know where I can get a phone? I have purchased one from BMW of SF but Sprint wont activate it since it is an older phone. Can anyone find me a phone that will work with my cingular service?
Maybe ebay. Did you call BMWNA? If not, you should. Here's the part number.
The BMW/Motorola part number is 84110308472.
Just be sure it is a BMW branded Cingular GSM. You don't need to have it activated, just move your active Cingular SiM card into it.
I just recently changed from the Verizon v60 CDMA to the Cingular v60 GSM. I added another line to my Cingular account, and gave the phone it came with to my niece. Then, I put my new phone number SiM into the Cingular v60 GSM...works perfectly.