PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 745, you are missed

drbmw
01-24-2006, 12:24 AM
My 2003 745Li had 19,000 miles on it when I sold it to a colleague. He was thrilled. It was the car that he always wanted. The car performed flawlessly for the 25 months that I owned it. I enjoyed the luxury amenities and awesome interior. I had the idrive pretty much down and after using it every day, it became second nature to me. For a large car, the acceleration was very satisfying. I'm going to miss a few things. Heated steering wheel. Nice in the winter. Keypad for the phone. Those awesome seats. Most comfortable I've ever had in any car. The ROOMINESS. My rear passenger guests always felt like they were in a limo. Heck, I felt like I was driving a limo on steroids. All in all, the 7er was a great car. But I've always enjoyed a sporty ride. And the 7er didn't have that. Nor was it meant to. It is a luxury saloon. So why did I sell?
Well, my dealer called and said my M5 was in. Goodbye 7er, hello M5!. Interlagos Blue. Black interior. M seats. HUD. Satellite radio. Bluetooth phone. I will post some pics on the e60 forum when the weather gets nicer. For all of you who are driving a 7 series, enjoy your beautiful ride. I sure did. :thumbup:

2006_750Li_ED
01-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Don't worry, a 7 driver can never go backwards to drive a 5, not even an M5, so I believe that after you get over the power rush you would value the comfort you gave up more than the power you can not use on normal roads.
I give you maximum 1 year to sell your 5 and go back to a new 7, your tone is giving you in.

snowtruck
01-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Enjoy the M5, it sounds like an incredible car (All bimmers are great in IMO). And when you want those higher revs you've got them and then some. :thumbup:

LouisBMW
01-25-2006, 02:25 PM
I come from 5 to 7, and will never go back to 5, even M5. The 5 is too small, cabin and trunk, especially after you step in a 7. Why shoud l have the space complaint from all passengers after I spend the big bucks with the 5? The 7 is teh way to go. I am even think to change my 7 from i to Li.

///MLover
01-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Nice choice:thumbup:

Kayani_1
01-31-2006, 03:36 AM
As much as I love my 7 series. I have to say M5 is far much more dynamicaly superior car. Congrats on your new car. It is one hell of a car and a nice piece of history. As far as I know M5 is the worlds first V10 powered luxury 4 door sport sedan. :thumbup: