PDA

View Full Version : So... should I get the 325Cic or 330Cic? Opinions, please?

iwanna330cic
01-24-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm this close :yummy: to pulling the trigger. Thiing is, I am uncertain if I will be over-spending if I get the 330Cic, or a little frustrated with the power issue if I get the 325Cic. I drove both the past two days, and was pleasantly surprised at the decent (not rocket-like) acceleration of the 325. And, I wasn't totally convinced that the 330 was THAT much more powerful, given the extra money involved. Now - here is why I am asking all of you for help. It was only a short test drive, and I need opinions on whether or not you think I will be sorry I didn't get the extra punch (modest that it is) of the 330 or ticked that I spent the money for something that really didn't make that much difference.

My driving style is conservative to spirited from time to time (ok, mostly spirited, I guess :D)

So - whaddya think?

Oh - and sparkling graphic with natural brown interior gets the nod :thumbup:

Thanks, guys!

Doug

patriciakramer
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Doug -
How much difference are we talking about here...I love my 2001 330i. Never drove the 325 just fell into the 330. Like the power - I drive with SPIRIT also!! Will you be sorry at some point with the less powereful engine...

AzNMpower32
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I guess it depends on the transmission you plan to get and what you expect out of spirited driving. Although neither car would be flat-footed, if you plan to get an auto, opt for the 330cic since it has more power to deal with the torque converter "loss". I believe the 325cic gets only a 5-speed manual, although not a bad pair at all and you would get decent satisfaction out of the power and savings.

The 330cic does have more luxury features and a 6-speed. However, due to my taste in options, I would personally get the 325cic if money is an issue and get sport, xenons, and heated seats or h/k sound. I can live without leather or power seats and the 184hp is stronger than it seems.

hockeynut
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Drive 'em both and get what you like. The few extra $$$ for the 3.0 litre engine is worth it to me, but maybe not to you.

zentenn
01-25-2006, 06:11 AM
I used to have a 325cic and was bored with the lack of power and Step. Not that it was a slouch, but after a few months I traded it for a 330ci. If I were you, I'd just get the 330 for the extra hp which will help with the added weight you have with a convertible.

FDMeloan
01-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Doug:

FWIW, we have a 325Cic with Steptronic and for my money it has all the power you really need so I wouold recommend buying the 325Cic and put the money in the bank that you saved. We are totally happy with the 325Cic. On the other hand, life is short and if you might regret getting the 325Cic spend the extra bucks and get the 330Cic. It's only money.

My $0.02. YMMV

hockeynut
01-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Doug:

FWIW, we have a 325Cic with Steptronic and for my money it has all the power you really need so I wouold recommend buying the 325Cic and put the money in the bank that you saved. We are totally happy with the 325Cic. On the other hand, life is short and if you might regret getting the 325Cic spend the extra bucks and get the 330Cic. It's only money.

My $0.02. YMMV

Wouldn't one get that extra money back on resale value?

NOTE: I won't be selling mine until the 2035 Barret-Jackson auction :D

whiskey.org
01-25-2006, 05:46 PM
you should hold off for the new version, it's a big upgrade from E46 and will be here shortly (less than a year)

Sheepdg
01-25-2006, 06:21 PM
you should hold off for the new version, it's a big upgrade from E46 and will be here shortly (less than a year)

:stupid:

Can't agree more. If you think you might be disappointed not getting the 330 (which is definitely true), you'll have to be placed on suicicde watch once the folding hardtop versions hit the street.

ase2dais
01-25-2006, 07:49 PM
IMHO, I don t think that 50HP difference between 325 n 330 would really make any difference and be more noticeable driving a 330.

Its either a 325i or an M3, even as a E46/M3 would be ok for me. my .02 cents

AzNMpower32
01-25-2006, 08:59 PM

I think the E46 3 coupe and conv't are the nicest lookin BMWs ever made. M3 included. I would take a 330cic Mystic blue/gray lthr, sport, 18" rims over any new 3-series on the market.

I really doubt BMW can get anything else as nice lookin with these new designs that look like they'll bite your head off in the morning. Since when did cars start lookin so pissed off?

e60lover
01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I think the E46 3 coupe and conv't are the nicest lookin BMWs ever made. M3 included. I would take a 330cic Mystic blue/gray lthr, sport, 18" rims over any new 3-series on the market.

I really doubt BMW can get anything else as nice lookin with these new designs that look like they'll bite your head off in the morning. Since when did cars start lookin so pissed off?

:thumbup: I have to agree with you you that the e46 coupe/convertable look so good at the moment, especially after the 2004 facelift. Eventhough I am an e60 owner, I started crackng up when you said the mean design will bite your head off in the morning. :rofl: :rofl: