PDA

View Full Version : First speeding ticket in my BMW :(

KevinH
01-24-2006, 06:59 PM
So there I was heading up I-285 west of Atlanta at about 75mph, just minding my own business and going with the flow of traffic :angel:

A semi cuts in front of me while some generic redneck in a white Ford F-150 is hogging the fast lane at 70 mph. No worries, I punch it and shoot through the lane between them, marveling at how wonderfully this car handles. :thumbup:

Hey, what's that white car doing off the shoulder perpendicular to traffic? :dunno:

Uh oh, it's not a white car, it's a black and white car and he just started his engine. :thumbdwn:

WHEW! He's not coming after me....better keep my eyes out for others and drive nicely. :eeps:

Grrrr...he is coming after me with blue lights flashing. :mad:

"Yes, officer, I realize I was going too fast but I was trying to avoid that semi that was all over the road...88 in a 55? Uh, no, I didn't realize I was going that fast." :bawling:

"You'll write it down to 69 in a 55 so I get no points and my insurance company isn't notified? YOU ROCK, Officer!" :guitar:

MikeCTM2
01-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Right On. in the future you gotta have a sharper eye of what's ahead. train your eyes/brain to pick out almost instantly potential 5-0 on the highway.

BMWenthusiast
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Right On. in the future you gotta have a sharper eye of what's ahead. train your eyes/brain to pick out almost instantly potential 5-0 on the highway.

yup, i have trained myself already for this, mainly becuase the street i go on is monitored by the CHP and there are a lot of cops, but make sure you are looking both ahead and behind you

SteveinBelAir
01-25-2006, 04:28 AM
Get yourself a Passport 8500 X50 and use a product called VEIL on your front tag and headlights.

I do 30,000 miles a year in sales. It has saved me at least twice since last summer.

Bob Clevenger
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Let's see....
He admits to going 75mph in a 55 mph zone and complains about the guy in the pickup "only" going 70 in the same 55 zone. Then he "punches it" to avoid having to do something terrible like slowing down.

I guess the attitude is "I want to go fast and everyone else should let me. Screw those annoying laws."

Yes, the cop was cool.