PDA

View Full Version : 1974 CSL Batmobile

chris1kanobi
01-25-2006, 12:46 PM
My friend has asked me to sell his 1974 CSL 3.0 with the factory fairings etc. on Ebay. Does anyone know much about these factory race cars? Any links, message boards etc. that may help me in gathering information? Any idea what these cars are bringing in today's market? Thank you for the help.

Salvator
01-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Seems odd to sell it on Ebay... wouldn't it be better off to sell it through one of the auction houses... maybe Barrett-Jackson (Lord knows they could use something a little more interesting than those tiresome muscle cars...), Butterfield, etc. Alternately, you might find more information (from a value standpoint) from some of the contacts at the BMWCCA site... www.bmwcca.org (http://www.bmwcca.org)

Good luck! :thumbup:

tome
01-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Good suggestions from Salvatore. You might also want to verify its authenticity and some sources that can help are: www.bmwmregistry.com, www.bmwworld.com, www.motorbase.com.

hth

euroe28m5
01-26-2006, 09:08 AM
You may want to have him list it in the for sale section of the E9 board. That is where you will have the most captive audience. Can you give any details? Is it a race car or just a factory Bat? Miles, condition, location, history, owners?

chris1kanobi
01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
It would be a great car for Barrett Jackson or one of the well publicised auctions, but that is not really an option as he wants to see it go to a good home rather quickly. This car was fully restored in 1990, the body was very rusty and needed allot of attention. It has about 10K on it now and most of that is just driving to car shows and weekend touring. It has no race history, just a factory Bat. It was on the cover of Roundel mag in 1991. He is hoping to get $50K out of it, and I just wanted to see if that was reasonable or not. He is the second or third owner and I belive the car came from New York in the late 80's to Denver where it is currently. Thanks for the input. I will post some pictures as soon as I get them taken.

chris1kanobi
03-17-2006, 11:19 AM
I just listed the car on Ebay, feel free to take a look and bid if you can! Thanks for all of the help, Item number: 4622612607.