PDA

View Full Version : XM radio install frustration

Rusty46
01-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I installed the XM system as far as I could figure leaving the radio antenna adaptor behind the Business Radio units for the dealer to make the final connection when they pulled the radio. OK, so I did not know that BMW's don't have the type F antenna connector. Where can I find an adaptor? The Washington, D.C. area dealers only install Sirus systems.

KrisL
01-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I installed the XM system as far as I could figure leaving the radio antenna adaptor behind the Business Radio units for the dealer to make the final connection when they pulled the radio. OK, so I did not know that BMW's don't have the type F antenna connector. Where can I find an adaptor? The Washington, D.C. area dealers only install Sirus systems.

Is your car Sirius compatible? If so, you can probably get the XM Direct system which goes wherever the sirius would go... and the sound is much better than FM modulated...

tcoz
01-28-2006, 06:33 AM
XM Direct would definitely be the best solution although I'm not sure it's available for the X5. Check out the XM website. As I have an iDrive car, XM Direct wasn't an option so I had a local car audio dealer install my SkyFi which he first had to remove from my X3. Yes, it uses FM modulation which sounds fine to me. The antenna adapter was readily available to him. Good luck.

wwb4
01-28-2006, 08:12 AM

Try www.bavauto.com