PDA

View Full Version : Holding RDS display longer

KevinH
01-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I love the RDS feature of the BMW Business CD. What I don't like is that the display reverts back to the clock long before all the text is displayed. This usually makes me hit the "m" button several times to see the whole display, like this...

96Rock
m
Atlanta's
m
Classic Rock
m
Van
m
Halen
m
Panama

Is there a way to make it stay on RDS until the entire message is displayed?

AzNMpower32
01-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Don't know what model you have as it varies.......

For the X3 (and I guess the z4), there is a way to only show the RDS or station and not the clock.

WAM
01-28-2006, 02:43 PM
You have an option of showing the clock or the radio station info in the radio display. Press the button on the left side of the radio, I think it has the clock symbol on it, to toggle between the clock or radio info. Once you have the radio info selected, press the RDS button and you will always show that info when the radio is on.

KevinH
01-28-2006, 04:26 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for. thanks!

Clarke
01-29-2006, 04:12 AM
I Moved to Alpharetta 2 months ago and have been listening to that station much of the time.:hi:(the afternoon drive time guy sort of drives me up the wall though:mad: ) You might want to try 97.1 "The River".much the same format but commercial free for now as it's just starting out.:thumbup:

KevinH
01-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the tip. 96Rock has really gone downhill in the last couple years.

Right now, the only time I listen to it is for the 30 seconds I'm changing CD's. So I might listen to, total, 90 seconds a day. In those 90 seconds, I am guaranteed to hear either The Eagles, Lynard Skynard, or Steve Miller Band. EVERY TIME.

On the same note, my son has been in my car a total of three times. In each of those times, the song "Shooting Star" (Bad Co.?) has played.

I think the station's complete playlist consists of fewer than 10 bands. On to The River for me!