PDA

View Full Version : Yes I DID IT!!!! Phone ACTIVATED!!!!

chowan24
01-30-2006, 11:13 AM
I have my CPT8000 activated. No BS.... I'm here to tell everyone how to do it. Here you go.... Oh yeah this doesn't work with Verizon phones I believe. I tried with a Verizon CPT 8000 first and it didn't work but i don't think they knew what they were talking about. Any Whoooo. Go beyond Wireless does the activation. They are a prepaid service. gobeyondwireless.com. give them a call and your all set up (800) 777-9773. I warn you though you could be on hold forever but its worth saving a grand over a bluetooth retro kit. They don't have all of they major metro area codes. You might end up with a out of state number but who cares you get free long distance... any questions give me a call (617) 406-8304. i would give my car # out but hey i'd run out of all my prepaid minutes....

nexus9
01-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Yipee!

Thanks a bundle, just activated my CPT9000 TDMA through these guys. . it was a pretty simple process, the guy on the line just ran me through programing the phone and gave me 35mins free to boot. . .

The costs are pretty reasonable as well, although you need to pay attention to the recharge costs, some deals are better than others, but 440mins for 50 bucks ain't so bad. I especially like the fact that the minutes "roll over" and don't ever expire as long as you make at least one call every 60 days. All in all a pretty good deal to get this antiquated phone online including voicemail.

I do recommend, however, that you disable the audible minutes remaining warning that anounces at the begining of each outbound call. . it saves you from having a tacky pre-paided announcement if you have other folks in the car. You can do this when you go into the recharge system after you get finished adding minutes to your account. It will ask you if you want to adjust the options of the phone and you can disable it there.

Thanks so much, chowan24, for finding this!

Regards

chowan24
01-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Yipee!

Thanks a bundle, just activated my CPT9000 TDMA through these guys. . it was a pretty simple process, the guy on the line just ran me through programing the phone and gave me 35mins free to boot. . .

The costs are pretty reasonable as well, although you need to pay attention to the recharge costs, some deals are better than others, but 440mins for 50 bucks ain't so bad. I especially like the fact that the minutes "roll over" and don't ever expire as long as you make at least one call every 60 days. All in all a pretty good deal to get this antiquated phone online including voicemail.

I do recommend, however, that you disable the audible minutes remaining warning that anounces at the begining of each outbound call. . it saves you from having a tacky pre-paided announcement if you have other folks in the car. You can do this when you go into the recharge system after you get finished adding minutes to your account. It will ask you if you want to adjust the options of the phone and you can disable it there.

Thanks so much, chowan24, for finding this!

Regards

Glad to be of help here....I found my calling....YEAH BABY!!!!

kd2789mo
01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Glad to be of help here....I found my calling....YEAH BABY!!!!
Good Job, Rudy.
The mods should stick this...there are a lot of 7 owners who could use this information:thumbup:

sc_trojan
01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
anyone know of a company that has 310 area codes?

chowan24
01-31-2006, 07:54 AM
anyone know of a company that has 310 area codes?

forget about the area code man you get free long distance. I live in boston they didn't have boston so i took new york, big deal. Just get the thing activated before another nazi law is passed....

billjhart
01-31-2006, 11:50 AM
My God, it works.....I got my CPT 8000 TDMA activated.....there are a lot of second 7 owners who need to know about this. Thanks so much for your hard work Rudy. Bill

chowan24
01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
My God, it works.....I got my CPT 8000 TDMA activated.....there are a lot of second 7 owners who need to know about this. Thanks so much for your hard work Rudy. Bill

I swear I feel like a kid in a candy store for coming through on this for you guys/gals.... Thanks so much for your praises....

chowan24
02-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm completely surprised that at least 100 members have not yet had their phones activated yet due to this posting unless everyone here has Verizon CPT 8000's/9000's I understand.

jkb
02-01-2006, 05:02 PM
i got CPT9000 (at&t) if anybody wants to buy it.

kbkoch
02-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Didn't look at the post until today:cry: Bummer... Gobeyondwireless.com doesn't activate TDMA phones as of the 31st of January... I've got a 2002 745Li and thought I had a solution. Any other companies activating TDMA CPT 8000's? Thanks...

By the way... where do I find information about the expensive retro bluetooth option?

chowan24
02-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Didn't look at the post until today:cry: Bummer... Gobeyondwireless.com doesn't activate TDMA phones as of the 31st of January... I've got a 2002 745Li and thought I had a solution. Any other companies activating TDMA CPT 8000's? Thanks...

By the way... where do I find information about the expensive retro bluetooth option?

i find this hard to believe i'm going to buy another one to see if it will work....

chowan24
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
i find this hard to believe i'm going to buy another one to see if it will work....

Unreal I just got off the phone with Go Beyond Wireless. They will not activate anymore TDMA it has to be GSM....They can but they won't...*****!!!!

rogerthat2
02-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I was thrilled when I read this thread, and immediately called these guys. Guess what? January 31 was the last day that they could activate these phones. It is really disappointing, especially since my phone works perfectly. It has a number, it actually dials out, but the voice at the other end tells me to call Verizon. Any other ideas let me know..

triple_sissy
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM

http://eiskits.com/oem%20retrofit.html

chowan24
02-04-2006, 05:24 PM
http://eiskits.com/oem%20retrofit.html

Not available yet....

triple_sissy
02-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Not available yet....
Well, I know that ... I posted a link cause someone was asking for it.
I am waiting for this one, too.

Peter

ralfsmith
02-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

johntvery@operamail.com

johntvery@hotmail.com

triple_sissy
02-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Information about what?

Peter

chowan24
02-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Locus Mobile activates TDMA AT&T phones....Contact Customer Service at 1-800-547-9701. CDMA Verizon phones 1-800-819-7696. I would have had my Verizon phone activated but they ran out of my areea codes phone number. They should have more Boston Area codes Tommorrow or Tuesday. Just tell them it is a motorola startac. If you start telling them the CPT 8000 crap they don't know what the hell you are talking about.....Keep it Simple!!!!

boeharris
02-09-2006, 05:25 AM
I have an 03 745LI and cannot find a phone for it. Can anyone pls tell me what type phone goe with this car (8000/9000) and where can I get one and how to activate it.

"BOE"

chowan24
02-09-2006, 05:32 AM
I have an 03 745LI and cannot find a phone for it. Can anyone pls tell me what type phone goe with this car (8000/9000) and where can I get one and how to activate it.

"BOE"

I have a verizon phone that is activated by locus telecom prepaid. Verizon or any other major companies will not activate these phones anymore so you have to go around them, so i did. If you want the phone I can send it to you for $50 to your door. The only thing you have to do is change the number to your local area....?'s give me a call (617) 406-8304 ask for Rudy. You can call me now if you want....

kato23
02-10-2006, 08:31 AM
well i guess they dont activate CDMA phones either they told me they only activate DSM phones

bimmer7
02-10-2006, 12:36 PM
well i guess they dont activate CDMA phones either they told me they only activate DSM phones

you mean GSM :rolleyes: ... same story here in Canada a lot of cellphone carriers are on the GSM network and thus making the BMW phone incompatible with most of em!

99prowler
02-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I have a 2002 745I with a time port and am frustrated because no one will activate my phone either. Soemone please help. I did read about a ble tooth adapter kit but it sounded extremely confusing for the novice phone user. Any other suggestions.

kato23
02-12-2006, 01:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They activated the phone for me..I have 900 anytime and unlimited nights and weekends...and nationwide long distance for $59 a month. Verizon service

Name of the Company:

TEJARA Group
708-599-1300

They didnt charge me an activation fee cause i bought the phone from them so i dont know what theyll charge to activate others.

But Hey hopes this helps some people

They also have an ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/TEJARA-DEALS

chowan24
02-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Does anyone read these post....just call Locust Telecommunications and they will activate the phone....What are these boards for if we don't read them....

black_ace
02-13-2006, 02:06 PM
They told me to jump in the lake.....Said they could not do it after jan 31st. I have the 02 with the silver motorola startac. ANY HELP......

kato23
02-13-2006, 03:23 PM
They told me to jump in the lake.....Said they could not do it after jan 31st. I have the 02 with the silver motorola startac. ANY HELP......

Call here see if they can help

TEJARA Group
708-599-1300

chowan24
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM

read my other post on Locus Telecommunications. They will activate the phone, don't say BMW don't say Timeport don't say CPT. Tell them it is a startac and that is it. These people read off of a script and that is that. if you say anything out of the norm it won't happen. Call (800) 819-7429. Need more assistance call me (617) 406-8304 ask for Rudy....

black_ace
02-14-2006, 12:37 PM
I know your pain and anger. You need to call locus. Play dumb just like CHOWAN "the man" said. Don't tell them it's a BMW Phone. They will ask you what area code you want and everything. Tell them. Once you get a number you are halfway there. You are more than likely going to have to reprogram your phone. Luckily I got the guy to send me the directions on Reprogramming.

Directions:
DMA Programming:

Power ON
Enter Access Code:
74663 + # + 1 + FCN + FCN (NAM 1)
74663 + # + 2 + FCN + FCN (NAM 2)
74663 + # + 3 + FCN + FCN (NAM 3)
74663 + # + 4 + FCN + FCN (NAM 4)
"Enter Number" displays
Enter 10-Digit Mobile Number + STO
Enter 5-Digit Analog SID + STO
Enter 5-Digit Digital SID + STO
Enter 5-Digit Digital Network ID + STO
"Entry Done" displays

If "Try Again" displays, an entry is incorrect. In a few seconds the phone will display the incorrect number. Use CLR to erase and then re-enter the correct number + SND to continue programming.

The first number it will ask you for is the Min and some other name. The key here is to get a phone number, if you get them to give you a phone number, you are in business. THANKS CHOWAN.....

I'm not sure if these numbers will be the s

Copyright ” 1992 Bishop & Assoc., Inc. (360) 862-8900 Optional Updates Available.

Copyrightł 1992 Bishop & Assoc., Inc. (360) 862-8900 Optional Updates Available.

QUOTE=99prowler]I have a 2002 745I with a time port and am frustrated because no one will activate my phone either. Soemone please help. I did read about a ble tooth adapter kit but it sounded extremely confusing for the novice phone user. Any other suggestions.[/QUOTE]

chowan24
02-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I know your pain and anger. You need to call locus. Play dumb just like CHOWAN "the man" said. Don't tell them it's a BMW Phone. They will ask you what area code you want and everything. Tell them. Once you get a number you are halfway there. You are more than likely going to have to reprogram your phone. Luckily I got the guy to send me the directions on Reprogramming.

Directions:
DMA Programming:

Power ON
Enter Access Code:
"Enter Number" displays
"Entry Done" displays

If "Try Again" displays, an entry is incorrect. In a few seconds the phone will display the incorrect number. Use CLR to erase and then re-enter the correct number + SND to continue programming.

The first number it will ask you for is the Min and some other name. The key here is to get a phone number, if you get them to give you a phone number, you are in business. THANKS CHOWAN.....

Copyright ” 1992 Bishop & Assoc., Inc. (360) 862-8900 Optional Updates Available.

Copyrightł 1992 Bishop & Assoc., Inc. (360) 862-8900 Optional Updates Available.

QUOTE=99prowler]I have a 2002 745I with a time port and am frustrated because no one will activate my phone either. Soemone please help. I did read about a ble tooth adapter kit but it sounded extremely confusing for the novice phone user. Any other suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Thank you blackace....If your not dumb act it, and your phone will be on within seconds of programming....

bigitchy
02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok gang, I'm confused. I have a preowned 08/2002 745LI. How do I tell if I have a CPT 7000-8000-or 9000. Couldn't find any documentation. I'm thinking the 8000 because dealer said phone was a startac, but someone here said that was a 7000 and the 8000 was a timeport. I just want to pick up a phone that is compatible and get the system to work. Otherwise I have to wait for EIS in May.
Steve Novak
bigitchy@adelphia.net

black_ace
02-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Call Locus and tell them you don't know what kind of phone it is. They will ask you the esn number and all that. Get a phone number from them. Look at my earlier post on how to program the phone so it can be activated. It can be done with the phone you have. No other phone is going to work with the car. Whatever you do, DO NOT TELL THEM IT IS A BMW PHONE. If you do that you may as well hang up the phone. It's so simple. Play dumb and you will have the phone turned on. Trust me I done it you can do it. There is a loophole in the sytem.......stupidity.

Ok gang, I'm confused. I have a preowned 08/2002 745LI. How do I tell if I have a CPT 7000-8000-or 9000. Couldn't find any documentation. I'm thinking the 8000 because dealer said phone was a startac, but someone here said that was a 7000 and the 8000 was a timeport. I just want to pick up a phone that is compatible and get the system to work. Otherwise I have to wait for EIS in May.
Steve Novak
bigitchy@adelphia.net

chowan24
02-28-2006, 06:56 PM
I just got a phone activated for Tim Hinsvark in CA. Yes this works. BELIEVE!!!! IF YOU CAN'T GET IT DONE I WILL....

rahrah215
02-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Do you still have the pre-paid phone for sale

I just got a phone activated for Tim Hinsvark in CA. Yes this works. BELIEVE!!!! IF YOU CAN'T GET IT DONE I WILL....

chowan24
02-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Do you still have the pre-paid phone for sale

YUP DO YOU WANT IT....CALL ME

chowan24
03-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Just activated another phone for a member in Newton, MA.

x0rr0
03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey Chowan, can you help me out?

I called them (Locus Telecom) and I told them I wanted to activate a startac but they wanted to know what rate plan.

then they spouted off some gsm and cdma plans.

i dont think that will do. =(

chowan24
03-23-2006, 05:34 PM
if you want I can do a swap with you...Send me yours and i'll send you mine...give me a call (617) 406-8304 ask for Rudy....

x0rr0
03-23-2006, 07:46 PM
if you want I can do a swap with you...Send me yours and i'll send you mine...give me a call (617) 406-8304 ask for Rudy....

I'll call you tomorrow. What time is best? If you don't reply I'll call around noon EST.

Thanks.

blowngt
03-24-2006, 04:50 AM
I activated mine yesterday. Locus are pre-paid only and I think I pay .18 peak and .08 off peak or something like that. It is a good deal seeing I will only use it when I am in the car and the fact it actually works is priceless.

The only question they asked me was if I wanted the platinum plan or somehting else, one is just cheaper off peak. Yoiu can look at the cost at viva-wireless.com

Hooking it up was painelss, jsut make sure you tell them you do not want the recorded "how many minutes left" before each call, annoying as ****.

Thanks Chowan24 you got me up and running.

x0rr0
03-24-2006, 06:20 AM
So even if it's a TDMA phone, by choosing one of the CDMA plans, and getting them to just activate it, it will work? Just because there are no checks in the system?

Is this what I'm missing or is there more involved?

x0rr0
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
chowan24 is the man. !!!

I got my phone activated with his help. My mistake was calling the first locus number. You need to call the second one (CDMA Verizon) .

Tell them you want the viva plan.

chowan24
03-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Hey, I just try!!!! Thanks a mil....

ajfB004
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks all

I just had my phone activated with Locus. The coustomer service rep was a little lost but teh sirections that were posted on this page helped iron everything out. The biggest problem was programming the phone, but with a little help from the DMA info posted here we got it done. :

thumbup:

Make sure you plug the phone completely into the jack in the glove box. A friend had his phone burn up in the box because the cord was not completely connected. Listen for the click.

Mikoruni
04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I have a TDMA timeport and called Locust Communications today. They asked me what plan I wanted and I responded with a TDMA plan. They told me that they no longer activate TDMA phones. Could some one please walk me through this? or do I need to get a CDMA phone? Thanks in advance

Leo

chowan24
04-13-2006, 05:36 AM
call me and i will help you out....I've done this for a member or two....HAHA

chowan24
04-25-2006, 04:02 PM
hope this still helps....

hionbusa
05-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I have a silver TDMA timeport . I called locus wireless cdma division . I was one the phone with them for 45 minutes. I played very dumb. Gave them my esn # . the he put me on hold . got me the # i needed including area code.
When it came to the reprogram . i gave him the model # . it wasnt working.
supervisor came on the phone and told me that They dont activate these phones.

chowan ,

did I miss anything here. ( i called you earlier and left you a msg).

ajfB004
05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I had a similar problem and had to keep the guy from Locus on the line while I followed the programming instruction in the thread that follows. . They read from a script and cant follow it very well either. Do the programming on your phone after you call them again like it says here and you should be alright.Once they assign the # you are home free. just go through the steps for programming and it will work.

Originally Posted by black_ace

Directions:
DMA Programming:

Power ON
Enter Access Code:
"Enter Number" displays
"Entry Done" displays

hionbusa
05-05-2006, 09:44 PM
ok help,
they gave me the # . I bought some minutes but I still cant get the damn phone to activate.

I tried the above program .
my phone will not do anything after i hit FCN .

i turn it off then back on , it goes to cingular network.

chowan24
05-06-2006, 04:28 AM
ok help,
they gave me the # . I bought some minutes but I still cant get the damn phone to activate.

I tried the above program .
my phone will not do anything after i hit FCN .

i turn it off then back on , it goes to cingular network.

Try this #7764726#

hionbusa
05-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Try this #7764726#

i tried that . I got me to enter the new # i was given by locus thats about it . I couldnt do anything else (SID, network code etc..... .

I called them again today to get the phone reprogrammed. They kept asking the model #>
i said startac, timeport blah .........
then they say we need the exact model #. I looked up google and gave them the model # for the TDMA at&T phone I have . I was on hold for 20 minutes , she came back and said we cannot program this phone for you because its tdma etc. ,its impossible blah blah........

So , I just canceled the prepaid minutes I already purchased .

I spent 2 hours with these folks but Nothing is working.

Chowman ,

if you have that phone that you already activated , let me know
Or maybe you can assist me if you have some time .
Thanks ,

black_ace
05-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Try to program it first then call them. That may work better, cause the phne has to be activatable ( is that a word) before they can activate it. Try to program it first.......then call. Let me know if you have any trouble and I will try and walk you through it.

i tried that . I got me to enter the new # i was given by locus thats about it . I couldnt do anything else (SID, network code etc..... .

I called them again today to get the phone reprogrammed. They kept asking the model #>
i said startac, timeport blah .........
then they say we need the exact model #. I looked up google and gave them the model # for the TDMA at&T phone I have . I was on hold for 20 minutes , she came back and said we cannot program this phone for you because its tdma etc. ,its impossible blah blah........

So , I just canceled the prepaid minutes I already purchased .

I spent 2 hours with these folks but Nothing is working.

Chowman ,

if you have that phone that you already activated , let me know
Or maybe you can assist me if you have some time .
Thanks ,

ajfB004
05-16-2006, 09:12 AM
When I programmed mine the same # was entered for the sid, ,network snd other codes. once i did that everything was fine.

joehint
05-20-2006, 11:06 AM
I can not program my phone, it does nothing when I enter the codes. Not sure if I'm doing it right. Do you just turn it on and start to enter the codes or what? Someone please give me step by step directions to program the phone.

sevenme
05-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Are all CPT8000's TDMA or are any CDMA?

vistyle32
05-29-2006, 02:32 PM
first thanks to this forum i got me phone activated by locus. the program part was tricky but with rudy help got it done! THANKS JUST JOIN BIMMERFEST TODAY.

sevenme
05-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Vistyle32 - was your phone a CPT8000 Verizon or AT&T?

vistyle32
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
verizon cdma

chowan24
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
i'm glad this still helps...

x0rr0
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
This might help you guys looking for SIDs.

http://www.mountainwireless.com/sid.htm

Try the one for your area under analog and cdma 800 first. If that doesn't work, try others in your area.

21 worked for me in the southeast mi area.

You want the broadcast SID, which is the third column.

asci01
06-21-2006, 10:29 PM
My used 2002 745i came without the phone. Production date of the car was 11/01

How do I know if my car uses a CPT8000 or 9000?

Any help is appreciated!

AZrydogg
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
If you have the Motorola Startac phone then you have CPT8000. If you have the Mororola V60 phone, you have the CPT9000. I cant seem to find any carrier to hook up my CPT8000. I tried calling the place above and they all declined since it doesnt have the new 911 emergency feature.

Biatchzxz
06-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Ok. YES!!!. Finally ACTIVATED MY PHONE... V60c. 2003 745i.

To program it...

usually verizon phones... all u have to do is dial *228 and send. Its over the air programming.. I just did it and it works... Locus.. 800-819-7696(thanks to chow)...

They give you free 50 min. takes 4 mins in total.. right away.. I EVEN GOT A LOCAL AREA CODE...

Now i have to find out how to get rid of the message ( you have blah blah Minutes remaining)

Biatchzxz
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
If you have the Motorola Startac phone then you have CPT8000. If you have the Mororola V60 phone, you have the CPT9000. I cant seem to find any carrier to hook up my CPT8000. I tried calling the place above and they all declined since it doesnt have the new 911 emergency feature.

We all had the same problem. I just called Locus. and they activated.. it ... Give them a call

800-819-7696.

If u need any assistance glad to help

asci01
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
i'm glad this still helps...

Rudy,

The CPT8000 came in two flavors: TDMA and CDMA.

They way you know how to activate the 8000, Does it matter if the phone is TDMA or CDMA?

Biatchzxz
06-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Rudy,

The CPT8000 came in two flavors: TDMA and CDMA.

They way you know how to activate the 8000, Does it matter if the phone is TDMA or CDMA?

yes it does matter i believe there were 2 different numbers to call.

asci01
06-23-2006, 04:19 PM
yes it does matter i believe there were 2 different numbers to call.

And either one can be activated?

Also, how can you tell if the phone is TDMA or CDMA?

Biatchzxz
06-23-2006, 05:41 PM
And either one can be activated?

Also, how can you tell if the phone is TDMA or CDMA?

Yes.. Should be...

The easiest way to find out is dial 611 and send.. see what it says...

Either. Welcome to Verizon Wireless etc.

Or Well to At&T. or whatever

If not.. They you have to take the battery out and look at the back of the phone.. sometimes the models will have motorola v60(c) for cdma or v60t (Tdma) .. First Try the 611. If ur still having trouble copy whats on the back of the phone into post...

asci01
06-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes.. Should be...

The easiest way to find out is dial 611 and send.. see what it says...

Either. Welcome to Verizon Wireless etc.

Or Well to At&T. or whatever

If not.. They you have to take the battery out and look at the back of the phone.. sometimes the models will have motorola v60(c) for cdma or v60t (Tdma) .. First Try the 611. If ur still having trouble copy whats on the back of the phone into post...

Thanks for the help!

I haven't bought the phone yet, but the seller gave me the option of getting a CDMA or a TDMA phone.

I have a few more questions. Sorry to be a pain. I just bought the car (02 745i) so I'm new to all this.

1) I assume that if it says Verizon then it's CDMA and AT&T is TDMA, right?
2) Is CDMA better than TDMA or viceverse?
3) Are the programming instructions posted on this thread for CDMA or TDMA phones?

Thanks !

hionbusa
06-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the help!

I haven't bought the phone yet, but the seller gave me the option of getting a CDMA or a TDMA phone.

I have a few more questions. Sorry to be a pain. I just bought the car (02 745i) so I'm new to all this.

1) I assume that if it says Verizon then it's CDMA and AT&T is TDMA, right?
2) Is CDMA better than TDMA or viceverse?
3) Are the programming instructions posted on this thread for CDMA or TDMA phones?

Thanks !

I CANT ACTIVATE THE TDMA MOTOROLA TIMEPORT >

its seem a lot easier to do with a CDMA

anybody has the Timeport TDMA activated ?
IF yes , how did you program it before calling locus?

THe previously metioned program doesnt work. THe only thing that will get you into the program menu is #7764726# then ......................

The way to know the difference between the TDMA AND CDMA .

TDMA has a black LCD display (like a digital watch)
CDMA has a coloer LCD display

hionbusa
06-23-2006, 11:32 PM

THe previously metioned program doesnt work. THe only thing that will get you into the program menu is #7764726# then ......................

Biatchzxz
06-24-2006, 02:42 AM
My personal opinion is CDMA is a better service than TDMA.. For sure. CDMA is a lot more digital than TDMA. but who cares cooler screen or not. Its in the car.. Usually to program the phone. you can dial *228 Send.. Press option 1 to program. Its over the air programming... for TDMA you probably have to program manually. Meaning Get your Cell phone number first.. Then program using #PROGRAM#*SND i believe (spell out program in numbers obviously...

asci01
06-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Okay. I ordered the CDMA version. Can't wait to try to activate this puppy.

This is what I have gathered so far is the process.

1) Fully charge battery
2) Call Locus CDMA phone number
3) Give them the ESN #
4) If they ask what kind of phone I have, tell them is a Motorola Startac
5) If no complains, buy some minutes
6) Program the phone by dialing *228

Does this sound right?

Does the *228 only works with Verizon?

joehint
06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I just got my CPT activated. I played dumb as told in earlier post and used the auto programing feature. Do as said play dumb get the number and program the phone it WORKS!!! :)

sevenme
06-27-2006, 12:52 PM
JOE - is your CPT - TDMA or CDMA

joehint
06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
:) CDMA phone, I got it off of Ebay

asci01
06-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I just got my CPT activated. I played dumb as told in earlier post and used the auto programing feature. Do as said play dumb get the number and program the phone it WORKS!!! :)

How did you autoprogram your phone?

joehint
06-28-2006, 07:44 AM
I used *228. I had them remove the message about minutes remaining but it stills plays anyone know how to remove it?

Biatchzxz
06-28-2006, 08:49 PM
I am also really trying to get rid of the message myself... please help

bimmfan
06-28-2006, 11:58 PM
hi, everyone i have timeport CDMA phone from my 03 745li which is never been out of the car so it's like brand new i get it of ebay about 2 years ago for $400 my car was CPO and came with TDMA phone but i had account with verizon so now i traded car with TDMA
phone which originaly was in car for new 06 750li so i want to offer anyone who wants this CDMA phone and i dont know how much anyone who wants just offer me your price thx

XQOS
06-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Please help,
Just got my 2003 745i with a Motorola Startac 8000 TDMA phone. I want the phone to work so I followed the advice on this list. I called locus and played dumb but they said they do not activate TDMA phones anymore since Jan 2006.

It says it has AT&T service when I turn on the phone.

Is it possible to activate this phone since Jan 2006?

Can a TDMA phone be activated or only CDMA?

Is there any other options to get the phone working in this car? From the information in this list it appears some people can get the phone working. Are these TDMA phones? Can someone who has activated a TDMA phone this year send me details of what they did?

If not, does anyone have an activated phone that I can exchange or buy?

Thankyou for all your help ... Joe.

XQOS
07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I called Locus again for the Viva prepaid plan for my BMW CPT8000.
I entered my ESN number
I got given a new phone number and tried to program the phone, it was looking good.

When we called the *22890<send> number to set it up it failed.
She asked what service is displayed on the phone. I replied AT&T

She then said the phone is no longer supported.

She said only Verizon and Cingular phones will work.

Is there any way around this problem?

Thank you for any suggestions ... Joe.

XQOS
07-03-2006, 02:17 PM
One final try at Locus and I got the SID. I reprogrammed the phone to my new SID.

The phone rings twice but gives me a phone being forwarded mesg and then tells me my number is unavailable. ie it doesnt work.

Also Locus now have my EIN in their database as an unsupported AT&T phone.

I need to find another service provider who activates phones and try again. Any ideas?

XQOS
07-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I finally got a phone working in my 2003 745i BMW. I had to junk the original AT&T TDMA 8000 unit and get a Verizon CDMA BMW phone from TEJARA Group 708-599-1300.

I got an unactivated unit for $299.00 and then activated it using the Locus Viva plan. I reprogrammed it over the air using the Locus instructions, ie: *228<send>. It took about 30 mins after my call to Locus to start working.

TDMA CPT8000 phones dont work, CDMA phones will.

The TDMA phone is B&W and the CDMA phone has a color screen. Otherwise they look the same.

All the phone book, wheel buttons and IDrive stuff works, including the dash keyboard.

The Viva plan is 18c min peak and 9c min nites and weekend with free long distance and international calls. The only problem is the annoying message about minutes left when you start a call. Anyone fiixed this?

Hope this helps .. Joe.

asci01
07-07-2006, 05:17 PM
In case the *228 send doesn't work, you can manually program your CDMA phone with Locus following these steps.

Press *74663#1 and press FCN twice
Enter all ten digits of your phone number and press STO
Enter AMPS System, which is 04152 for Locus and press STO
Enter Digital System ID, which is 04152 for Locus and press STO

Your're done.

Enjoy your car phone !

aedge1
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have any updates on the avaiability of the BTUM for the CPT 8000?

Does anyone have information on the CPT 9000 retrofit kits?

asci01
07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Does anyone have any updates on the avaiability of the BTUM for the CPT 8000?

Does anyone have information on the CPT 9000 retrofit kits?

Here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-Bluetooth-Upgrade-Module-for-V60-745-E65-Cell-Phone_W0QQitemZ220004733718QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2035 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mywifesdreamcar
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Do you guys thin this will also work with the older CPT4000 unit?

Jonah
10-21-2006, 12:02 PM
OMG! it worked. I have a CPT7000 CDMA
I called locus telecom and told them I had a startac and they said they don't activat them. five minutes later I called back and just told them I wanted to sign up for the Viva plan, they asked for my ESN and I acted dumb as a brick and took like ten min finding it on the back of my phone, i just kept reading off diff numbers until he said "that***8217;s the one". after that he asked for the make and model, and, being as dumb as i am, i "didn't know" finally i figured out it was a "Motorola digital" and TaDa! After a call to *228 i've got a working phone

This site is da bomb

Also, minutes do not roll over anymore and if you do not add min once every thirty days your account will be canceled, this is according to the phone rep. so I went with the cheap $10 a month plan. Now if I can get rid of the annoying min left msg I***8217;ll be set

joehint
11-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I have for sale an activiated CPT 8000, works great has minutes on it but I almost never use it. Anyone interested send me a message.

540iFUN
03-18-2007, 08:38 PM
BMW has a module that fits into your cradle for the CPT8000 that is a bluetooth reciever and will convert your existing system for about $280.00 it retains all your CPY8000 functions, just check with your local dealer

lennynchris
04-22-2007, 12:03 PM
What would prevent one from buying the GSM version of the V60 (for those that can use the V60) and using it instead? As long as the plug matches the V60 tdma/cdma one it should work - the car shouldn't care about gsm/tdma/cdma. Only about the connector... Am I missing some detail?

lexball50
05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Is it a universal program lock code for the old startac's.

I got the phone activated, but how do I get the car to reconize it?

lennynchris
05-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Bought a BMW V60s off ebay - $32, activated with Verizon (San Diego Wireless) with no problems. Just gave them the ESN and that was it! Works great! BTW, do you leave the phone turned off? That is, will the phone power up with ignition on and off w/ignition off?

In answer to my own question above, seems like the BMW phone is the requirement...

Juan5577
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
can i get any motorola timeport star tac for my 02 745i cpt 8000 or does it have to be a bmw phone?

Mikey83
02-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Get the BTUM 8000 to allow use of any bluetooth phone with your car.
Check ebay for starters

Juan5577
02-25-2008, 04:06 PM
thanks ill start looking.