PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Experiences with Cleveland Area BMW Dealers?

iwanna330cic
01-31-2006, 02:56 PM
I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a new 330Cic. I am wondering if anyone has experience with either Classic BMW in Mentor, OH or Davis Auto Group BMW in Solon, OH? I'm looking for tips on sales experiences, pricing, service after the sale, etc. As far as that goes - anyone else have advice on any other NE Ohio BMW dealerships? Thanks! :thumbup:

Doug

MJS
01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
I've bought 2 BMWs from Cleveland BMW in Solon and I'd have to say they are a decent place. Sales experience was pretty good. My rep was Debbie Bednar for both, so she's been there a while. She's been pretty fair on pricing as well. When I got my M3 ,in Jan 2002, she didn't gouge me with a markup like some dealers were doing. I believe I even got $600 off(destination charge I think, as the original person backed out of the deal and she called me). Service has been pretty good as well, but not stellar. I don't know anyone in the service department, nor any mechanics there. So, it's not a very personal experience. But their work has always been good. You do always get a BMW loaner though. Typically a 325/330, or sometimes a 5 series.

Alternatively, I've been getting my M3 serviced at Ganley BMW on the west side for the last 2 years. I got hooked up with a Master Mechanic via a friend I met at some local BMW drive get-togethers. This guy is top-notch and takes very good care of my car. If I need to schedule it for service or something, I call him and he handles everything. Picks up my car at my office in the morning, leaving me a loaner for the day, and dropping it off when done. Can't beat it! Especially since I live and work on the east side.
It's nice talking with the mechanic working on your car versus some SA who is not giving you the detail you want. Plus he does aftermarket work on the car as well. I've had him put on swaybars twice (GC, then CSL) and if I'm ever going to bite the bullet and buy some suspension(TC Kline), he's the guy I'd want putting it on. Awesome guy!

Anyhoo, that's my 2 cents. I've never dealt with Classic BMW in Mentor.

vern
02-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Try www.dealerrater.com Good luck
cheers
vern

kyfdx
02-01-2006, 07:38 AM
I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a new 330Cic. I am wondering if anyone has experience with either Classic BMW in Mentor, OH or Davis Auto Group BMW in Solon, OH? I'm looking for tips on sales experiences, pricing, service after the sale, etc. As far as that goes - anyone else have advice on any other NE Ohio BMW dealerships? Thanks! :thumbup:

Doug

Any interest in assuming a lease on a 330Cic? I've got an '05... new in November of '05.. The wife doesn't like the convertible as much as she thought she would... Still has over 33 months to go.. I negotiated a dirt cheap deal..

regards,
kyfdx