PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Pulled The Trigger!!

iwanna330cic
02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
After years of dreaming about one, today I finally ordered a new 330 convertible (check out my member name!)

It took some haggling for sure (no surprise) but my car's sticker is just over $53K and I got it for $49,400, plus a very reasonable trade-in allowance. It's

Sparkling Graphic Metallic
Black top
Natural Brown Leather / Myrtle trim
Steptronic
Navigation
Sport Package
BMW Assist/Bluetooth
Xenons
Heated Seats
CD Changer (installed)
iPod accessory (installed)

Expected date of "delivery" is March 31st! :D :D :D

Glad to be here!!!

Doug

Rowag
02-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Congrats! Now begins the worst wait of your life!

wwb4
02-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Congrats.....look forward to seeing pics once you take delivery. :thumbup:

Test_Engineer
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
After years of dreaming about one, today I finally ordered a new 330 convertible (check out my member name!)

It took some haggling for sure (no surprise) but my car's sticker is just over $53K and I got it for $49,400, plus a very reasonable trade-in allowance. It's

Sparkling Graphic Metallic
Black top
Natural Brown Leather / Myrtle trim
Steptronic
Navigation
Sport Package
BMW Assist/Bluetooth
Xenons
Heated Seats
CD Changer (installed)
iPod accessory (installed)

Expected date of "delivery" is March 31st! :D :D :D

Glad to be here!!!

Doug

I have a very similar car at work...Black/Black and manual, but everything else is the same....you'll love it!...Oh yeah...did you order snows for that thing? Summer tires suck under 40 degrees.

///M3lissa
02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Congratulations - Is this your first BMW?

zentenn
02-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Nice set up. You're really gonna like it :thumbup:

MJS
02-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Congrats! What dealership did you end up going with?

As for snow tires, you'll probably be ok not getting them this year. Just don't drive in it if it does snow in April.
You should definitely get them before next winter, or park it and drive a beater.

hockeynut
02-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Congrats!!!!!

iwanna330cic
02-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Congrats! What dealership did you end up going with?

As for snow tires, you'll probably be ok not getting them this year. Just don't drive in it if it does snow in April.
You should definitely get them before next winter, or park it and drive a beater.

I have an Acura TL that will be around for another two years - so I won't be driving the bimmer in the snow until the winter of 2008! And, yes - I will get 4 good snows and 4 decent wheels at that time. :)

Yes - this is my first BMW. I am really looking forward to this - nearly as much as when I was much younger and bought my first (brand-new) MGB :bigpimp:

I got the car at Davis BMW in Solon, OH. After getting a terrific online quote from cars.com, I went to that dealer (Classic BMW in Mentor) and they gave me a real low-ball appraisal for my trade-in (2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with only 2100 miles!!). Even still, there offer was about $400 better than the Solon folks. So I went back to Solon (which is where I preferred to get the car) and they beat their deal by another $400!

Thanks for the responses, guys --- now all I have to do is mark off each day on the calendar for a while :bawling:

Pics when it arrives for sure! :beerchug:

Doug

Bruce128iC
02-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I have to give back my 2003 330cic in a few months. :cry: It's been the best car I have ever had. :thumbup: No major problems at all. In fact, really NO problems at all. Had a funky window washer fluid pump that went bonkers and kept draining the washer fluid but that was replaced under warranty. Plus I had a xenon fail on me early on, but they replaced that as well. Overall, it's been a great driving experience and I will miss it. But I'm ready for a change.

Congrats on your new car. Great color combo with the natural brown interior! :thumbup:

Wingboot
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Congratulations. Looking forward to the pics :thumbup:

DrewM3
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Have fun with your new wheels. Way to go, man. Way to go. We want pics.

Jp_Austin
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
iwanna330, if you have another car to drive, why didn't you do a european delivery? What could be more fun than opening up you new car on the Autobahn and seeing how fast it can go without having to worry about someone saying you were going to fast! On top of that, you get an automatic 7% off the base price.

iwanna330cic
02-02-2006, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Jp_Austin]iwanna330, if you have another car to drive, why didn't you do a european delivery? [QUOTE]

I did think long and hard about that - even did some web searches on things to do, places to go, etc. But the timing is just not cooperative with my business... :(

But I WILL be getting it! :D

Doug

Jp_Austin
02-02-2006, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Jp_Austin]iwanna330, if you have another car to drive, why didn't you do a european delivery? [QUOTE]

I did think long and hard about that - even did some web searches on things to do, places to go, etc. But the timing is just not cooperative with my business... :(

But I WILL be getting it! :D

Doug
And that's the important thing! Welcome! And I'm sure you will enjoy it! I also think you will really enjoy some of your options as well (Nav and bluetooth). Too bad you went with the step (LoL)!

RChoudry
02-02-2006, 04:53 PM
the performance package would nicely spruce it up and make it fairly rare.

iwanna330cic
02-02-2006, 06:33 PM
the performance package would nicely spruce it up and make it fairly rare.

I also considered that along with the 6sp.... but in all fairness to my other half, I just could not get a car that only I could drive --- especially something that georgous and fun. But the $3600 or so extra took it beyond what I could afford - which I've already done anyway! :rofl:

I think what counts is I am aware of how I could have outfitted the car, and I am thrilled with how it will come equipped -- Whoopie! :bustingup :freakdanc :banana: :clap: :thumbup:

Doug

Test_Engineer
02-02-2006, 10:57 PM
but in all fairness to my other half, I just could not get a car that only I could drive --- especially something that georgous and fun. But
Doug

All the more reason to do it. :thumbup: :D

J/K I'm just mad that my wife broke mine the other day....damn potholes.