PDA

View Full Version : 2002 starting problem Please Help!!

Zamboni
02-02-2006, 08:02 AM
I have been having problems starting my 1975 (2002) in the mornings: I pulled the choke and starts right away, but them stalls and the carburator gets flodded. if feels like is not pumping enough gas. What could Be?? HELP PLease

Fast Bob
02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
A MANUAL choke??? Yegads....I`m having a flashback! :-) Could be a clogged fuel filter or time for a carb rebuild. Try pushing the choke cable halfway in immediately after starting, and see if that prevents the flooding situation.

Regards,
Bob

Fast Bob
02-02-2006, 10:52 AM
P.S.: Almost forgot the basics....pull off the air cleaner, and have someone work the choke while you watch to determine that it`s actually functioning as it should.

Regards,
Bob

Artslinger
02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Maybe you have a stuck float or choke, try spraying some carb cleaner in there, best bet is to have the carb rebuilt.

2002 tii
02-02-2006, 12:27 PM
was to try to start it without the choke, and as liitle of throttle as possible, then if it caught, try to feather the throttle to keep it running, until it warmed up.

I have had too many years of FI cars to remember correctly, however, it sounds like time for a carb rebuild.

Good luck