PDA

View Full Version : DSC problem

lmxu
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi,

I bought my 2000 740 il about 3 weeks ago and had some problems with service light on, they fixed it but delayed a few days kept saying they are replacing the traction control, needed to order from bmw, blah blah (and did this twice because according to them, they had the wrong parts the first time)

So I took the car back and noticed this triangle in the middle of the dash board was on. I came back home, read the menu, and it says my DSC was either disabled or malfunctioned. I immediately went back to the car and tried to press the DSC button. Nothing happned. The light stayed on at all times.

I'm a bit pissed off that they made me waited 4 days for this and it's NOT fixed. So my question is

1. How much typically is it to fix this DSC? I wanne reason a price with them.
2. How important is DSC? (it's my first bmw, i don't know jack about them)

thanks a lot. really appreicate your experties in this.

lmxu
02-03-2006, 11:30 AM
btw, i'm asking this because I'm wondering in case I can't reason with these fellows and i'm tired. Has this DSC issue happend to anybody here? How much it costed you and how long have your drove with the DSC light on before you get it fixed?

BmW745On19's
02-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I'd take it back to the dealer that fixed it the last times and tell them they screwed it up, because it sounds like they did, and tell them to fix it for free or threaten to call BMW of NA or the BBB.

1. Lots
2. DSC is BMW's super-advanced traction control which applies braking pressure and takes power off of the wheels if it senses that the car is loosing control.