PDA

View Full Version : OC / LA /IE / SD Meet - Feb 18th

1Dreamer
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Hello gang,

The last OC meet for festers was Oct. 29th and it seemed like about time to do it again, so Markseven and I came up with Feb. 18th. All LA / SD / IE residents are welcome to attend. :) No meeting place has been chosen yet so suggestions for a good central location are welcome. A target time would be about 4:00 PM but that's flexible.

If you're interested in attending and have any restaurant (or other) suggestions, please post. :stickpoke

1. 1Dreamer
2. Markseven

LA525iT
02-03-2006, 12:18 PM
1. 1Dreamer
2. Markseven
3. LA525iT

markseven
02-03-2006, 04:34 PM
:banana: :supdude: :)

AsianImage
02-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Count me in unless something crazy comes up...like I sell my car or something!

I will keep look out on this thread. Looking forward to seeing you guys again! :thumbup:

NaTuReB0Y
02-04-2006, 04:26 PM
hey hey hey....that time again huh....it all depends on the location.

1Dreamer
02-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Count me in unless something crazy comes up...like I sell my car or something!You can still come if you sell your car. That'll give us a chance to check out your new wheels! :bigpimp: hey hey hey....that time again huh....it all depends on the location.I'm pretty flexible on location. I'm down in coastal South OC area and don't really know my way around East of the 405 without a map, so I'm waiting for suggestions of a central location convenient for everyone to get to . . . unless you'd all be up for meeting in Laguna or the Irvine Spectrum which is my hood. :p

AsianImage
02-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I just want somewhere not traffic crazy.

If we meet on a Satuday night..us LA folks have to make the trek and the 5 sucks heading south on a Sat night.

But hey..whatever is clever!

markseven
02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
error

markseven
02-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I just want somewhere not traffic crazy.

If we meet on a Satuday night..us LA folks have to make the trek and the 5 sucks heading south on a Sat night.

But hey..whatever is clever!

Can we meet a *little* earlier... say 2 or 3? The wife just reminded me that we have a wedding reception at 7PM (that will ease the pain of a Saturday night 5 North commute for the LA brethren, too).

Anyone know if that snow-covered steakhouse place off the 5 and La Mirada Blvd is any good? How's the parking lot?

philippek
02-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I'll be there....depending on work

ketchup
02-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Anyone know if that snow-covered steakhouse place off the 5 and La Mirada Blvd is any good? How's the parking lot?
As long as they serve prime rib, I've been CRAVVVING Prime Rib! I went to yardhouse in pasadena this weekend and they didn't have prime rib :mad: . What good is a steakhouse without prime rib?!

1. 1Dreamer
2. Markseven
3. LA525iT
4. ketchup

markseven
02-05-2006, 08:23 PM
As long as they serve prime rib, I've been CRAVVVING Prime Rib! I went to yardhouse in pasadena this weekend and they didn't have prime rib :mad: . What good is a steakhouse without prime rib?!

1. 1Dreamer
2. Markseven
3. LA525iT
4. ketchup

Heya Ketchup :)

Ok, the place I was talking about is Clearman's Northwoods Inn, but scratch that idea cause they don't serve prime rib and everything except sandwiches is $20+.

Anyone else have any ideas?

AsianImage
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
cool..a more LUNCH like meeting would be cool....

late lunch early dinner?

Plus we have daylight to take more pictures!

hmm...how about BRAZILIAN? Anyone know of a good CHURASCARIA? (sp?) ALL YOU CAN EAT meat of all kinds!!

markseven
02-05-2006, 09:48 PM
cool..a more LUNCH like meeting would be cool....

late lunch early dinner?

Plus we have daylight to take more pictures!

hmm...how about BRAZILIAN? Anyone know of a good CHURASCARIA? (sp?) ALL YOU CAN EAT meat of all kinds!!

There's one on Lemon in Fullerton, about a mile from where we met last time. It's called Amazon BBQ.

1Dreamer
02-06-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm flexible on time and location, but I'm not sure heading North on the 5 is any less of a hassle than heading South. In fact, I do the drive back and forth quite often from South OC and I find it's usually worse heading toward LA, but Saturday shouldn't be too bad compared to Mon - Fri. Ketchup's got the longest drive coming from SD though so that's something to keep in mind in not choosing a location too far North. The previously mentioned location in La Mirada would be over 30 miles North of me and that's fine, but it would be over 100 miles for him. :yikes:

markseven
02-06-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm flexible on time and location, but I'm not sure heading North on the 5 is any less of a hassle than heading South. In fact, I do the drive back and forth quite often from South OC and I find it's usually worse heading toward LA, but Saturday shouldn't be too bad compared to Mon - Fri. Ketchup's got the longest drive coming from SD though so that's something to keep in mind in not choosing a location too far North. The previously mentioned location in La Mirada would be over 30 miles North of me and that's fine, but it would be over 100 miles for him. :yikes:

How about South Coast Plaza? It's off the 405 and pretty centrally located. There's a good size lot near Corner Bakery/Maggiano's...

LA525iT
02-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll be there....depending on work

Oh c'mon Philippe, consider it business development :D

1Dreamer
02-06-2006, 10:55 AM
How about South Coast Plaza? It's off the 405 and pretty centrally located. There's a good size lot near Corner Bakery/Maggiano's...That would be fine with me. :)

Here's another possibility I'll throw out there. I just remembered a restaurant I saw reviewed by "9 On The Town" in Fullerton and it looked like it might be a hoot to go to with a bunch of people. It's a huge place Italian place (but famous for their pizza) with a wild (and tacky :rofl: but fun) atmosphere.

Angelo’s and Vinci’s Ristorante: http://www.angelosandvincis.com/

Reviews on CitySearch: http://orangecounty.citysearch.com/review/660956

About our décor…Be prepared when you walk into Angelo’s and Vinci’s Ristorante to be overwhelmed! With surprises in every corner, you won’t know where to look first! You will sit amidst the art of the great masters, in an Italian town square complete with the storefronts of old Italian butcher and cheese mongers, fruit and wine vendors, seamstresses showing their wares, and more. Fairy lights abound under cathedral ceilings as our ancestors smile down at you from the Family Love Altar. Explore and you will be surrounded by colorful Sicilian puppets, the carnival masks and canals of Venice, and the romance of Romeo & Juliet. Find our mystical Room of the Moon…and don’t forget King Kong, Dracula, Frankenstein, witches, ghosts and who-knows-what that await you in the Monster Wine Cellar!

Owner, Steven Peck, renowned Hollywood dancer, choreographer and veteran actor of over 100 movies and television performances, has delightful photographs of over 40 years of famous stars, directors and dancers. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Gary Cooper, Robert Taylor, Broderick Crawford, Kirk Douglas, Walter Winchell, Sam Wanamaker, Vincent Minnelli, Sylvester Stallone, Ted Danson, David Hasselhof, Ray Sharkey, Shirley MacLaine, Cyd Charisse, Dolly Parton, Joan Collins, Raquel Welch, Olympia Dukakis, Shelly Winters and so many more. Films from Paramount, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., MGM, Desilu, United Artists, Universal Studios, to name a few.

LA525iT
02-06-2006, 10:56 AM

Only one I know is Foga de Chao on La Cienega, and I'd be in the minority if I voted for an LA site.

I think central OC is the fairest location, even though it means markseven ends up with a 5 minute drive while the rest of us schlep there :p

AsianImage
02-06-2006, 11:03 AM
South Coast Plaza is fair enough....

I am cool with that...and I think timing play alot into the traffic. If we do the late lunch, early dinner timing, we should be fine.

markseven
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Here's another possibility I'll throw out there. I just remembered a restaurant I saw reviewed by "9 On The Town" in Fullerton and it looked like it might be a hoot to go to with a bunch of people. It's a huge place Italian place (but famous for their pizza) with a wild (and tacky :rofl: but fun) atmosphere.

Angelo’s and Vinci’s Ristorante: http://www.angelosandvincis.com/

Dreamer,

Parking is a mess at A&V's. Food is good :)

think central OC is the fairest location, even though it means markseven ends up with a 5 minute drive while the rest of us schlep there :p

:eeps:

It's actually 18.5 miles for me which still may be less than everyone else :p :rofl: :eeps:

markseven
02-06-2006, 11:18 AM
South Coast Plaza is fair enough....

I am cool with that...and I think timing play alot into the traffic. If we do the late lunch, early dinner timing, we should be fine.

So, is 2PM ok with everyone?

1Dreamer
02-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Dreamer,

Parking is a mess at A&V's. Food is good :) Early to mid afternoon too? Just looks like a fun place that would be pretty centrally located.

I'm fine with South Coast Plaza though. About 20 miles for me also. :)

So, is 2PM ok with everyone?Would that give you enough time to wash your car so you don't have to face several more months of scorn by LA525iT?:p

LA525iT
02-06-2006, 11:26 AM
If I tell the Mrs. I'm going to a meet at South Coast Plaza, she's likely to join and then run off with my wallet.

philippek
02-06-2006, 11:27 AM
If I tell the Mrs. I'm going to a meet at South Coast Plaza, she's likely to join and then run off with my wallet.

That's ok...I wanted to hang out with her anyways...

LA525iT
02-06-2006, 11:32 AM
That's ok...I wanted to hang out with her anyways...

Not with my credit cards you're not :p

LA525iT
02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Would that give you enough time to wash your car so you don't have to face several more months of scorn by LA525iT?:p

I'm going over Mark's car with a microscope. He's been posting those pics of a meticulous Touring with brand new rims and I KNOW that's not what he drives. ;)

1Dreamer
02-06-2006, 12:58 PM
He's been posting those pics of a meticulous Touring with brand new rims and I KNOW that's not what he drives. ;)Well, a guy showed up last time with an incredibly clean Touring claiming to be Markseven, but I'd never met him before so for all I know it could have been Marksix or Markeight posing as Markseven. I'm not one to stereotype, but guys named Mark are very sneaky and the sevens typically drive filthy cars. ;)

ketchup
02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
CPK ?! (california pizza kitchen) if ya wanted to do a lunch thing and they're practically found everywhere!

AsianImage
02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
CPK ?! (california pizza kitchen) if ya wanted to do a lunch thing and they're practically found everywhere!

how far the great have fallen...CPK??? umm...not in my book of fine dining. :p

Heck lets go to RED LOBSTER then...love thise cheese biscuits!

hahaha...just kiddin...I dont really hate CPK...but not in love with it either...:dunno:

LA525iT
02-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Is there any good dim sum around South Coast? Pizza? I wont suggest Korean food again, although I heard mostly positive reviews from the BCD meet.

I do know there is a Red Robin on Sunflower which has pretty good burgers and unlimited fries :thumbup:

1Dreamer
02-07-2006, 12:40 AM
I think CPK is great, but Red Robin is fine with me too. I don't really care where we eat. :)

markseven
02-07-2006, 06:52 AM
Early to mid afternoon too? Just looks like a fun place that would be pretty centrally located.

Downtown Fullerton lacks a decent parking lot. There is a parking structure, but I think you have to pay and it would be tough to park near each other.

I'm going over Mark's car with a microscope. He's been posting those pics of a meticulous Touring with brand new rims and I KNOW that's not what he drives. ;)

Argh! As luck would have it, my sparkling Sienna Red 540 will be on the concourse at Pebble Beach that day :D. I'll be driving my beater red wagon. Hope you guys don't mind :angel:

Well, a guy showed up last time with an incredibly clean Touring claiming to be Markseven, but I'd never met him before so for all I know it could have been Marksix or Markeight posing as Markseven. I'm not one to stereotype, but guys named Mark are very sneaky and the sevens typically drive filthy cars.

:rofl: Hilarious. This is gonna be a great meet :thumbup:

Corner Bakery! Corner Bakery! (http://www.cornerbakery.com/menu/default.asp?Unit_ID=001.023.0082&state=CA)

Just a suggestion - I am good with anything - Food is secondary for me.

1Dreamer
02-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I am good with anything - Food is secondary for me.Exactly my point. :thumbup: It's about getting together, not romancing a spouse or a date with a fine dining experience in an attempt to get lucky. :rofl:

SoCaLE39
02-07-2006, 01:04 PM
damn it i have a tradeshow to go to for work in Indianapolis that weekend:(

markseven
02-07-2006, 04:41 PM
damn it i have a tradeshow to go to for work in Indianapolis that weekend:(

Send somebody else to the tradeshow!

SoCaLE39
02-07-2006, 10:21 PM
so, you want to go for me:eeps: :p

bmw330pp
02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
If I get my internet running again at home I'll check in later next week to see if I'll be going. I f$#%^ hate verizon. Can you hear me now? For the moment, I will be on my way to Vegas this weekend!:thumbup: The new job in the OC is going very well. Will report more later.

:thumbup: Mark

markseven
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
If I get my internet running again at home I'll check in later next week to see if I'll be going. I f$#%^ hate verizon. Can you hear me now? For the moment, I will be on my way to Vegas this weekend!:thumbup: The new job in the OC is going very well. Will report more later.

:thumbup: Mark

In what part of OC are you working? :)

bmw330pp
02-09-2006, 04:48 PM
In what part of OC are you working? :)
Between the 5 and the 57, on Anita. There is a :D Bugger King on the corner.

markseven
02-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Between the 5 and the 57, on Anita. There is a :D Bugger King on the corner.

I know exactly where you are. I work about 15 minutes north of you at the 55. We should get lunch at Tacos Jaliscos on Tustin and Katella or Watson's at the Orange Circle :thumbup:

bmw330pp
02-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I know exactly where you are. I work about 15 minutes north of you at the 55. We should get lunch at Tacos Jaliscos on Tustin and Katella or Watson's at the Orange Circle :thumbup:
Sounds good to me.

ketchup
02-10-2006, 10:09 PM
any plans set in stone yet? food isn't important to me, it's all about the people and the cars :thumbup:

1Dreamer
02-11-2006, 12:27 AM
any plans set in stone yet? food isn't important to me, it's all about the people and the cars :thumbup:Since 2:00 is better for Mark and no one has said they can't meet then, I think we can set that as the time. And the South Coast Plaza area seems to be fine with everyone, so now we just have to decide between the three suggestions.

- CPK
- Red Robin
- Corner Bakery

Does anyone know which one has the most parking?

markseven
02-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Since 2:00 is better for Mark and no one has said they can't meet then, I think we can set that as the time. And the South Coast Plaza area seems to be fine with everyone, so now we just have to decide between the three suggestions.

- CPK
- Red Robin
- Corner Bakery

Does anyone know which one has the most parking?

Corner Bakery, man! :) That's why I suggested that place :thumbup: But again, I am cool with CPK and RR

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68178&stc=1&d=1139710006

philippek
02-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Corner Bakery, man! :) That's why I suggested that place :thumbup: But again, I am cool with CPK and RR

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68178&stc=1&d=1139710006

You get the award for Best Visual Aid in a bimmerfest thread.

markseven
02-11-2006, 06:35 PM
You get the award for Best Visual Aid in a bimmerfest thread.

Why thank you, Philippe - does that mean I get to drive whichever car you bring to this meet? :D

philippek
02-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Why thank you, Philippe - does that mean I get to drive whichever car you bring to this meet? :D
Deal :thumbup:

ketchup
02-11-2006, 10:22 PM
South Coast Plaza - Corner Bakery, Feb 18th @ 1400 [2pm] it is.

1Dreamer
02-11-2006, 10:34 PM
South Coast Plaza - Corner Bakery, Feb 18th @ 1400 [2pm] it is.Yup, the biggest parking area wins. :)

Corner Bakery
3333 Bristol St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: 714-546-1555

BYOBMW :D

LA525iT
02-12-2006, 06:56 AM

Thanks Mark. Now he'll probably show in 92 Geo Metro. :p

philippek
02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks Mark. Now he'll probably show in 92 Geo Metro. :p

Can I borrow the Integra that weekend :D

LA525iT
02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Can I borrow the Integra that weekend :D

Can Mark drive a stick :stickpoke ??

LA525iT
02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1557382&postcount=53

:D

philippek
02-13-2006, 11:05 AM

For some reason I'm envisioning the fight scene from "West Side Story."

LA525iT can be Tony, I'll be Riff, Steve645 can be Bernardo....and Markseven can be Maria?

markseven
02-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Dude, What is all that about? :tsk: Post a link to whole thread :rofl:

markseven
02-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Dude, What is all that about? :tsk: Post a link to whole thread :rofl:

Nevermind, it was easy to find. I'm off the board for one day and all hell breaks loose :p :rofl: :bustingup

LA525iT
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Can Mark drive a stick :stickpoke ??

Mark???

markseven
02-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Mark???

:amish: :confused: :eeps: :angel:

markseven
02-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Mark???

BTW, LA525iT... is the Z4 a stick, tough guy? :confused: :p :angel: :) :rofl:

AsianImage
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry to post somewhat bad news.

I am now a MAYBE for this get to gether....

I simply do not know how I will be feeling this weekend. This week has been crazy. I guess I can share with my so cal brothers.

Yesterday..on V Day...I was called into HR and was "let go" or...what we know as FIRED. I have been having trouble at work for a long time. Major personality conflicts with managers and the VP. So it finally came to a head and they let me go. I have been getting my resume and references in check. Anyways....so I am not in the best of moods lately. So I may still come by but if I dont feel up to it I may not come. Sooo....:cry:

markseven
02-16-2006, 08:49 AM

I simply do not know how I will be feeling this weekend. This week has been crazy. I guess I can share with my so cal brothers.

Yesterday..on V Day...I was called into HR and was "let go" or...what we know as FIRED. I have been having trouble at work for a long time. Major personality conflicts with managers and the VP. So it finally came to a head and they let me go. I have been getting my resume and references in check. Anyways....so I am not in the best of moods lately. So I may still come by but if I dont feel up to it I may not come. Sooo....:cry:

AsianImage,

Dude, so sorry to hear about your situation :( On the bright side, this will force you to walk through a new door of opportunity (sometimes we get comfortable in a bad situation). My wife and I will pray that something opens up soon.

In any event, I think you need the camaraderie of a bimmerfest meet... :grouphug: See you on Saturday :)

1Dreamer
02-16-2006, 08:56 AM

Yesterday..on V Day...I was called into HR and was "let go" or...what we know as FIRED. I have been having trouble at work for a long time. Major personality conflicts with managers and the VP. So it finally came to a head and they let me go. I have been getting my resume and references in check. Anyways....so I am not in the best of moods lately. So I may still come by but if I dont feel up to it I may not come. Sooo....:cry:I'm so sorry. :-( I know it's tough and stressful to go through things like this and people tend to want to sit home and worry, but it doesn't do any good. Been there, done that. If anything, it'll just make you more depressed. It'll be good for you to be out and around friendly faces even if it's just for a couple of hours. I guarantee it'll cheer you up. Do what you feel you need to do, but if you just feel like hopping in the car at the last minute, I'll even pick up your lunch tab. :)

AsianImage
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
WOW...you guys are great....thanks for the kind words.

I am starting to change my mind a little...your right. Ok...I will truly try to make lunch.

I need some smiles...STAT! :rofl:

LA525iT
02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
BTW, LA525iT... is the Z4 a stick, tough guy? :confused: :p :angel: :) :rofl:

It's my wife's car :angel:

markseven
02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
It's my wife's car :angel:

Whatever :rolleyes: :p

aw/ir02smg
02-17-2006, 07:31 AM
hey, sorry to hear about that. i'll be self-employed 18 years tomorrow - 2/18/06. u know what they call us self-employed pple - unemployed everyday! all i've learned is that if i did my best today, and still nothing happens, i thank God anyways. now if i sat on my rear end and nothing happened...then it's my fault. in my life - when i've found myself "unemplyed", often it's His way of telling me to take a little break. work and busyness will come in due time. :)

LA525iT
02-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Yikes, it looks like it might rain. Major dilemma:

(1) I wash the car and it gets rained on. Waste of time and effort.
(2) Dont wash the car and it doesnt rain. I get mistaken for Markseven.

Tough choice.... :angel:

markseven
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Yikes, it looks like it might rain. Major dilemma:

(1) I wash the car and it gets rained on. Waste of time and effort.
(2) Dont wash the car and it doesnt rain. I get mistaken for Markseven.

Tough choice.... :angel:

:bigpimp: :rofl: :thumbup: :str8pimpi :bustingup

Dude, I think you missed your calling. If I remember correctly, Don Rickles was looking for a protégé a few years back...

40% chance of rain tomorrow (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/weekend.html?locid=92626&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared) :confused:

ketchup
02-17-2006, 10:46 AM
so I will opt not to wash the car and bring an umbrella.

1Dreamer
02-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Figures we'd get our first rain of the winter tomorrow after summer weather all fall and winter. Not only that, but the temp is only expected to reach a high of 58. :eek: Since most So. CA residents consider that to be arctic weather and probably won't want to be out washing their cars in the morning, I was thinking maybe we should call a moratorium on the tradition of pelting the dirtiest car with our leftover food as they exit the parking lot. (If you didn't know about that tradition, it's because I was planning on starting it tomorrow.) :p

LA525iT
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
My car is going to take the dirty prize, hands down. I've been travelling back and forth to NY (3 times in past 2 weeks) and my car has just been sitting at my house collecting salt and dew.

Please eat all of your food so I dont get pelted. :D

1Dreamer
02-17-2006, 11:34 AM
My car is going to take the dirty prize, hands down. I've been travelling back and forth to NY (3 times in past 2 weeks) and my car has just been sitting at my house collecting salt and dew.

Please eat all of your food so I dont get pelted. :DDid I mention the tradition of pelting the cars of people who leave CA to take jobs in NY? Good thing you turned it down. :D

LA525iT
02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Did I mention the tradition of pelting the cars of people who leave CA to take jobs in NY? Good thing you turned it down. :D

Despite the rain forecast this weekend, I LOVE the weather here in CA. It would take alot to get me to leave this place.

markseven
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM

Prolly still looks ok - my car had a layer of dust that turned into splotches when we got a very light drizzel last week... I may be the only guy on our street who will be washing his car on a rainy saturday morning :dunno:

LA525iT
02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Prolly still looks ok - my car had a layer of dust that turned into splotches when we got a very light drizzel last week... I may be the only guy on our street who will be washing his car on a rainy saturday morning :dunno:

Dont wash it Mark. I think a 'Dirtiest Touring' contest is now on the agenda... :p

markseven
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Dont wash it Mark. I think a 'Dirtiest Touring' contest is now on the agenda... :p

Dude, I wish I could just leave her the way she is, but I'm gonna go to Mahalo M3's IE event on Sunday... but I think it's gonna rain on Sunday too... :eek:

Maybe just this once I can show up with a dirty car :angel:

1Dreamer
02-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Prolly still looks ok - my car had a layer of dust that turned into splotches when we got a very light drizzel last week... I may be the only guy on our street who will be washing his car on a rainy saturday morning :dunno:Looks like I'll have to order and extra meal just to have enough food to pelt. :p

markseven
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Looks like I'll have to order and extra meal just to have enough food to pelt. :p

Dreamer, are you gonna bring the pooch? :)

LA525iT
02-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Dreamer, are you gonna bring the pooch? :)

Wait a second!!! If we are going to bring dogs let me know because I think my lab would get along famously with Dreamer's golden. Or we could save the dog+BMW meet for next time. :)

AsianImage
02-17-2006, 05:06 PM
hey, sorry to hear about that. i'll be self-employed 18 years tomorrow - 2/18/06. u know what they call us self-employed pple - unemployed everyday! all i've learned is that if i did my best today, and still nothing happens, i thank God anyways. now if i sat on my rear end and nothing happened...then it's my fault. in my life - when i've found myself "unemplyed", often it's His way of telling me to take a little break. work and busyness will come in due time. :)

Thanks for the advice and words. I know its for the best, I was terribly miserable there. Cant wait to see your ride...you are coming right?

AsianImage
02-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Wait a second!!! If we are going to bring dogs let me know because I think my lab would get along famously with Dreamer's golden. Or we could save the dog+BMW meet for next time. :)

Wet dogs and corner bakery? Wouldnt your doggies want to come out and play? Run around? In the wet weather and a concrete parking lot would not be fun for the doggies will it?

:dunno:

Either way..looking forward to seeing the boys! My camera has batteries and an empty memory card!:thumbup:

LA525iT
02-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Wet dogs and corner bakery? Wouldnt your doggies want to come out and play? Run around? In the wet weather and a concrete parking lot would not be fun for the doggies will it?

:dunno:

Either way..looking forward to seeing the boys! My camera has batteries and an empty memory card!:thumbup:

Labs and goldens love water!!! Seriously though, I think the dogs might not be a great idea for tomorrow. Although the suggestion makes me think we should have our next, next meet at Goldenwest and PCH, that is, across from HUNTINGTON DOG BEACH !

1Dreamer
02-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Wait a second!!! If we are going to bring dogs let me know because I think my lab would get along famously with Dreamer's golden. Or we could save the dog+BMW meet for next time. :)I would LOVE to do that! :D I have taken out to dinner with friends, but only at places with outdoor areas. I won't take him anywhere where he has to stay in the car or be left outside while I'm inside though, so not this time, but maybe we can find a place next time. Laguna's a pretty dog friendly town and certain restaurants have reserved their prime patio tables for me along the sidewalk just so I can bring him. I've done the same at 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica where there are several restaurants with outdoor eating areas. If we can find some place like that or maybe have a non-restaurant/eating related meet somewhere where dogs are allowed, I think it would be fun. :)Labs and goldens love water!!! Seriously though, I think the dogs might not be a great idea for tomorrow. Although the suggestion makes me think we should have our next, next meet at Goldenwest and PCH, that is, across from HUNTINGTON DOG BEACH !Yeah, I forgot that Huntington is also a dog friendly town with a dog beach and I think they actually have a restaurant or two specifically set up for dogs. :thumbup:

1Dreamer
02-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Wet dogs and corner bakery? Wouldnt your doggies want to come out and play? Run around? In the wet weather and a concrete parking lot would not be fun for the doggies will it?My dog wants to be anywhere I am or where people who will pet him are. :D If I put him outside alone, he'll just stand at the door looking miserable waiting for me to let him in. It doesn't matter if it's wet or dry or how many toys he has to play with, he just wants to be with people. Even at dog parks, he ignores all the other dogs and just goes from person to person. I don't think he knows he's a dog. :rofl:

But it's illegal to have dogs inside restaurants, grocery stores or drug stores. Anywhere else is fair game with the permission of the establishment. I take him to stores with me all the time. He's even gone in dressing rooms with me at Macy's without anyone saying a word. I even took him into an art gallery once. :)

1Dreamer
02-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Well this sucks. I guess mother nature decided to drop in a day early because it's now 6:45 on Friday night and it's raining at my house right now! Looks like I'll be pelting my own car tomorrow. :eek: ;)

AsianImage
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I cant wait to meet all the doggies!!

yes...it is RAINING all the way up here in Pasadena. Hopefully it will pass us over and be nice at 2PM tomorrow!

ketchup
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I cant wait to meet all the doggies!!

yes...it is RAINING all the way up here in Pasadena. Hopefully it will pass us over and be nice at 2PM tomorrow!
DUDE!!! you better be there!! hey!! I'm in alhambra right now! let's head out together!

ketchup
02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
I take him to stores with me all the time. He's even gone in dressing rooms with me at Macy's without anyone saying a word. I even took him into an art gallery once. :)
whoa, that's real puppy love :D

the rain IS my carwash, I'm just going to spray soap on the car and let it wash/rinse overnight :bigpimp:

markseven
02-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Labs and goldens love water!!! Seriously though, I think the dogs might not be a great idea for tomorrow. Although the suggestion makes me think we should have our next, next meet at Goldenwest and PCH, that is, across from HUNTINGTON DOG BEACH !

There's this place on Goldenwest called Breakfast at the Park (I'm pretty sure that's the name - it's close to the Huntington Beach library) that has picnic tables set up in the park - they even have a doggie menu. Every time I've been there a doggie birthday party was going down :rofl: This place would be cool but parking sucks bigtime. Just thought I'd put that out there for any prospective doggie party organizers :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice and words. I know its for the best, I was terribly miserable there. Cant wait to see your ride...you are coming right?

Yeah, AI is coming... aw/ir02smg, you are coming too, correct? :thumbup:

the rain IS my carwash, I'm just going to spray soap on the car and let it wash/rinse overnight

Haha, I should have done that! :p

1Dreamer
02-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Every time I've been there a doggie birthday party was going down :rofl: A birthday party for a dog? Some people take it a little too far. You'd never catch me doing something that ridiculous. :eeps:
http://shutter05.pictures.aol.com:80/data/pictures/01/00F/5C/EE/F7/39/c6es+IibyOiw9QUAWdRF7nv2sW5-oNj80146.jpg

markseven
02-18-2006, 10:40 AM
A birthday party for a dog? Some people take it a little too far. You'd never catch me doing something that ridiculous. :eeps:
http://shutter05.pictures.aol.com:80/data/pictures/01/00F/5C/EE/F7/39/c6es+IibyOiw9QUAWdRF7nv2sW5-oNj80146.jpg

Aw, cute happy puppy :thumbup: How old did he turn that day?

AsianImage
02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
A birthday party for a dog? Some people take it a little too far. You'd never catch me doing something that ridiculous. :eeps:

That post just made my morning! :rofl:

cant wait to see you guys!

bmw330pp
02-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Sorry guys, but I can't make it today. I have to go to some baptism classes at 3:00 for my son. If you guys are still there after about 4 I would still go. Let me know. If not, I'll just catch you guys at the next meet.:thumbup:

LA525iT
02-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I would LOVE to do that! :D I have taken out to dinner with friends, but only at places with outdoor areas. I won't take him anywhere where he has to stay in the car or be left outside while I'm inside though, so not this time, but maybe we can find a place next time. Laguna's a pretty dog friendly town and certain restaurants have reserved their prime patio tables for me along the sidewalk just so I can bring him. I've done the same at 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica where there are several restaurants with outdoor eating areas. If we can find some place like that or maybe have a non-restaurant/eating related meet somewhere where dogs are allowed, I think it would be fun. :)Yeah, I forgot that Huntington is also a dog friendly town with a dog beach and I think they actually have a restaurant or two specifically set up for dogs. :thumbup:

As I will show you by the volume of doggie fur in the back of my 525it, my dog goes everywhere with me too (that's why I got a Touring, actually). Agree, I never, ever leave him in the car. He doesnt like waiting outside for me, but I find that almost every dining/coffee place I go to has outside seating and is dog friendly.

markseven
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry guys, but I can't make it today. I have to go to some baptism classes at 3:00 for my son. If you guys are still there after about 4 I would still go. Let me know. If not, I'll just catch you guys at the next meet.:thumbup:

Hey dude, I actually have to be at a wedding reception at 6PM - I'll be leaving the meet at 3:45 in order to pick up my suite, go home and shave/shower and be on the road by 5:45. I imagine the rest of the guys will be there till 5 or 6 :)

ketchup
02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Where are the pics?! I can't believe I forgot to bring my camera :mad: It was SUCH a good opp for a photo shoot!

1Dreamer
02-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Where are the pics?! I can't believe I forgot to bring my camera :mad: It was SUCH a good opp for a photo shoot!Here they are. AsianImage started a new thread. :)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133242