PDA

View Full Version : The Wave

matt325is
02-03-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm thinkin that all BMW drivers or at least the ones that drive the same series should wave at each other, just as a friendly symbol seeing that you both have somthing in common. So if u see a bimmer or ur same series start up "the wave".

MAtt325is

blankboy
02-03-2006, 11:31 PM
There are too many BMWs where i live and work, i will be waving all the time while i am driving.

and that's not good for the general public. =D

AudioslaveFan
02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
It is what all Corvette owners do

MMME30W
02-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Why are you spamming this board?

wwb4
02-04-2006, 01:19 AM
:wave:

BMW 86-91
02-04-2006, 01:50 AM
:thumbup:

JetBlack650
02-04-2006, 01:58 AM
when i see a 6 drive by, i get excited because the car is hot (and yes, it's still rare, even in orange county compared to SLs, etc.)! and since i can't see myself driving the car, it's nice to actually see the car being driven. however, there were a couple of times i was either behind, in front of, or side by side with another 6 and i was like, 'umm..do i give the thumbs up?' sometimes i just think that the other 6 driver feels like they lost their exclusivity (sp?) so they won't even look over at me. or maybe i wont' look over not because i feel i lost that exclusivity but i don't want them to ignore my ass if i decide on smiling with my thumbs up. one time i was at a gas station with another 6 owner and just by looking at her face, it seemed like she thought she was the ****!! has anyone else seen this? i think most of the posters here are pretty cool but there are still some out there that look like they're above everyone else. anyway, i think starting some sort of "wave" like matt said would help let both parties know that it's all good. haha. :)

Dudesky_E36
02-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Umm, that's almost practically patented by Jeep owners (me being a former member). It's called the Jeep wave . . they have the uncanny ability to spot each other across an 8 lane highway and still manage to wave to each other. It's so standard among them that you can even Google 'Jeep wave' and get results.

I find that most bimmer owners are self absorbed and don't acknowledge each other. But you get the occasional thumbs up out there on the road :thumbup:

psychop
02-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Likd the motorbike guys, eh?
Bud i dobut it would work for passenger cars drivers...

zentenn
02-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Instead of the wave, I think most owners just look at each other, if anything.

PropellerHead
02-04-2006, 04:57 AM
I'm thinkin that all BMW drivers or at least the ones that drive the same series should wave at each other, just as a friendly symbol seeing that you both have somthing in common. So if u see a bimmer or ur same series start up "the wave".

MAtt325isback in the day, '02 drivers flashed their lights at each other as a sign of solidarity to the lil car. At one point, most in the CCA would do the same.

Since I haven't seen another '02 while driving it (or for that matter, when NOT driving) in about three years, the occaison is more rare. Ab two years ago, I did see a lady in a fjord(?) blue one and flashed/waved. She did the same in return.

Just Bryce
02-04-2006, 04:58 AM
I am an E30 waiver :thumbup:

rudejamaican
02-04-2006, 05:59 AM
whenever I see another bimmer same series or not, I alway wave or give a :thumbup: , especially the older bimmer thats well maintained.

Bart001
02-04-2006, 06:04 AM
:mad: <--two-handed wave at people who who drive under the speed limit in the far left lane.

:flipoff: <--- two-handed wave I sometimes get from non-Bimmer drivers.

Nic3quik
02-04-2006, 06:09 AM
I had a friend who had a cardboard wing on the back of his taurus.
He waved at everyone.

x3man
02-04-2006, 06:19 AM
I was thinking we could all stand up in succession and look across the highway to see the massive wave form. Of course, the blokes in the expensive seats never do the wave. :D

OSUbeaverFan
02-04-2006, 06:20 AM
I had a friend who had a cardboard wing on the back of his taurus.
He waved at everyone.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks! That comment made me spit out my coffee!! LOL!!

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 06:48 AM
I agree but...
I have been out in Twentynine Palms for a year trying to do that. Most of the people with BMWs look at me like a pig looking at a Rolex when I wave and flash my lights.
Last week on Sunday when I was driving to the 6 meet I was on I-10 near where I-215 splits off to go to San Diego. A Titanium silver 6 with the top up passed me without honking or waving. I downshifted and caught up with him and honked and gave him a thumbs up and he nodded. And that was all. It was the second 6 I have seen on the road in almost two years and he nods his fricking head like he's accepting homage from one of the little people. One of the things we have to accept is that many BMW drivers see their BMW as a posession and status symbol and do not share our passion for the (hate to say this) marque. Those of us who get excited join forums and drive to meet each other will wave at each other. And it isn't about sixers only. There was a guy there with an 88 M-5 lst week that really looked good and got a lot of looks from us 6 guys. He love that car and it showed. And we respected it. See ya on the road and I will wave and flash atcha :thumbup:

Ryan2006
02-04-2006, 07:03 AM

MAtt325is

I currently drive a Jeep Wrangler (awaiting re-delivery after ED), and almost all Jeep drivers wave. Out of habit, I will probably keep waving to Jeep drivers for a while. There are even rules (http://www.jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.shtml)for the Jeep wave. It is nice to get the wave as you drive around town.

MPBX3
02-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Sorry, but waving is just for us CJ/YJ and TJ owners. :rofl:

Besides my wife's 2004 X3, I own 2 YJ's, 1 TJ and a mustang gt...and we don't even wave in the stang.

TR6
02-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I waved at a guy in another coupe a couple of weeks ago and he just looked at me funny. :rofl:

ffej
02-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Jumping in for a minute here...you'll notice, *especially* in the more populated areas of CA, that it's often not about enthusiasm for the car. The majority of bimmer drivers are, unfortunately, are more interested in the exclusivity of their auto than the joy of driving it. Which is amusing, because there are PLENTY of cars out there that make a bimmer seem far from exclusive.

Many don't understand that what makes a BMW truly special - I know I didn't before owning one - is what happens when you turn the steering wheel and the association of other enthusiasts...

Kanuck
02-04-2006, 07:52 AM
I think it should be very understated. A very slight lifting of the index (not some other one) finger from the wheel should suffice. Unless of course (to borrow from the Jeep rules) it is a pre E36 car in showroom condition. In those cases, one should pull over, get out, and bow as the classic bimmer goes by.

Moderato
02-04-2006, 08:20 AM
BMW owners never wave to each other. When I had my 330i, NO ONE ever wave to me. When I had my M3, sometimes other M3 or M5 drivers would wave. With my STI's EVERYONE in a wrx will wave to me. Don't ask me why all this is. :dunno:

Chicago Jenny
02-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Sorry Harley already grabbed that.....no copycats.

KrisL
02-04-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm in the silicon valley. My hand would get tired and all the execs and soccer moms would wonder wtf I was trying to flag them down. :)

CaptainKirk
02-04-2006, 09:18 AM
I would love to but I have not seen another M Coupe or M roadster except when I visited Dallas area.
2000 M Coupe silver/black
stock

:hi:

BmW745On19's
02-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Alot of 7er owners are stuck up and don't take pride in their car, i.e. not washing it, the most they would get outta me is the one-finger salute.

As opposed to the wave I prefer the thumbs up if they seem to take pride in their bimmer. Waving to me sounds kinda girly, or maybe I'm just self concious.

Just Bryce
02-04-2006, 09:28 AM

As opposed to the wave I prefer the thumbs up if they seem to take pride in their bimmer. Waving to me sounds kinda girly, or maybe I'm just self concious.
:stupid: I dont actually wave, usually the biker two finger down out the window :thumbup:

BmW745On19's
02-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Stop Posting In Every Forum!

bimmerd00d
02-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I do it. Unfortunately most others dont. :(

eVal
02-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I think so too, but at this point I'm kinda put off by the indifferent response. I caught up to a Z3 coupe on 101 some time ago and was roundly ignored, then another time another M Coupe's response in SF was pretty weak. Even the Mini to Mini recognition, something the Mini was big on (and still is in most of the country it seems), is spotty at best. I think the SF Bay Area is just jaded or something :P

milobloom242
02-04-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm too busy cursing all the comatose drivers surrounding me in stop-n-go traffic.

rajrao
02-04-2006, 09:54 AM
i saw a woman driving an mcoupe just like mine the other day, i pulled up next to her in my rental chevy aveo and tried to get her attention to tell her what a great car she had, and she gave me the priceless LA, "Are you stalking me look?" and then drove off. People are just too suspicious of other people nowadays...

dzrocks_11
02-04-2006, 10:19 AM
i got a better idea, pull up nest to a fellow bimmer owner and give them 'the look' then hammer the gas and see who wins :D

760Lifan
02-04-2006, 10:22 AM
How does "The Wave" look like? :dunno:

Sev03
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
i got a better idea, pull up nest to a fellow bimmer owner and give them 'the look' then hammer the gas and see who wins :D

haha i like that idea.. and the other too :D

cngizbleevng
02-04-2006, 10:35 AM
I always give the "peace sign" when I see another z3. Most of the time, the other person doesn't have enough time to respond before we've passed each other though.

Nevervana
02-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Most of the people with BMWs look at me like a pig looking at a Rolex when I wave and flash my lights.
:rofl: Funny how that mentality seeps over into this forum sometimes too. :)

In any case, I agree ... wave away. Problem is the damn tinted windows. Can they see you? You can see them!

Saw a 650 coming the opposite way on the highway yesterday. Another jet black. It looked like a flagship / combo / sleek looking SHARK ... it was incredible looking coming towards you at an angle like that.

-N-

BmW745On19's
02-04-2006, 11:00 AM
:stupid: I dont actually wave, usually the biker two finger down out the window :thumbup:

G's Up A-Town Down?:D

Fast Bob
02-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I don`t know about where you live, but I`d get f##kin` Carpal Tunnel Syndrome if I attempted to wave at every BMW in my neck of the woods....besides that, half of these brain-dead morons don`t even aknowledge when I flash them to warn of an impending radar trap....

Regards,
Bob

BmW745On19's
02-04-2006, 11:03 AM

Just Bryce
02-04-2006, 11:05 AM
G's Up A-Town Down?:D
Ever seen "Malibus Most Wanted"?
:rofl:

Ronnaferd
02-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I think if you pull up to another bimmer at a light you should give him "the rev" hahahahah

See if the race works out. :rofl:

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 11:11 AM
They are pretty awesome looking cars all right. Last week, I was second from the end for a while and had the Stratus Grey behind me and it is sooo pretty looking. He had no front license palte (I think) and it amde it look prettier even. I have Titanium Silver and I hope it looks as good.

760Lifan
:wave::banghead:
O.K.! Sometimes I should think more practical. "The Wave" is a nice Idea. Better than :bareass:

BMWALDO
I'm a fan of the Thumbs-UP. If there is an owner with a sweet ride. He deserves it.

x3ronnie
02-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm thinking a flash of the headlights would be easier, and you can't keep 2 hands on the wheel if you so choose. Come on, how much effort is that?

pauleeee
02-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I totally agree. Having been an 02 driver for many years I waved at my share of other
02s driving by - it was the accepted protocol. I've never seen the same passion in later
model BMWs or Porsches for that matter. It's a shame we don't recognize each other for merely driving a BMW.

gbelton
02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Driving the BMW isn't the same for everyone. What I mean is that some people are so unfriendly when you try to smile or say hey to a fellow BMer owner. Now don't get me wrong, I am not hurt or stressed, it goes to show we are in such times where folks are like, "Whatever!":rolleyes:

I was driving onto the NJTPK and I saw a Black 6er Coupe and I looked to say, "Nice" and that huy looked straight forward-he was so focused I knew it was on purpose because he was in the lane I was merging into...

I drove up to a guy with a 7er and he looked at me like, "You Peasent!" I don't know guys.:dunno:

But me, I love my Bimmers and I don't buy or drive them nor use their prestige to say I am somebody... Save that one for all those pre-madonnas' out there.

GMAN:thumbup:

Brent P
02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Around where I live that would lead to a quick rotator cuff injury. There are more BMW sedans and SAV's around here than flys.

cobradav
02-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I've tried to make a point to point at a 3, 5, or 6 series and give them a thumbs up. Most ignore my gesture, but I think more 3s respond than any others (E46 and E90). I just assume the 7ers are to busy in theor office to pay attention us commoners.:) Have not seen but 3 or 4 6ers on road in the 11 months that I have had mine and none responded.

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Driving the BMW isn't the same for everyone. What I mean is that some people are so unfriendly when you try to smile or say hey to a fellow BMer owner. Now don't get me wrong, I am not hurt or stressed, it goes to show we are in such times where folks are like, "Whatever!":rolleyes:

I was driving onto the NJTPK and I saw a Black 6er Coupe and I looked to say, "Nice" and that huy looked straight forward-he was so focused I knew it was on purpose because he was in the lane I was merging into...

I drove up to a guy with a 7er and he looked at me like, "You Peasent!" I don't know guys.:dunno:

But me, I love my Bimmers and I don't buy or drive them nor use their prestige to say I am somebody... Save that one for all those pre-madonnas' out there.

GMAN:thumbup:
:stupid:

You're the right one. My wife always says "The best revenge is a good life." And we all have that. I can honestly say I have loved every car I have ever had starting with the 1950 Morris Oxford. Well, maybe not the 1962 Falcon. It was a major dog.

thebutlerdidit
02-04-2006, 01:38 PM
We should all do something that signifies what it means to own a BMW.

Maybe, show each other our empty wallets as we drive by?

BmW745On19's
02-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah that movie is freakin' hilarious!:rofl:

Just Bryce
02-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah that movie is freakin' hilarious!:rofl:
I'm reppn' "Da Wood", Carollwood that is :bigpimp:

Malibubimmer
02-04-2006, 03:05 PM

MAtt325is
I will smile (and maybe nod -- sorry GrahamBishop) at other 6er owners, and give a :thumbup: to an M5 (and, M6, too, when it comes out), but to wave at every BMW on the road is more than a bit much. It's a fu6king full time job!

Artslinger
02-04-2006, 03:08 PM
What is with the wave post in every sub forum. :gay:

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Depends on where you are I guess. Out here in the low-rent district, they are not as common as in other parts of the country, where foo foo coffee is sold . However even in Germany where BMWs are (get ready Malibu :p ) ubiquitous, people with sixes wave and flash lights at each other, and I got a lot of :thumbup: while driving around.:rofl:

Alluvium
02-04-2006, 03:33 PM
yeah i wave at convertable bimmers, cause i drive one, and most times some one waves back :p

Simon645
02-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I was driving in Sydney (Australia) earlier this week and saw an identicle Black 645, we both acknowledged each other and cast an admiring glance at each others cars, it's nice to see the view from this perspective.

cobradav
02-04-2006, 04:20 PM
And a nod to you in Australia, Simon:thumbup: Welcome

Nevervana
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Well that's just downright silly. Our car is in the same general price range as theirs. We just have more life and more vitality and can spend our money on fun versus luxury. If anything, they should feel like grandpas and we are the wild children. I may get a 7 series after this car, as Im a big luxury fanatic, but we'll see what the 650 looks like in 4 yrs...

-N-

Nevervana
02-04-2006, 04:30 PM
By the way, as per the goons in the other thread, I would like to STRONGLY encourage not removing your hand from the wheel at ANY TIME in order to wave. Anyone who does this is a pompous ass who needs to go to performance driving school. 9 and 3 at all times kids!

LOL !!!!!! :rofl: I crack myself up.

-N-

chuck92103
02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
By the way, as per the goons in the other thread, I would like to STRONGLY encourage not removing your hand from the wheel at ANY TIME in order to wave. Anyone who does this is a pompous ass who needs to go to performance driving school. 9 and 3 at all times kids!

LOL !!!!!! :rofl: I crack myself up.

-N-

uh, actually it is 10 and 2 o'clock. :thumbup:

Boxboss
02-04-2006, 05:00 PM
10, 2 and 6 for the goons.

Penforhire
02-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Too many non-enthusiasts choose BMW's where I live. I started off waving but after 0-for-10 I figured it out. Used to get a reasonable reply % in all my past 'premium' vehicles (C5 Z06, S2000, Teg GSR). So no wave for Bimmers. I got next to a brand new 645 and the old guy looked at me like I'm an alien (or is that peon, in my 330i?) when I waved.

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 05:20 PM
10, 2 and 6 for the goons.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Malibubimmer
02-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Too many non-enthusiasts choose BMW's where I live. I started off waving but after 0-for-10 I figured it out. Used to get a reasonable reply % in all my past 'premium' vehicles (C5 Z06, S2000, Teg GSR). So no wave for Bimmers. I got next to a brand new 645 and the old guy looked at me like I'm an alien (or is that peon, in my 330i?) when I waved.
Pee-on.

Malibubimmer
02-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm usually at 9:30 and pounding the iButton with the other hand. Damn iDrive!

chuck92103
02-04-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm usually at 9:30 and pounding the iButton with the other hand.

Is that even legal? :dunno:

govtec
02-04-2006, 06:16 PM
this is so gay! only vw beetle owners wave to each other.

Grumpy
02-04-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm not gonna ask you what the 'iButton' is!!

///M3lissa
02-04-2006, 06:57 PM
I only wave if I catch a cute guy checking me out :)

...or if someone is giving me the one finger salute :eeps:

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Waht goes on the road stays on the road! True story: there was a V Corps G-4, a full Colonel, a few years back , who was driving on the Autobahn, and passed a tour bus full of tourists (naturally) and was caught flogging the wrong gear shift if you catch my drift. The end of a brilliant career. The troops took it well though. Apparently he was a real jerk at work too.:rofl:

pbm317
02-04-2006, 07:12 PM
BMW's, especially 3 series, would be way too common for this I would think. When I first got my S2000 in 2000, S2000 owners would always wave at one another, but that's only because like about 10,000 are sold in the US annually.

Johnz3mc
02-04-2006, 07:16 PM

MAtt325is
Good idea Matt. Up to this point, I've never returned a wave just because it's usually good looking women waving and they appear to be stalking/following me, but maybe I'm just too suspicious. Oh, wait, maybe it's really the reverse. Now I'm confused but I'll wave anyway.
Have you noticed though, women tend to focus on the road / driving a lot more than men do. Eyes forward, eyes on mirrors. Women rarely see the wave but guys are always looking around, gawking, checking things out everywhere and frequently return the wave. So who are the good multitaskers?
-John C.

Tio
02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Waht goes on the road stays on the road! True story: there was a V Corps G-4, a full Colonel, a few years back , who was driving on the Autobahn, and passed a tour bus full of tourists (naturally) and was caught flogging the wrong gear shift if you catch my drift. The end of a brilliant career. The troops took it well though. Apparently he was a real jerk at work too.:rofl:

Sounds more like he was a jerk-off!

To quote N, I crack myself up.

grahambishop
02-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Sounds more like he was a jerk-off!

To quote N, I crack myself up.

Yeah! :jack: I couldn't have said it better :thumbup:

Malibubimmer
02-04-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm not gonna ask you what the 'iButton' is!!
It controls the iDrive, you pree-vert!

Ishniknork
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I always try to nod or wave to fellow BMW owners no matter what car they have. Be it an old beat-up 3 series or a brand new 7. But many of them, especially in the 7's don't even look. I think the percentage of BMW 'owners' outweighs the percentage of BMW 'drivers'.

Catch my drift???

Personally, I think a 'Thumbs-Up' signal would be appropriate, at least for the 'drivers'. If you got a return thumbs-up you'd know they were a true BMW enthusiast!

rjcoston
02-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Most of the other Z3 drivers that I have waved at don't wave back.

mkh
02-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm in the silicon valley. My hand would get tired and all the execs and soccer moms would wonder wtf I was trying to flag them down. :)
:stupid: In LA where I live, if you were to wave at every 3 series, you can only drive with one hand since you won't find a chance to put the other hand down.

Daniel B
02-05-2006, 03:29 AM

LynxZ3r0
02-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Very rarely do I get a wave returned down here. 90% of the BMW drivers down here are the "fake rich" people - the wave gets you a rather nasty look, like you're a jerk.

I still do it!

I can actually count returned waves on 1 hand -

A lady in a black 3.0 (this was back when I had my black 2.8)
A guy in a black 1.9
An older gent in a silver MCoupe

The times I've been not only ignored, but downright angered -

Stopped at a gas station, a black MRoadster pulls up at the pump next to me, and the guy totally blows me off and ignores me, peeling out as he drives off - Was probably 50/60. Probably didn't like a guy 25+ years younger than him having the same car. :cry:

x3ronnie
02-05-2006, 05:03 AM
We should all do something that signifies what it means to own a BMW.

Maybe, show each other our empty wallets as we drive by?

Speak for yourself, I don't carry a wallet, so I have nothing to show.:)

kostverloren
02-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Forget the wave, you'll probably be ignored. Flash them instead, they'l think there' s
a cop ahead.:p

Sands
02-05-2006, 06:26 AM
I've given and gotten waves from a few of the older BMWs as well as z3s. Most e46 drivers around here don't though.

mgianetto
02-05-2006, 07:51 AM
We Corvette owners wave (most of us anyway seems some of the new owners think it is beneath them :tsk:)

1bad540
02-05-2006, 08:20 AM
iI always wave in my vette, alot of the younger guys definately think its beneath them ,still i do it.. But in Ny every other car is a beemer, id be wavin all day and people would look at u like your retarded....:rofl:

bimmerd00d
02-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I grew up driving a 1973 Corvette L-82 4-spd, i threw the wave every chance i got. I carry that tradition with the BMW's, but it's just not the same. Almost every Corvette owner is an enthusiast.....90% of the BMW owners i know just bought it because it's a BMW. Disregard the horrible picture!

http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/vette/vetteatsss.jpg

andy_thomas
02-05-2006, 09:32 AM
I always try to nod or wave to fellow BMW owners no matter what car they have. Be it an old beat-up 3 series or a brand new 7. But many of them, especially in the 7's don't even look. I think the percentage of BMW 'owners' outweighs the percentage of BMW 'drivers'.

Agreed. (Round here - London - if you wave at someone coming the other way they are more likely to pull a u-turn and chase after you to run you off the road, than wave back at you - taking the so-called British reserve to the other extreme.)

I don't think I have that much in common with your average Brit, let alone your average Brit BMW driver, so I think I'll be passing on this one :)

afx twin
02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
When i had a WRX back in 2002, a lot of fellow WRXers would wave or signal. i thought it was nice comradery. i plan to do the same with my M3.

nowonder
02-05-2006, 03:46 PM
In my jeep wrangler, I'm always getting waves from other wrangler drivers... Frequently from hot chicks too...

Best I ever got from a bmw driver was a nod from a fellow Z4 driver.

Sadly, most other bmw drivers in this area are too busy talking on their cell phones to acknowledge another driver.

--nw

andy_thomas
02-06-2006, 05:52 AM
When i had a WRX back in 2002, a lot of fellow WRXers would wave or signal. i thought it was nice comradery. i plan to do the same with my M3.
WRXers in Oz (where the car has had an almost legendary status) still used to wave at one other when I lived there from 99-01, even though the car was ten-a-penny. Something to do with them knowing something that owners of dinosaur domestic V8s didn't, or so I was told :)

mgianetto
02-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I grew up driving a 1973 Corvette L-82 4-spd, i threw the wave every chance i got. I carry that tradition with the BMW's, but it's just not the same. Almost every Corvette owner is an enthusiast.....90% of the BMW owners i know just bought it because it's a BMW. Disregard the horrible picture!

http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/vette/vetteatsss.jpg

That is the truth.. You still have your vette.. Looks nice (older picture but still) is that medium blue?

Mr.Allen
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Having read this thread, I tried this out on the way to work.

I managed to get a lot of strange looks from other Bimmer drivers.

However, I was flashed in frantically by another E46 driver at a junction, in heavy traffic, which was cool.

My conclusion is that its not worth doing the wave as people are too stuck up.

Mr.Allen
02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
edit: sorry posted twice.

saurav27
02-14-2006, 05:10 PM
2006 3 Series :hi: