PDA

View Full Version : Keeping black leather clean

cinnamonstick
02-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Hello--my last BMW had tan leather and it sounded like a great idea to get black leather with my new 2006. Every bump of my foot shows smuges on the leather! It is driving me nuts! Bad idea--but with the dark gray outside--no other colors of leather really matched---too late anyway!

Have any of you found a safe leather cleaning product for the car seats? I know BMW must sell some--but wonder if it is worth the extra $ to get a BMW brand--or if any leather cleaner will do?.....Thanks guys! Lorie

afx twin
02-05-2006, 03:20 PM
i remember reading about a good leather cleaner/conditioner on another board. i cant remember what it's called. darn... anyways..try searching for "leather conditioner"... or similar key words. that should do the trick.

FalconGuy
02-05-2006, 04:55 PM
if you read the pro detailers forums they recommend for cleaning a mix of 6 parts water to one part Woolite.

Combo conditioner/cleaners are not preferred, one has to suffer, it cant be both. Kind of like a hair shampoo/conditioner, your always better using two products.

This mix has worked great for me, cheap too:thumbup:

Follow up with your preferred protectant/conditioner and your all set

Lexus had stickers on their leather recommending this for cleaning when I bought one.

Autotopia.org, great info on keeping your car looking its best.....

iwanna330cic
02-06-2006, 08:13 AM
At the risk of looking like a two-timer, you should check out:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18

There are TONS of information on all sorts of cleaning, conditioning, waxing and polishing your car (ANY car for that matter!)

:)

Doug

epbrown
02-06-2006, 10:09 PM
i remember reading about a good leather cleaner/conditioner on another board. i cant remember what it's called. darn... anyways..try searching for "leather conditioner"... or similar key words. that should do the trick.

You're probably thinking of Leatherique (www.leatherique.com), they make the best products for leather conditioning. It brought my old Rolls-Royce seats back to life - in fact, I heard about it through the RROC.