BidnessAudio
02-06-2006, 08:02 PM
*oops* already a thread....

wwb4
02-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Very interesting piece.

BidnessAudio
02-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I was actually in the search engine business for a while and there are software packages that are 'google friendly' and perform very similiar-type functions....looks like someone's web marketing team is going to get some pink slips, eh?

andy_thomas
02-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I was actually in the search engine business for a while and there are software packages that are 'google friendly' and perform very similiar-type functions....looks like someone's web marketing team is going to get some pink slips, eh?
The web marketing team affected is in Germany, and I doubt they could give a stuff. I note - as do the four or five simultaneous threads on this board, guaranteeing maximum story coverage - that it's only bmw.de which was affected. If someone in Germany isn't sure where to go to find information about a used BMW and doesn't try bmw.de without having to go through the crutch that is Google, then he's probably better off with another brand anyway :).

At the same time as this non-event are stories, relayed yesterday in the WSJ and others, that people are getting fed up with the ad saturation on Google. This is a much bigger deal for Google as the other story is for BMW.

jillyjellyroll
02-07-2006, 06:08 AM
we had a discussion about this topic <a href="http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131231">yesterday</a>!