PDA

View Full Version : BMW Factory tour in South Carolina, USA

vimal
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi,

Do they have factory tour of BMW in South Carolina?

afshawnt
02-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Yes, visit www.bmwusfactory.com.

vimal
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
It says Virtual Tour.
I wonder if they have real factory tour like in Munich.

hawk2100n
02-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes they do, I have taken it and it is really interesting. When I went, they had just started production of the Z4, and it would have been another month until they were available at dealerships. The tour is really fun and is free, but you have to make reservations before you go. I talked to a factory rep at a local carshow, and they said that the factory wasnt open for tours right now because it was retooling, and probabily wont reopen until March, but no dates had been set. You should just call them and see if the factory is giving tours and make a reservation.

mullman
02-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I have been to the München facilities several times and the museum there is quite outdated and being refurbished at this time.

The Zentrum (and factory tour) in SC is very cool.

Luckily, I am only 90 miles from there...

AEC
02-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi,

Do they have factory tour of BMW in South Carolina?

Normally there is a factory tour, but it is currently unavailable. The factory is being changed over for the new Z4 and X5.

afshawnt
02-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Normally there is a factory tour, but it is currently unavailable. The factory is being changed over for the new Z4 and X5.
This is true, I wonder for how long?

beemerdude86
02-07-2006, 10:44 PM
let us know for how long,??

AEC
02-08-2006, 07:30 AM
let us know for how long,??

I don't know when the tours will resume. I would guess it all depends on when the new X5 is released.

Pinecone
02-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Normally not until the new cars debut at the auto shows.

Call them and ask, they can tell you.

And I thought there was a nominal fee for the tour, like $5 or so. The Zentrum Museum is free, although very few people get out of the gift shop wihtout dropping some money. :)

kyfdx
02-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Normally not until the new cars debut at the auto shows.

Call them and ask, they can tell you.

And I thought there was a nominal fee for the tour, like $5 or so. The Zentrum Museum is free, although very few people get out of the gift shop wihtout dropping some money. :)

I vaguely remember paying something to go on the tour... But, not sure how much.. It is pretty neat.. though probably not any different from any other auto factory tour...

And, yes... we had to buy a keychain and a t-shirt in the gift shop!!

Oh yeah... a Paulaner Hefe-weizen in the snack bar..

mullman
02-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Historically it has been free to card carrying BMWCCA members...

Parrothead
02-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm taking delivery of an X3 on March 13. I just got a letter stating that I will not get to tour the factory because of model change-over secrecy issues. :cry: