PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Color Choice Post - Come on - It's FUN! :)

iwanna330cic
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes, yes - I know.... don't I have a mind of my own? How can I afford to pay $50K+ and not be able to make a decision? And so on, ad nauseum : puke:

But, really guys :stickpoke - color choice IS very important to most of us. So, here's my dilemma... I have a new 330Cic on order with sport pkg & other stuff. I am trying to decide among these color combos and really would appreciate your opinions...

1. Mystic Blue / sand leather / blue top

2. Sparkling Graphite / brown leather / black top

3. Jet Black / brown leather / black top

4. Silver Grey / brown leather / black top

OK - so, what say you? :eeps:

Doug

kyfdx
02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I can't believe I'm responding to a post about color....

Sand leather? Don't do it... it's way too light, and looks like crap when it gets dirty... and it definitely shows dirt...

Natty brown is the way to go... It will look good with any of the colors, except maybe sparkling graphite... (which I know is popular on the E90s, but I wouldn't get it on an E46)..

I like silver-gray... but, then again.. I might be biased, because that is the color of mine... I'm not fond of blue, but it does look great with the brown interior...

LMC
02-07-2006, 09:17 PM
For me, Jet Black would be out -- the hardest color to keep looking good.

I've had both sand and natural brown interiors, and I love the bicolor effect of natural brown, so I would pick natural brown.

Silver Gray with Natural Brown leather

or..... :D

Special order Sterling Gray metallic with Natural Brown leather

Sterling Gray is a silver-gray color but has copper/brown tones instead of the slight blue tones that I see in Silver Gray. It would list for $2000, but you would not have to pay the separate charge for metallic paint. (For my invoice-plus deal, it really cost me $1390 extra)

Here's a photo or two of my Sterling M3, but I confess that it doesn't show the subtlety well. You may be able to see Sterling in the flesh on a Z4 or X5 at the dealership.

Edit: Some of the best Sterling Gray photos I've seen are on a Swiss M3 cabrio at http://home.intergga.ch/peterc/m3.htm

adrian's bmw
02-07-2006, 09:19 PM
2 & 1 in that order...

2 if you want the masculine, earth tone look.

1 if you want the fun but still serious look

I'm getting mine in April, but I'm going with Monaco/Beige/Blue Top.:D I want the confident, yet fun look.

Rowag
02-07-2006, 09:22 PM
If you wash your car often, NOTHING looks better than Jet Black. But only if you wash your car often.

Otherwise I'd go for #1 and just clean the seats well every month.

milobloom242
02-08-2006, 08:14 AM
1 & 3 in that order. Love 'em both and your color combos are great. Don't worry about keeping beige leather clean, just use a mixture of woolite & water and 303 on a regular basis, and periodically condition it.

mapsbmw
02-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Choice 4!!! If what I remember is true....brown leather comes with all black trim (including carpets). IMO that is really nice. Also, I like silver gray or Mystic Blue and would recommend you get either color with the brown leather. I always go with light exterior colors because the appearance of swirls, scratched, chips, etc aren't as visiable but that is just me.

iwanna330cic
02-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow! Opinions all over the map - If nothing else, this proves to me my indecision is not THAT neurotic! :D Thank you all for your comments -- I am really stuck as I like all of these combos! I like the masculine vs. fun but serious look analogy -- seems to fit. I just need to decide which I really want!

Anyone else have an opinion? :angel:

Doug

Mini Art
02-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I would get the jet black and brown leather color combo. IMO its the best choice for a conv. car! I wouldn't worry so much with swirl marks if you give it lots of TLC. My last car was black and I enjoyed every minute washing it and I never grew tired of it.:thumbup:

DarkRyan323
02-08-2006, 12:58 PM
if you like washing your car a lot, then get black. no color looks better when it's clean than jet black. if you're a busy person and maybe you dont have a lot of time to be washing then get silver for sure, it stays clean looking through all the rain somehow, i get jealous sometimes of my friends who have silver cars. but damn, you can't beat a black convertible! :D

DarkRyan323
02-08-2006, 01:00 PM
oh you're from ohio? that's sweet, theres quite a few people on here from ohio!

BobbiOh
02-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Not intended as an insult to anyone. You can't swing a dead cat in SoCal without hitting a silver or dark gray BMW. It's so overdone, it's becoming a cliche. I absolutely refused to get a silver or gray car.

icemanjs4
02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Funny thing is - when I ordered my car, all of the dealers told me NOT to get Silver Gray with Natural Brown. Well I ignored them and ordered it anyway. I cannot tell you what an awesome (and unique) color combination it is. I also went with the silver cube trim for the interior - provides a nice sporty contrast on the interior of the car.

If you want more pics let me know.

iwanna330cic
02-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Iceman -- thank you for those pics.... I saw a used steel grey/brown convertible with a black top (of course) on their lot and instantly knew it was really sharp. Isn't it something how people who make their living selling expensive products have no taste? :D

Doug

hockeynut
02-09-2006, 08:13 AM
There is only 1 choice - mystic/sand/black.

Sand isn't a big deal to keep clean, IMHO. Just hit it with your favorite leather cleaner/conditioner and try not to walk thru mud before driving.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67984&stc=1&d=1139497866

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67985&stc=1&d=1139497862

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67986&stc=1&d=1139497862

kyfdx
02-09-2006, 08:24 AM
I still think it would look better with natural brown...

icemanjs4
02-09-2006, 09:34 AM
I still think it would look better with natural brown...
:stupid: I agree - Natural Brown looks especially good in a convertible - because you can see the whole interior at once.

BTW, if you're not getting sports package - Natural brown doesn't look as good. Somehow the sports seats look infinitely better in NB. It has to do with the way the black seat backs wrap around on the sports seats, but are only on the backside on the non-sports seats.

Hey, let us know what color choice you end up going with.

And by the way, both silvergray and black look great over NB. SG is so much easier to care for though. And yeah I don't understand why the "professionals" have such poor taste.

iwanna330cic
02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
:stupid: I agree - Natural Brown looks especially good in a convertible - because you can see the whole interior at once. BTW, if you're not getting sports package - Natural brown doesn't look as good. Somehow the sports seats look infinitely better in NB. .

I am getting the sport pkg... but I am having a hard time imagining the brown int with mystic blue.... seems kind of wrong to me... whereas brown with black or the greys is really sharp.

Anyone have mystic blue/brown pics?

Doug

mapsbmw
02-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Funny thing is - when I ordered my car, all of the dealers told me NOT to get Silver Gray with Natural Brown. Well I ignored them and ordered it anyway. I cannot tell you what an awesome (and unique) color combination it is. I also went with the silver cube trim for the interior - provides a nice sporty contrast on the interior of the car.

If you want more pics let me know.

Not to get off topic, but this is a sharp car. Love it love it love it.

ger3sf
02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Mystic blue with natural brown...but I'm biased.

When I ordered my car, I wasn't 100% confident I made the right choice. There were no similar combinations on dealer lots. I would've gone with blue with grey interior, but the two-tone interior seemed interesting.

So, upon picking up the car at the delivery center, I was happy with how the combination looked. The only thing I would change is getting the wood trim rather than the aluminum.

Some of my pics from the ED forum ....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63503

Oh, silver grey with NB looks good to me too.

iwanna330cic
02-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Mystic blue with natural brown...but I'm biased. When I ordered my car, I wasn't 100% confident I made the right choice. There were no similar combinations on dealer lots. I would've gone with blue with grey interior, but the two-tone interior seemed interesting. So, upon picking up the car at the delivery center, I was happy with how the combination looked. The only thing I would change is getting the wood trim rather than the aluminum.

So THAT's what blue/brown looks like! Very surprising contrast. Still not sure - but it looks better than I thought it would! Thank you! :)

Doug

mullman
02-09-2006, 01:12 PM
In a perfect world, if I had a car detail person on my payroll, it would be BLACK over BLACK. But alas as a working stiff I have found happiness in Silver over Black or White over Black. I love the "coal bin" look of black interior with tinted windows, but many do not.

Tan, IMHO, show too many scuffs, and dirt. I just like the dark look inside.
You cannot go wrong, it is all personal. White and Silver both are very German if you are a student of vintage racing.

Shades
02-09-2006, 04:19 PM
For the 330cic the best color combination IMO is Orient Blue with sand leather and a blue top.For the 2006 model year they discontinued Orient Blue but i have seen Monaco Blue and it is very similar to Orient Blue.

icemanjs4
02-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Not to get off topic, but this is a sharp car. Love it love it love it.

Thank you mapsbmw! Much appreciated. I love it more and more every day :thumbup: :bigpimp:

hockeynut
02-10-2006, 08:53 AM
For the 330cic the best color combination IMO is Orient Blue with sand leather and a blue top.For the 2006 model year they discontinued Orient Blue but i have seen Monaco Blue and it is very similar to Orient Blue.

Yes, that is a stunning combination. I would have ordered it except I wanted a lighter blue exterior. I liked Topaz but Mystic is just such a cool color I'm glad I went with it.

AzNMpower32
02-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Mystic blue with gray lthr works better in my opinion. However, if you prefer the sand leather then you can get that. However, Mystic blue looks awesome on the convertible.

I just dont like sand (and to a lesser degree, gray) lthr because my jeans rub off on it, resulting in obvious blue or black left on the seat after a few weeks or so. It's not permanent and comes off with leather cleaner and hard rubbing, but at least black doesnt make it look so obvious.