PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or ???

Wingboot
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Is it just me or has the 6-Series E63 forum become the most entertaining forum of all time???

Some incredible stuff there. Is it real or fake??? I pray people are really not that stupid and fortunate in life at the same time..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

beemerdude86
02-07-2006, 10:44 PM
haha too funny lol :rofl:

Ajax
02-08-2006, 07:41 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's great! That Super Troopers jpeg had me crying!

HGilmore
02-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Is it just me or has the 6-Series E63 forum become the most entertaining forum of all time???

Some incredible stuff there. Is it real or fake??? I pray people are really not that stupid and fortunate in life at the same time..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
By far the most entertaining forum of all time and I think most of it is real. Some of the nads over-there are hilarious with what they do during the day in their 6'rs. Now they have the 6'r story of the day thread up. You gotta read it to believe some of the events that a 6'r owner has to deal with while driving down the road. You can't make this stuff up. It must be amazing and obviously life changing to own a 6. Maybe I'll sell both of my 3's so I can scrape up the money to get into a 6. Naaaaaaaaaaaa......maybe not.

whiskey.org
02-08-2006, 04:09 PM
anyone who spends 911 money, and just ends up in a 6 series has some questionable taste

mullman
02-08-2006, 04:18 PM
My father has an '05 645ci (after multiple Porsches) and was hoping to find some enthusiast type discussions on bimmerfest tailored around his model. I fear he has been sorely disappointed.

"Do you think these chrome 22's are too small?" :rofl:

wwb4
02-08-2006, 04:20 PM

:bustingup

milobloom242
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
anyone who spends 911 money, and just ends up in a 6 series has some questionable taste

MMME30W
02-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Hm. I see what you mean :rofl:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1549152&postcount=8

I bought a bimmer mainly because of the steering, handling and roadholding; and I don't post talking about how people gawk at my car. :eeps:

Niftster
02-08-2006, 05:04 PM
I tried to seriously inquire about the problems (jerky throttle and steering wheel lock up).

Between the distilled fish bowl water car washes, traffic gawking diagrams, and compliments from the homeless it's hard to participate and be sincere.

MMME30W
02-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh man, then I found this one :D

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1546397&postcount=13

Oh boy, this is going to be good! : popcorn:

MMME30W
02-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I tried to seriously inquire about the problems (jerky throttle and steering wheel lock up).

Between the distilled fish bowl water car washes, traffic gawking diagrams, and compliments from the homeless it's hard to participate and be sincere.

milobloom242
02-08-2006, 06:41 PM
the 6er forum posters are overcompensating.

BahnBaum
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
It's actually kind of sad. What many of the posters don't realize is that lots of us use the New Posts feature; but many of them believe we post in "their" threads because we're jealous wannabe's.

A couple of them are level headed mature people. It'll be interesting to see how long they allow the children amongst them to taint our opinions of them as owners in general.

Alex

e60lover
02-08-2006, 06:56 PM
I was going to say somthing like that a long time ago. lol. :rofl: :rofl: :D Seriously, I really agree with BahnBaum with everything he said.

Ajax
02-08-2006, 07:13 PM

You obviously aren't:

A) Rich enough.
B) Beautiful enough.

Go back to your pesky entry level BMW's and stfu.

:p

hawk2100n
02-08-2006, 07:36 PM
: popcorn: It is only a matter of time until the hyper defensive flaming and insults to our lowly 3er's and 5er's begin. If I say anything, many 6er owners are the deinfition of conspicious spenders. They buy the car as a means of demonstratrating that they have more money than everyone else and an easy status symbol. I will say, that I met a BMW marketing rep that works in Spartangburg who had just acuired a 6er coupe, and she was on of the nicest people that I had ever talked to about BMW's and I had a 30+ minute conversation with her.

BahnBaum
02-08-2006, 07:42 PM
If I say anything, many 6er owners are the deinfition of conspicious spenders. They buy the car as a means of demonstratrating that they have more money than everyone else and an easy status symbol.

Ehhh. That's no different than the brush some of the 6'er owners are painting 3 owners with. People buy the cars they want to buy because they want to buy them. I'll only go so far as to say that a few 6'er owners that post on this board seem to be obnoxious and small minded, IMO.

The fact of the matter is that many 3 owners could afford to drive a 6'er or more, and many of the 6 owners probably (from a financial standpoint) shouldn't be driving even a lowly 3.

Alex

swchang
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
This week on The 'Fest of Our Lives:

Tine/SF! conspiracies, 6er owners being whiny, and Falcon/Pinecone wars over leaded gas.

It's almost as exciting as last year's episodes: TD and aty being banned and unbanned and banned again, CuriousJoel and the X5 refugee forum... And it's a shame I joined so late and missed the whole RoadFly mess, hts/TD wars, etc.

hawk2100n
02-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Ehhh. That's no different than the brush some of the 6'er owners are painting 3 owners with. People buy the cars they want to buy because they want to buy them. I'll only go so far as to say that a few 6'er owners that post on this board seem to be obnoxious and small minded, IMO.

The fact of the matter is that many 3 owners could afford to drive a 6'er or more, and many of the 6 owners probably (from a financial standpoint) shouldn't be driving even a lowly 3.

Alex
Excellent point, but it depends on how you wear the car. Is it a transportation device or a status symbol. The 3er seems to be more of a self-gratifying transportation device while the 6er is more flashy by nature because you shure as hell wouldnt buy a 6er as a pratical vehicle.

BahnBaum
02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
The 3er seems to be more of a self-gratifying transportation device while the 6er is more flashy by nature because you shure as hell wouldnt buy a 6er as a pratical vehicle.

Not sure I agree.

I covet a C6 Z06. Some would think of it as totally flashy and a completely impractical vehicle. I'd be buying it for the performance, to hell with what others thought it looks like or how impractically they think a 2 seater is.

You can't knock people for buying what they buy. It's a matter of their own choices.

Alex

MMME30W
02-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Excellent point, but it depends on how you wear the car. Is it a transportation device or a status symbol. The 3er seems to be more of a self-gratifying transportation device while the 6er is more flashy by nature because you shure as hell wouldnt buy a 6er as a pratical vehicle.

I would tend to agree; a 6er does not "fit" my stereotype of a bimmer as "sports sedan/Q-car" due to the fact its a 2D. I know, I know, a 2002 was a 2D, but at heart it was a boxy sedan that could give a 911 a run for its money, AND had a big enough trunk to handle a day's shopping.

If I had the dough a 6er would not be on my short list of 2D "flash"-mobiles; Porker, yes, MBZ SL, yes, 6er no.

PS on my next post I'm going to see whether I can increase the number of "double-quotes" per line -- :D

01silber
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Hm. I see what you mean :rofl:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1549152&postcount=8

I bought a bimmer mainly because of the steering, handling and roadholding; and I don't post talking about how people gawk at my car. :eeps:

Sadly I fell onto that thread, I really do not see that guy being for real, Are douche bags like that still breathing?? If you look at his post history he is just a troll/possible spammer, his user id looks to be a phone number; im not calling it though no telling what it is...
but from reading that thread and a few others on that forum,its really sad for the guys that need help or have questions

01silber
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
So far this is the best one from d. warbucks

I wonder if he likes his jellos in cherry flavor or grape
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1546385&postcount=139

ic
02-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Buying a car for status symbol is understandable although it is not my style and my car doesn't do this job. But, look down other people is sad as there're always have people have more expensive cars than yours.

Patrick
02-10-2006, 07:21 AM
I really enjoy reading the 6er forum, always good for a laugh.

I wonder if it will be the first entire FORUM to be banned from the Fest. :bigpimp:

Then they could go and start a completely new forum: e63fanatics.com

:angel:

hawk2100n
02-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I really enjoy reading the 6er forum, always good for a laugh.

I wonder if it will be the first entire FORUM to be banned from the Fest. :bigpimp:

Then they could go and start a completely new forum: e63fanatics.com

:angel:

:rofl: :rofl: I am going to register the domain name, and then make them pay me their alleged millons for it. Some of the posters seem to think that they are on a pedistal above the rest of the members on this site. Definately not all, because there are some genuinely good people on that subforum.

SpeedFreak!
02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
It's actually kind of sad. What many of the posters don't realize is that lots of us use the New Posts feature; but many of them believe we post in "their" threads because we're jealous wannabe's.

A couple of them are level headed mature people. It'll be interesting to see how long they allow the children amongst them to taint our opinions of them as owners in general.

Alex

So true.

I thought this same exact thing... it's like they're in their own little world and if anyone pops in to add their opinion... oh boy... it gets uuuugly. :rofl:

SpeedFreak!
02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
This week on The 'Fest of Our Lives:

Tine/SF! conspiracies, 6er owners being whiny, and Falcon/Pinecone wars over leaded gas.

It's almost as exciting as last year's episodes: TD and aty being banned and unbanned and banned again, CuriousJoel and the X5 refugee forum... And it's a shame I joined so late and missed the whole RoadFly mess, hts/TD wars, etc.

hawk2100n
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Is it just me, or is this going to be a locked thread soon? :dunno:

MMME30W
02-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Apparently not yet :D

Mister Chow
02-11-2006, 10:11 AM
So true.

I thought this same exact thing... it's like they're in their own little world and if anyone pops in to add their opinion... oh boy... it gets uuuugly. :rofl:

The best (worst) part is that some have only just joined the forum (disclosure: I just joined too) or just purchased their first BMW and after 800 miles they're the only true blue BMW enthusiasts. :confused:

I initially stop logging in. Because of the volume of posts, I would enevitably get fished into one of their rediculous threads when doing a New Posts search. I'm glad there are drivers around here. :thumbup:

Patrick
02-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Imagine if they ask for (and get) their own "E63 Lounge" for random, OT posting ... :eek:

Oh the problems that would cause. :eeps:

BahnBaum
02-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Imagine if they ask for (and get) their own "E63 Lounge" for random, OT posting ... :eek:

Oh the problems that would cause. :eeps:

Regardless, what they take as encroachment I just see as regular users doing what they've always done: work the New Posts button and respond to threads for whatever reason. The fact that some of the 6'er owners take that as wannabe'ing and jellos'y baffles me.

Alex

Patrick
02-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Regardless, what they take as encroachment I just see as regular users doing what they've always done: work the New Posts button and respond to threads for whatever reason. The fact that some of the 6'er owners take that as wannabe'ing and jellos'y baffles me.

Alex

I wholeheartedly agree. They do not get that aspect of posting here, and also don't get the community aspect of the Fest. No one can encroach on another forum; it is completely possible that a 1er owner could contribute to the 7er forum and visa versa. Their reactions to non-6er owners posting in "their" forum is entertaining.

There are some interesting similarities with the 6er forum and the old X5 forum (before the mass exodus).

Yep yep.

BahnBaum
02-11-2006, 10:44 AM
There are some interesting similarities with the 6er forum and the old X5 forum (before the mass exodus).

Yep yep..

Hehe. I know which 6'er I vote as the most similar to that sensitive X5 high schooler that never figured out that if he could just stop, others would have done the same.

Alex

Jon Shafer
02-11-2006, 10:57 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. They do not get that aspect of posting here, and also don't get the community aspect of the Fest. No one can encroach on another forum; it is completely possible that a 1er owner could contribute to the 7er forum and visa versa. Their reactions to non-6er owners posting in "their" forum is entertaining.

Yep yep.

Patrick,

I am not implicating you in this message, but one striking
similarity is the propensity of some members to troll the
newcomers - escalating ill-will and conflict. Having been
through this experience once before, we have the benefit
of knowing where it will end up if allowed to continue
(which it will not).