PDA

View Full Version : Loose Car

HB55
02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I have a 2003 745i with sport suspension. Last week, I had new tires put on the front, an alignment, and rear brakes. Now everytime I go over a bump, I feel the car going sideways (slightly). BMW mechanic says he feels it too, but everything is tight. Tire pressures are fine. Anyone else have this problem and/or recommendations?

2006_750Li_ED
02-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Bring the car back to be realligned. Also make sure that the rires are the same size, as the sports package has different wheels for the rear and front, perhaps your wheals are mounted on the wrong axel.
Also have the tires checked for direction, the tires for this car can only rotate to one direction, also make sure that you have the rigt size tires

HB55
02-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. The wheels are correct front to back, but they swapped the fronts. As I understand it, directional tires should have arrows indicating the direction of rotation. All I have are notations that say "Exterieu Outer". Are you sure about the directional tires standard on the Sports Package? I checked the Tire Rack website. Pirelli PZero's come in both directional and asymetical versions.

HB55
02-24-2006, 11:35 PM
I had the car realigned, and it worked. It was like night and day. The car is back to the way it was. Handling is great!